Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-23-2007   #21
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ABC News fixing to show a piece on Green/Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I was going to let Shaft's instigating comment pass, but how is answering a question instigating anything?

This is considered instigating.

Quote:
I don't see the complaint other than just to complain.?
Old 05-23-2007   #22
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Simmons has always been one of my favorite players because when he is on the field he plays with an intensity and drive that is fun to watch.

He is a fine man off the field as well.
Old 05-23-2007   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329528 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell you what, when the whaaaambulance pulls over--try explaining to me how anyone was hurt by a redirect being left and the post getting exposure in two forums instead of just one. Answer that one and we can talk about the definition of instigating.

Edit--geez folks. A thread got moved (and a redirect left)--lighten up.

Last edited by infantrycak; 05-23-2007 at 09:58 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #24
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tell you what, when the whaaaambulance pulls over--try explaining to me how anyone was hurt by a redirect being left and the post getting exposure in two forums instead of just one. Answer that one and we can talk about the definition of instigating.

Edit--geez folks. A thread got moved (and a redirect left)--lighten up.
Step down off of your pedestal and start talking to people in this thread like they are your equals. Nobody wants to deal with your sarcasm.

If you want to talk about instigating... I think you move posts just to instigate. Tedc just pointed that out clearly.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Does this mean that "Danny Clark was just on 610 AM", "Green/ Simmons All Kinda Class" (same subject), "Shaub NFL Network", "Kubes on 610 AM right Now", and others will be moved??

I really don't think they need to be and I don't really want to sift through that when I want to see "Dante's Most Embarrassing Pics".
I think I will go check that out -----> before it gets moved...

(thats tongue in cheek people)
Old 05-24-2007   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329528 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I think you move posts just to instigate.
Cool, you figured it out--I move stuff just to have silly conversations like this one and not have anyone explain (third request) how having a thread visible in two forums during the critical time hurt anyone.

PS--the difference in the other threads is they developed into or involved actual discussion of football--except the other Green/Simmons thread which would have been merged with this one if this one had not gotten sidetracked. Yes it is a fine line sometimes and a thread could go in either place. It isn't an insult to anyone when a thread gets moved--the mods are just trying to keep the place organized.
Old 05-24-2007   #27
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, I think this is another time that the internet misses out on tone.

A mod might think: Move the thread because it isn't really football oriented. (Number exchange for charity). Moving thread is no big deal because there is a redirect, everybody makes mistakes in putting things places, and it is likely to be seen in the other forum. I've explained it.

Someone new to moderation might think: Hey, this is a big deal that might thread is being moved because nobody will see it. That mod is trying to put me down. Gee, I don't know where to put threads and I wish the mod would explain it.

Think it is just a miscommunication based on the initial rough start of the forum.

Ultimately, I believe the best thing to do anywhere on the web, but especially in a place where most everyone wants to share the goal of having a nice community to talk Texan, is trying to assume the best in people and...

Old 05-24-2007   #28
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

To tell you the truth I just like stirring up infantrycak for some reason. But I'll stop...
Old 05-24-2007   #29
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To tell you the truth I just like stirring up infantrycak for some reason. But I'll stop...

Can we hold you to that?

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #30
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
Can we hold you to that?
Why do you always want to hold guys?
Old 05-24-2007   #31
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL! I didn't see that one coming!

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do you always want to hold guys?
Nicely done Shaft!!!!
Old 05-24-2007   #33
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Thank you thank you, I am here all week.
Old 05-24-2007   #34
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not think Infantrycak was trying to insult or belittle my post. I did disagree with its need to be moved, but it is a matter of semantics. I will live with the descision. It is not a big enough deal to worry any further over.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read