Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2007   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Pro Caps

I have officially had mine for like 3 years now and the smell odor is starting to get toxic. So, I have been looking for a new one and cannot find the same kind. I don't even know if they make them anymore with all of the stretch fit hats(which I cannot stand). Let me know if you know where to buy them.

The one I am seeking looks like this: (pretty funky eh?)

Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #2
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Pro Caps

Anyone????
Old 05-29-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, stay with the Toxic smell version.. Don't turn into one of those pretty boys...
Old 05-29-2007   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Looks like it's just getting broken in. I've got a hat just like it. Long live the stinky hat.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #5
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dude, stay with the Toxic smell version.. Don't turn into one of those pretty boys...
Seriously I am surprised it's not making my hair turn green yet. I think the smell is invading my thoughts and distracting me from my daily routine. I hve a hat rack with like 15 other ball caps, but I can't seem to get past the "stros funky cap" or the "texans funky cap".

I fould a link the other day but I think this is for one of those ghetto looking flat bills. You tell me...

http://www.sportsteams.com/acbnet/st...-P1420C41.aspx

I don't want to look like this...
Old 05-29-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Seriously I am surprised it's not making my hair turn green yet. I think the smell is invading my thoughts and distracting me from my daily routine. I hve a hat rack with like 15 other ball caps, but I can't seem to get past the "stros funky cap" or the "texans funky cap".

I fould a link the other day but I think this is for one of those ghetto looking flat bills. You tell me...

Yeah, lets not go for the ghetto looking flat bills... Wash the "funkies" in the dishwasher and just rock on.. Funny, I have a bunch of caps too, but when I am heading out to the store, it seems like only reach for one of three of those caps... Texans, Astros and my Wahoo Saloon cap from Padre.
Old 05-29-2007   #7
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Why not just wash the hat or dunk it in some Frebreeze?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2007   #8
Shaft75
Site Contributor

I have washed it like 3 times and the smell still doesn't come out. I work out of the house. So my work apparel is always ballcap, shorts and t-shirt. I also wear the cap during softball games, working out or working outside period. It is getting past the point of no return. I really need a new one.
Old 05-29-2007   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index....0&doVSearch=no

There you go! That's the same hat.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Yeah I saw that one. It isn't the real procap though. It only comes in small and medium, and I think it said slouch cap. I need one that comes in 7 1/2, a big headed size. Thanks for looking though!
Old 06-02-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have washed it like 3 times and the smell still doesn't come out. I work out of the house. So my work apparel is always ballcap, shorts and t-shirt. I also wear the cap during softball games, working out or working outside period. It is getting past the point of no return. I really need a new one.
Fabreze extra strength. Works wonders.
Old 06-02-2007   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't you to your local Lids store, link? They sell sized hats there. The online seems to only have streched though. Worth a shot or Ebay. Here's one, link. Just fold the bill once you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 06-02-2007 at 07:03 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Put a rolled up hand towel into the body of the cap to hold it's shape and then put it in the dishwasher on pots&pans cycle load the dish soap just like you were going to do dishes and let it rip. Works real well and if that doesn't do it.......time to get a new one. I did this a lot with my son's caps and it works.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

You could always use one of these, link.

Ball Cap Buddy:

The plastic Ball-Cap Buddy is easy to use for washing Ball-Caps in the washing machine or the top rack of the dishwasher. Use for standard, duck-billed hats and visors. An excellent way to store hats too. Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions for washing the cap. Since this is the only feedback, I guess that this means that Reebok doesn't make this style of hat anymore?
Old 07-08-2007   #16
Shaft75
Site Contributor

After months of searching.........................

http://www.hatland.com/store.cfm/hats,4,4802.html

Only one size and it's mine!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to the Texans gods for guiding me there!
Old 08-05-2007   #17
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions for washing the cap. Since this is the only feedback, I guess that this means that Reebok doesn't make this style of hat anymore?
Go to Hatland.com, they have a Very nice selection. They run around $30, but they are real nice. I have ordered a few, even have a Oilers. (I've been trying to find for years)
Old 08-05-2007   #18
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

............sorry a lil late, looks like you found it!
Old 08-06-2007   #19
Endzone Gabe
Rookie

Heck i still have my original All White with RWB Texan Logo that I got from the very first training camp in 2002.

My wife wants to bury it in the backyard but I keep hiding it
Endzone Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans Pro Caps

Quote:
I would search Ebay. If your cap is the sideline cap, it changes every year.

I've bought many visors from "arkwholesale" on Ebay, including a 2nd year sideline NFL Texans visor when mine was though to be lost.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read