Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-21-2007   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders

For those of us on the Bull Pen side of the stadium, the Texans are talking about redoing the Bull Pen Pub. They want fan feedback.

I know some of you come direct to the MB, and not to the front page, but I have an Ask TC blog post about this subject, and I would like for you to put the comments there, and not here.

Here's the link:

What's Up at the Bull Pen Pub?

Remember, you can't beyotch, if you are offered an opportunity for feedback and pass it up. They have someone new handling this stuff, and she seems very interested in making the fans happy--so it's important to say stuff about little things that are helpful, so that they might ask for our feedback on things that we care more about.
Old 05-21-2007   #2
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders

Is this the place between the bathrooms and the smoking area?

Not sure why this place is that important, with all my drinking the night before the game, drinking in the morning, eating during tailgating, the last thing I want to do is hang out at some pub. But then again, I don't make it to every game, so you guys probably have a different appreciation.

Still would like to know where this place is though...

I don't recall seeing it, but usually only one eye is working when I am in Reliant, and that is fuzzy at best.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Is this the place between the bathrooms and the smoking area?

Not sure why this place is that important, with all my drinking the night before the game, drinking in the morning, eating during tailgating, the last thing I want to do is hang out at some pub. But then again, I don't make it to every game, so you guys probably have a different appreciation.

Still would like to know where this place is though...

I don't recall seeing it, but usually only one eye is working when I am in Reliant, and that is fuzzy at best.
It is relatively new. And it is where you said. Last year, they added a small shack sort of thing and have different beers available back there.

For those of us who don't drink much, but like to drink quality, it was worth checking out. But there isn't much there, so it isn't much of a place to hang out. Maybe if there was something cool there, it could be a meet up place for folks coming from different tailages.
Old 05-22-2007   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders

Positives: Selection of beer, pictures on the wall
Negatives: Selection of beer, and, ummmm, it's really just a concession window

If they want to have a "Bullpen Pub," they need to make a "pub." Mark off an area, slide some tables and chairs together, add servers, and make the bar bigger (stretch it out and add more beer selection and bartenders)...for starters.

Food would also be nice there. Right now, it's honestly a concession window with a tiny shack built around it, IMO.

If something in the NFL or TABC laws prevent actual servers, then they really need to make the bar a lot bigger with more taps and bartenders.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I wrote a whole list of possible upgrades after logging into the front page on the blog. Hit enter and it dissapeared somewhere.

I just wish it would at least rival the "south side's" bar area. It actually needs to be better than the Cantina.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I asked for some dancin girls, but alas they won't comply.....
Old 05-22-2007   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Positives: Selection of beer, pictures on the wall
Negatives: Selection of beer, and, ummmm, it's really just a concession window

If they want to have a "Bullpen Pub," they need to make a "pub." Mark off an area, slide some tables and chairs together, add servers, and make the bar bigger (stretch it out and add more beer selection and bartenders)...for starters.

Food would also be nice there. Right now, it's honestly a concession window with a tiny shack built around it, IMO.

If something in the NFL or TABC laws prevent actual servers, then they really need to make the bar a lot bigger with more taps and bartenders.
forgot to add in drop the price of the beers... or hell even have 1 dollar beers and 2 dollars you call its... that would be wonderful
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2007   #8
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
They have this at the stadium already...its called 'The Club Level'
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #9
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
They have this at the stadium already...its called 'The Club Level'

Nice!
Old 05-22-2007   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders

That's my $.02 if they want something that attracts people, and gets them to walk past the other stands to to hidden "Bullpen Pub."
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #11
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Discounted beer for Bull Pen members
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Discounted beer for Bull Pen members
Um no. That'll only quadruple our ticket prices to make up for lost revenue.

But if they can do it without raising, then yes.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Hey guys, I'm fixing to send the link to the Texans. Is it possible to cut and paste some of the good comments here for the original blog post???

I'd do it, but I think it has more pull if it comes from different folks.
Old 05-26-2007   #14
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hey guys, I'm fixing to send the link to the Texans. Is it possible to cut and paste some of the good comments here for the original blog post???

I'd do it, but I think it has more pull if it comes from different folks.
Feel free to use my quote!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
For those of us on the Bull Pen side of the stadium, the Texans are talking about redoing the Bull Pen Pub. They want fan feedback.

I know some of you come direct to the MB, and not to the front page, but I have an Ask TC blog post about this subject, and I would like for you to put the comments there, and not here.

Here's the link:

What's Up at the Bull Pen Pub?

Remember, you can't beyotch, if you are offered an opportunity for feedback and pass it up. They have someone new handling this stuff, and she seems very interested in making the fans happy--so it's important to say stuff about little things that are helpful, so that they might ask for our feedback on things that we care more about.
I'll tell you what. Closed captioning on all sides of the stadium should be done. Especially in the bullpen. I'm not a season ticket holder just yet but the bullpen has always been an area that I try to visit everytime I'm at the stadium. It's famous and a place that I'd want every visitor to remember.

The bullpen is supposed to be reowned for their thunder, i.e. LOUD FANS. It just immediately makes sense to caption whatever TVs they add into that section.

Yes, I'm a Deaf fan but I'm a beloved fan first and foremost. I love my Houston Texans. I just hope they hear my comments here. Caption the stadium. If not all but at least a fourth. Especially that 'LOUD' bullpen.

NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #16
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

You should come down to my endzone. We have good shade on sunny days and an awesome soundstage and bar area. SOUTHSIIIIIIIDE!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #17
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Adding my comment here, we hardly visit the pub anyways, so whatever direction they take it is good with me...

However, I don't see them dropping the price of beers for anyone, and in doing so, they would create a chaotic place for all the other areas on that level selling beer. It is a nice dream, but will never happen...

I do like the idea about "Closed Caption" for areas around the stadium, especially this year while we are screaming our heads off on the way to the Playoffs!!!
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #18
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see a whataburger very close to it!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read