Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2004   #1
geofb
Veteran

Default Undetermined home game in 2005-Broncos or Chiefs

Our undetermined home game for 2005 will be against either the Broncos or the Chiefs. I assume if we win against the Browns and the Jags lose against the Raiders this week leaving us and the Jags tied at 8-8, for purposes of the schedule in 2005 we would be considered 2nd in the AFC South since we beat the Jags twice. That would mean we would play the Broncos at home in 2005 (instead of the Chiefs). Does anyone know for sure that we would be considered 2nd in the AFC South if we tie the Jags since we beat them twice? I think so unless there is some wrinkle I am missing as relates to scheduling and how that might be affected by ties in the division.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If the Jags and Texans are both 8-8, we are definitely considered #2 in the division.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #3
Chawky1
Veteran

I'd think you would rather play the Broncs as you can always count on Plummer mistakes to keep you in the game. Priest will be back next year, and PISSED off. The KC offense has too many weapons to contain (with a healthy Priest) and the D has finally looked a little better as of late. I'd hope for the Broncos.
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #4
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

The Chiefs will also make their defense a priority this offseason. Last year the only major change they made was bringing in Gunther Cunningham as the defensive coordinator to replace Greg Robinson. They basically had all the same players and were hoping that Gunther could improve the defense. They were wrong. The Chiefs again had one of the worst defenses. They will definitely bring in some new players.

I don't know who I would want to play between the Broncos and Chiefs until I see what changes they make during the offseason.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofb
Our undetermined home game for 2005 will be against either the Broncos or the Chiefs. I assume if we win against the Browns and the Jags lose against the Raiders this week leaving us and the Jags tied at 8-8, for purposes of the schedule in 2005 we would be considered 2nd in the AFC South since we beat the Jags twice. That would mean we would play the Broncos at home in 2005 (instead of the Chiefs). Does anyone know for sure that we would be considered 2nd in the AFC South if we tie the Jags since we beat them twice? I think so unless there is some wrinkle I am missing as relates to scheduling and how that might be affected by ties in the division.
Just to remind the people that there is not some conspiracy on scheduling

in 2005 the Texans play the NFC West and AFC North. the road game will be against the AFC East team in the same place and the home game will be against the aforementioned AFC West.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #6
donbmt
Veteran

Who do we have at home and who is on the road?
Old 12-27-2004   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbmt
Who do we have at home and who is on the road?
HOME
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Arizona
St. Louis
AFC West
AWAY
Baltimore
Cincinnati
San Francisco
Seattle
AFC East
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2004   #8
Chawky1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
HOME
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Arizona
St. Louis
AFC West
AWAY
Baltimore
Cincinnati
San Francisco
Seattle
AFC East
Whoa I didn't realize you all had Seattle at home......maybe I am a spy :P
Old 12-27-2004   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawky1
Whoa I didn't realize you all had Seattle at home......maybe I am a spy :P
No, Seattle is away.
I just put an X next to the San Francisco game as my annual "away game".

Although...looking at yesterday's game at Jacksonville...I may be able to find some walk-up front row 50 yard line seats there.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #10
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

myself and a couple of buddies will be making the JAX trip after NO last year and Denver this year. i just hope the texans are on the winning side this time.
Old 12-27-2004   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Our undetermined road game is either against the Jets or Buffalo.
Old 12-27-2004   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
No, Seattle is away.
I just put an X next to the San Francisco game as my annual "away game".

Although...looking at yesterday's game at Jacksonville...I may be able to find some walk-up front row 50 yard line seats there.
Chawker is a seattle fan who has been "trolling" I mean contributing to our board for the last couple of weeks.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #13
Chawky1
Veteran

I'm here on official business!!! My primary mission is to represent Mr. Dom Davis against the unnecessary abuse he has taken here. My secondary objective is to scout you guys out for next year.....glean as much info from the fan boards as possible and disseminate it to high ranking Seattle officials! If you played your games at 4pm EST I wouldn't be around to bother you all since I couldn't watch your games as they would interfere with my beloved 'Hawks.
Old 12-28-2004   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Chawky,

Do you live in Washington state? I doubt they show many Texan's games so you must have satellite or some form of NFL package. How do you get to watch the games?
Old 12-28-2004   #15
Chawky1
Veteran

Default Pa

Oddly enough I live in PA, in the center of the state in fact, so I have to deal with both Eagles and Steelers fans. Eagles fans are far worse. I had to get NFL Sunday ticket a few years back to be able to watch the Seahawks, otherwise it would be like only one game a year on reg tv. Since I am usually bored at 1pm waiting for the Seahawks game (typically at 4pm), I started watching Texans games to pass the time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read