Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-19-2007   #1
Bradster592
Now In Canada!

Rep Power: 9 Bradster592 is a Pro BowlerBradster592 is a Pro Bowler
Default Play-offs, or no games for me this season.

A combination of no spare money, steep prices and a dial-up connection means that I'll not be seeing any Texans games this year.

Guess I'll have to hang out here more than usual. And read about games I've missed and you all saw live...............could anything suck worse.

My only chance of the Texans getting any air-time over here is a play-off run.so, here's hoping.

**** me, I'm ****ing unbelievably depressed. So much so that I'm tempted to just forget trying to follow a specific team and just be greatful I can see some football at all. Even if it is two whole games a week, and in the middle of the night.

Still, on the bright side......oh, there ****ing isn't one. Bummer.

Bradster592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

do you have sky?? they always show us at least once and maybe more this year with schaub etc...

lol ive dial-up too but its not so bad.. i actually like folllowing the game threads here and the nfl.com gamecenter...
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you able to go to an internet cafe? Most of the ones I frequented in Europe were broadband. If so you can try this next year, if they are still providing the service - http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass

If dollars wind up not being an issue and you have family/friend in the US and they get the NFL Sunday Ticket through DirecTV you may want to purchase a Sling Box. http://www.slingmedia.com/indexa.php

Turn that frown upside down by making it happen. You do not want to miss this year.

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 05-19-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just move to Houston Brad!! J/K

There's always a game day thread going on for those who cannot attend the games. I've gone back after a long day at Reliant and read some of those threads and wondered how in the heck I missed so much stuff that went on. These guys are our online commentators, and they do a great job!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I was going to suggest that you go to a tavern over there but you did mention that money was tight. I don't know how expensive it is for you to acquire services but it certainly couldn't be more than my bar tab for one evening.

I like to have my fun when I do go out!

I have to absolutely echo Kaiser Toro here. You just do not want to miss this season. MAKE IT HAPPEN! I'm so psyched!
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I know how you feel, I didn't catch a game live all year. Usually there's a live audio stream of the game and I just listened to that all year, so you could atleast do that. It could be worse...
Old 05-19-2007   #7
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

I felt your pain from across the pond. I followed an English football club for several years through magazines and occasional tapes a friend would send me before they got on TV here. I had to buy a VCR that could play PAL, but it just wasn't the same watching a match two weeks after it happened. That was also before message boards.

I got rid of the VCR, but if you can play NTSC, I'd be willing to copy some games for you if you just cover the cost of the tapes and shipping. I have no idea what that would cost though.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2007   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
I felt your pain from across the pond. I followed an English football club for several years through magazines and occasional tapes a friend would send me before they got on TV here. I had to buy a VCR that could play PAL, but it just wasn't the same watching a match two weeks after it happened. That was also before message boards.

I got rid of the VCR, but if you can play NTSC, I'd be willing to copy some games for you if you just cover the cost of the tapes and shipping. I have no idea what that would cost though.
About $7.10 via airmail (takes 4 to 7 days) and about $2.50 via surface mail (takes 4 to 6 weeks). Surface mail would kill this fan waiting to watch a game 4 to 6 weeks later.

Heh. I used to sell VHS tapes on eBay on the side and regularly shipped overseas.

Either way, the best way to do this would be if this was recorded via DVD and set to whatever region his player plays. VHS tapes are rapidly becoming obsolete. RAPIDLY!
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
About $7.10 via airmail (takes 4 to 7 days) and about $2.50 via surface mail (takes 4 to 6 weeks). Surface mail would kill this fan waiting to watch a game 4 to 6 weeks later.

Heh. I used to sell VHS tapes on eBay on the side and regularly shipped overseas.

Either way, the best way to do this would be if this was recorded via DVD and set to whatever region his player plays. VHS tapes are rapidly becoming obsolete. RAPIDLY!
Not many have a dvd recorded that can hook up to the tv. I can hook my tv up to my computer but I do not have a dvd recorder. Got almost everything else though.
Old 05-19-2007   #10
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Not many have a dvd recorded that can hook up to the tv. I can hook my tv up to my computer but I do not have a dvd recorder. Got almost everything else though.
I'm not real good at this so try to understand, I'm just trying to help the guy. I have a DVD recorder and I have a DVD player/recorder in my computer. Is it possible for me to transfer it to a file and just e-mail him an attachment?

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #11
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

I thought about that myself, but a lot of e-mail systems have limits on the size of attachments you can send, as I recently found out to my frustration. A 2-3 hr recording would be about 4-5 gigabytes or more in standard resolution. If you converted it to a more compressed format like say DivX, you could get it down to about a gigabyte. But you'd have to split the file up into multiple segments. That would be still be a hell of a lot of e-mails.

Yeah, DVD is the way to go, but I'm waiting for the next generation of digital tuner recorders to come out.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
I'm not real good at this so try to understand, I'm just trying to help the guy. I have a DVD recorder and I have a DVD player/recorder in my computer. Is it possible for me to transfer it to a file and just e-mail him an attachment?
The file would be to large to email. At least I would think it would be, because he has dial-up.

It sounds like you have good set ups, I do have an idea I will PM you because I am not sure I should post it.
Old 05-19-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

you guys need to look into tvu....I saw a bunch of streaming games last season that wasn't in our area thanks to tvu.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
you guys need to look into tvu
what is that.
Old 05-19-2007   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

someone uploads the game and it streams over a tvu player (peer to peer networking)....just search it on google if you want to learn more about it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #16
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot about that Vinny. They say it's not bad at all!

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read