Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-11-2007   #61
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I guess selling out every single game has nothing to do with, typical titans fan, ignore facts just so you can act like jerk. Typical.
Atypical actually.

Ignoring facts,not reading the post.

Bud:I want a new stadium.

Houston: No way,we're still paying for those luxury boxes & you took away our scoreboard.

Bud:Well then I'm leaving.

Houston:Good riddance.

Time marches on with no football.

Houston:what do we need to get a new football team?

NFL: A new stadium.

Houston: Oh snap

Now that's a sell out
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
You have to hand it to Bud though, he sure knows how to push Houston fans buttons.

Drafting Young after Houston chose not to was a genius move.
Not MINE!

Maybe you want to claim the Genius Award over Bud, thinking it well deserving, well yeah I give you both that, great men think alike.. and I will also sing you a lullaby... wait, you both been singing to yourself.

pulling out one the oldest trick in the world and proclaiming it genius, WOW, I never thought that BUTTON can ever be of use since highschool. That is pure genius, what else can I say.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Atypical actually.

Houston: No way,we're still paying for those luxury boxes & you took away our scoreboard.

Now that's a sell out
NO HOSTAGE!
Old 05-11-2007   #64
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Not MINE!

Maybe you want to claim the Genius Award over Bud, thinking it well deserving, well yeah I give you both that, great men think alike.. and I will also sing you a lullaby... wait, you both been singing to yourself.

pulling out one the oldest trick in the world and proclaiming it genius, WOW, I never thought that BUTTON can ever be of use since highschool. That is pure genius, what else can I say.
I never made it to high school.
Old 05-11-2007   #65
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Atypical actually.

Now that's a sell out
The people of Houston were asked to build a new stadium after a 2-14 season . That was the line drawn in the sand .... most folks said and would still say good riddance .

I think the Oilers used the #3 pick on Mcnair because Carolina and Jacksonville had 1 and 2 . Carolina traded said pick to the Bengals to draft Kijana Carter . Anyway this was the Titans good fortune because he along with Eddie George were the real deal .

Anyway in the 80's Bud had a loaded team with an accountant for a GM and a coach who left tickets for Elvis at games . If Bud had a football guy in place as the GM ... the Oilers might have won a SB .

The Titan fans will find out soon enough when Bud stars meddling again .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #66
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

Anyway in the 80's Bud had a loaded team with an accountant for a GM and a coach who left tickets for Elvis at games . If Bud had a football guy in place as the GM ... the Oilers might have won a SB .
Very true Earl.

His worst meddling was the Bum Phillips years.
Old 05-11-2007   #67
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Holovak was one of the great football talent scouts of my time....Bud had an excellent "football guy" in Holovak till he retired.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #68
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Very true Earl.

His worst meddling was the Bum Phillips years.
He let Herzeg talk him into firing Bum and hiring Ed Biles . The team started thr downhill spiral right there .

It's deeper than that though because I think Bum was feeling pressure from Lad and traded #1 picks for washed up vets because he had to win now . So they became a bad team that was old and no picks . I think one year there first pick of the draft was Mike Stensrud in the 3rd round .

Round Dan
Old 05-11-2007   #69
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Mike Holovak was one of the great football talent scouts of my time....Bud had an excellent "football guy" in Holovak till he retired.
Holovak was great and he built that team . It's when Herzeg took over that the poop hit the fan .

Round Dan
Old 05-11-2007   #70
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Bedtime.

1am here.

Old 05-11-2007   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
He won't even live there because he knows it is just some backwoods hick city full of inbreads.
if you are going to insult people via geography, you may want to type inbred correctly so you don't look bad (unless you meant that they lived in loaves of whole wheat bread). I lived in Nashville for two years and found the City very cosmopolitan and with lots of new money and much more progressive than I ever imagined...but I had to live there to experience this...one of my favorite cities in the USA, and I've lived all over the states.

Old 05-11-2007   #72
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if you are going to insult people via geography, you may want to type inbred correctly so you don't look bad (unless you meant that they lived in loaves of whole wheat bread). I lived in Nashville for two years and found the City very cosmopolitan and with lots of new money and much more progressive than I ever imagined...but I had to live there to experience this...one of my favorite cities in the USA, and I've lived all over the states.
I have family there. It is nice, but isn't cosmopolitan. With an area population of barely over one million, it is not that big of a surprise. You go ten miles south of Downtown, and you are almost in the country.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #73
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I have family there. It is nice, but isn't cosmopolitan. With an area population of barely over one million, it is not that big of a surprise. You go ten miles south of Downtown, and you are almost in the country.
Ten miles south of downtown is Brentwood....a very nice, upscale subdivision.

I lived there for two years and didn't miss anything "city"...and I've lived in Houston, LA, and right outside of Boston. We have a higher "redneck factor" (nothing against rednecks....half my family are comprised of 'necks) here in Houston.

Old 05-11-2007   #74
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ten miles south of downtown is Brentwood....a very nice, upscale subdivision.

I lived there for two years and didn't miss anything "city"...and I've lived in Houston, LA, and right outside of Boston. We have a higher "redneck factor" (nothing against rednecks....half my family are comprised of 'necks) here in Houston.
Yeah I know. That is where the mountains are. I may have exagerrated a tad. but I have family down that way, it feels rural.

Can't believe you cannot tell the difference in "city" between the cities you have lived in. LA eats Nashville for lunch. Houston? Same thing. I like the diversity and stuff in the major American cities more than the mid-sized ones (Nashville, San Antonio, etc.).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #75
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I may not think that ridiculous traffic and oppressive smog are things that make a town cosmopolitan (I really meant that it was much more cosmopolitan than I perceived before I lived there - not that it's just like Houston or LA). I went to NFL games, saw NHL games, saw big time SEC football every weekend....saw outstanding live entertainment...Nashville radio was outstanding as the rock scene was not on the back burner like I thought it would be (due to the huge country music scene) before I lived there. I didn't miss much living in Goodlettsville (about 15 mins north of the stadium) for a couple of years....would love to move back if I had the right job.

Old 05-11-2007   #76
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I like Tennessee ... I think it has a certain charm to it . I don't like deep south culture in some places .

A big city like Houston , LA , Philly are going to be much more aggressive ... faster if you will . The older I get the more I don't like that .

Round Dan
Old 05-11-2007   #77
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

See deep in your heart you love the Titans. They are not your favorite sibling and you have fought on occasion but they are sill your big brother.

You didn't chose the Texans the Texans chose you!

With Young now on the Titans it's time to forgive and forget. Oiler fans, you are welcome to bring your tenacity back to the true Luv Ya' Blue. We understand why you were hurt and we welcome you back no questions asked.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #78
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if you are going to insult people via geography, you may want to type inbred correctly so you don't look bad.
Sorry for my misspelling Vinny. I am not as familiar with the mating habits of the Appalachian folk as some seem to be here. I would read up on it but I really don't care to be more knowledgable on the subject. Feel free to carry on though.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #79
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
See deep in your heart you love the Titans. They are not your favorite sibling and you have fought on occasion but they are sill your big brother.

You didn't chose the Texans the Texans chose you!

With Young now on the Titans it's time to forgive and forget. Oiler fans, you are welcome to bring your tenacity back to the true Luv Ya' Blue. We understand why you were hurt and we welcome you back no questions asked.
If you understood you would not even type the statement. No self respecting Texan could ever root for that turncoat team.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007   #80
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I never made it to high school.
no comment!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read