Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-18-2007   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TC and tickets

Ok, I'll try to keep it simple. As some of you may know I'm Danish and live in Denmark. I do have a fairly strong connection to Texas, not just as a fan but because I've lived there for some time. This summer (in less than a month) I'll be bringing my girlfriend over for her first taste of the US and in particular Texas.

We'll start out renting a car in Washington DC, visit friends in Kentucky (there's a bluegrass festival too!!) and then head to Texas.

So, the question is, we'll be in Houston at the end of our travels, around 17/18 of july, will the TC's have started by then, and more importantly, what would I need to do in order to get tickets for this show? I went there last year, without the gf and without tickets, and got a taste of the thing, this year I would love to actually get in

So, when is TC, and what do I need to do in order to get 3 tickets for this mother-of-all-football-nerdy-extravaganza?

Last edited by Malloy; 05-18-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

IF there's TC on those dates, don't worry about tickets. We always have extras. Every year they pass them out at some sponsoring location. And the people at the locations never have any idea what is going on. The last few years, it has been 8 tickets per person per event. So most of us grab extras and pass them out to people.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Malloy, please bring a lot of Carlsberg with you!!

PLEASE!!
Old 05-21-2007   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TC and tickets

So you're saying that I should simply line up at the entrance to TC on the specific day and proclaim my intention to enter the TC and hordes of fans will run to my rescue ?
Old 05-21-2007   #5
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

when do they start to pass out the tickets?
Old 05-21-2007   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think you will miss it unless you are here the last week of July. TC usuallly starts the last few days of July and goes into the first couple of weeks in August. Of course, that might change this year, but, I doubt it since mini camp isn't until June. BUT, like Yankee said, if you are here tickets will not be a problem. Some of us diehards will make sure you get hooked up with some. I will be in NY for most of TC this year so I will give you mine. We'll just have to find a way to coordinate getting them to ya.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard that there may be less public training camp opportunities.

Training camp can be a little sketchy, because the public ones are cancelled if there is bad weather. I haven't heard how they are going to give out tickets this year.
Old 05-21-2007   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Thanks for your replies y'all, I'll get back to this thread once we know when TC is!
Old 05-21-2007   #9
real

Question about training camp: What time/days do they normally hold them?

I work M-F and would love to go, but I'm reluctant to take a sick/personal day to go to a practice...Do they ever have these things on the weekend or at night ?
Old 05-21-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

They've had some public TC's on Sunday mornings, IIRC. I have not been to one, yet (due to work scheduling conflicts), but hope to make it out there this year.
Old 05-21-2007   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Question about training camp: What time/days do they normally hold them?

I work M-F and would love to go, but I'm reluctant to take a sick/personal day to go to a practice...Do they ever have these things on the weekend or at night ?
Last year they had both morning and evening practices available.
Old 05-21-2007   #12
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Rumor was that last year Kubiack didn't want to have any public training camps.

But I do recall 1 or 2 that were on the weekends. Expect almost all the others to be during the workday. Maybe 1-3 of them in the weekday evenings.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #13
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Thanks for your replies y'all, I'll get back to this thread once we know when TC is!
Hey Malloy, are you sure you're Danish? You seem pretty Texan to me!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Hey Malloy, are you sure you're Danish? You seem pretty Texan to me!
That's what hooking up with a texan woman will do to you!

Got rid of her finally, but kept what really matters, Texas in my heart
Old 06-12-2007   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Bump.

Leaving for the US tomorrow, I'll stalk these boards on my travels, so if anyone knows of TC during the next 5 weeks, please post it here
Old 06-12-2007   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish they would put some kind of streaming video feed on the main site for people to watch. Standing in the July/August sun isn't my idea of a good time.
Old 06-30-2007   #17
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

DATES: July 27 Aug. 16, 2007

PARKING: FREE parking north of the Methodist Training Center off McNee St. (Purple Lot)

CAPACITY: Full capacity approximately 2,500 per practice session; Bleacher seating

TRAINING CAMP HOTLINE: Call (832) 667-2007 for up-to-date practice information/player autograph schedule, etc.

Free tickets are distributed through Wachovia Financial Centers
Limit 6 tickets per person
These open practices give fans a chance to watch practice and get their first view of the 2007 Houston Texans football team. Fans have the opportunity to participate in sponsor-related interactive areas throughout the practices.
Gates open at 7:30 a.m. for morning practices, 2:30 p.m. for afternoon practices and 6:15 p.m. for evening practices.
Open practice schedule:

Saturday July 28 8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sunday July 29 8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Thursday Aug. 2 7:15 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.
Saturday Aug. 4 8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Wednesday Aug.15 7:15 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.

*Texans autographs will be available following practice pending team schedule.

Tickets are FREE and available through Wachovia Financial Centers for open practices beginning Monday, July 16.
Fans can find the Wachovia location nearest them by clicking here and entering their zip code. (full list of locations)
In case of rain, then that specific practice is NOT open to the public, but the fans will be able to redeem their tickets at any of the remaining scheduled open practice dates
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #18
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Thank you for the info!!!!!!!!

Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #19
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready for some TC NOW!!!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: TC and tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
I'm ready for some TC NOW!!!
I caught our mini camp on NFL Network, what a tease! (BTW, we need NFL HD!!!!)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read