Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-22-2007   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ABC News fixing to show a piece on Green/Simmons

They gave a promo but didn't mention their names. Should be on in a few minutes.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #2
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ABG News fixing to show a piece on Green/Simmons

Why did this need to be moved?

Old 05-22-2007   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

That was cool. Good stuff !
Good pub for Green & Simmons. Good pub for the Texans - shows what happens in a class franchise.
And some badly needed good pub for the NFL.
ABC did a real nice story on the subject.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
That was cool. Good stuff !
Good pub for Green & Simmons. Good pub for the Texans - shows what happens in a class franchise.
And some badly needed good pub for the NFL.
ABC did a real nice story on the subject.
Was it regarding the number 30? If so I hope ESPN picks it up.
Old 05-22-2007   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Not sure why.
Old 05-22-2007   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because the TexansTalk forum is for football talk and the Tailgate forum is for events, FYI's on shows, etc. Is there a reason it shouldn't have been?
Old 05-22-2007   #7
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Sorry I didn't mean to put Texans news on the front page.

Anyway I did enjoy the quality story on two quality Texans players.

Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2007   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry I didn't mean to put Texans news on the front page.
I don't understand the front page comment. Please explain? TexansTalk and Tailgate all appear at the same time for me--is there a view setting issue I am missing?
Old 05-22-2007   #9
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Default Re: ABC News fixing to show a piece on Green/Simmons

Casual observers are far more likely to go to the main section for Texans news. I felt it was time sensative and important for those of us wanting to catch positive Texans news. Not everyone tailgates and has a reason to go to that section.

This is how the tailgate section is introduced

Quote:
Texan Tailgating (1 Viewing)
The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend.
This is how the Texans Talk section is introduced

Quote:
Texans Talk (9 Viewing)
Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.
I felt it was a story about players. Not making friends or planing a gathering.

Old 05-22-2007   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Was it regarding the number 30? If so I hope ESPN picks it up.
Yes it was about the quid pro quo arrangement Green & Simmons had for Simmons #30, and ABC gave all concerned a very positive report.
It led into the story by showing Green running with his #30 way back in college, and then in the pros with the Packers, & finally in his #30 Texans jersey. They talked about the DP for a home, and talked to a couple of people who might be possible candidates to benefit from the gift.
Even though ESPN hates to give the Texans any positive pub, since they and ABC are sibbling corporations I'd expect some kind of story on ESPN if only for the sake of some needed good PR for the league.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey overalls, we've just always used this forum as more of an event forum and it's never really been about pure tailgating only. Think of this section as more event driven and less football opinion stuff. I think most people just go to the new posts button when they lurk here anyway...so most people see everything recent when they log in. One good thing about this forum is that the threads don't get lost in the football arguments that dominate the football opinion board. These kinds of threads (an announcement of a show) can go either way...some start out as events and morph...we can always move it back if it becomes more of a football discussion. Nothing is in stone around here.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #12
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Casual observers are far more likely to go to the main section for Texans news. I felt it was time sensative and important for those of us wanting to catch positive Texans news. Not everyone tailgates and has a reason to go to that section.

This is how the tailgate section is introduced

This is how the Texans Talk section is introduced

I felt it was a story about players. Not making friends or planing a gathering.
Makes sense to me.
Old 05-23-2007   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
There was a redirect left so it showed up in BOTH forums. I don't see the complaint other than just to complain.
Old 05-23-2007   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There was a redirect left so it showed up in BOTH forums. I don't see the complaint other than just to complain.
Seems like you are instigating. Why not just tell him why it is moved and let it be over with? He just doesn't understand that's all, and a little clarification helps. It doesn't help at all to provoke it into something that it shouldn't develop into. Just my opinion, but I think we can all get along if we respect each other and not try to stir another's pot.

By the way, I like how Ahman pointed out that while the league's image is tarnished by a couple of bad apples, he and Jason are trying to remind them that there are more good guys out there still.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess I missed the redirect but I did not see it.

Vinny I do not go thru the new post part, I guess I just miss it or something. But I log directly into the threads section and do not see the main page all the time. I check that about once I week.
Old 05-23-2007   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

The redirect is live for at least one hour. Due to the timeliness of the thread started by Overalls the one hour re-direct should have been timely enough to be a traffic cop.

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 05-23-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The redirect is live for at least one hour. Due to the timeliness of the thread started by Overalls the one hour re-direct should have been timely enough to be a traffic cop.
That makes sense.
Old 05-23-2007   #18
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Seems like you are instigating. Why not just tell him why it is moved and let it be over with? He just doesn't understand that's all, and a little clarification helps. It doesn't help at all to provoke it into something that it shouldn't develop into. Just my opinion, but I think we can all get along if we respect each other and not try to stir another's pot.

I have to agree.

Some of us TRY to think out where a thread goes (Texan's news sounds like Texan's news to me) and as silly as it sounds we , as posters, just want to know how we could be so messed up that we don't know the proper place for things. When there is no PM explaining why it was moved, we have to ask aloud because we don't know who moved it.
Old 05-23-2007   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
When there is no PM explaining why it was moved, we have to ask aloud because we don't know who moved it.
And there was an explanation provided (which provoked a follow up comment of I want it in the high traffic zone) when asked plus a redirect. I was going to let Shaft's instigating comment pass, but how is answering a question instigating anything?
Old 05-23-2007   #20
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Because the TexansTalk forum is for football talk and the Tailgate forum is for events, FYI's on shows, etc. Is there a reason it shouldn't have been?

Does this mean that "Danny Clark was just on 610 AM", "Green/ Simmons All Kinda Class" (same subject), "Shaub NFL Network", "Kubes on 610 AM right Now", and others will be moved??

I really don't think they need to be and I don't really want to sift through that when I want to see "Dante's Most Embarrassing Pics".

Last edited by Tedc; 05-23-2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Boldness
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read