Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2007   #1
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default Looking for tickets to the All Access

Does anyone have 4 extra tickets to the All Access, willing to buy if you have them, so I can take the family......thanks
Old 04-26-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't even seen them show up, yet. Has the Texans sent them out already?
Old 04-26-2007   #3
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS View Post
Does anyone have 4 extra tickets to the All Access, willing to buy if you have them, so I can take the family......thanks
I can't go (DFW wedding to attend), so I'll have 2 "extra" for sure. PM me w/ your mailing info.
Old 05-03-2007   #4
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If anybody has a couple of extra or so passes for this event please PM me. There are some kids I would like to take. Kids that would never get to go to anything like this otherwise.

I'd even be willing to pay you for your trouble if need be.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, the Texans are being stingy with them this year. I had to beg for an extra one so I can bring my boy.
Old 05-03-2007   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you get these passes? Are they reserved just for the season ticket holders? I'm not a holder yet. I'd LOVE to go.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
How do you get these passes? Are they reserved just for the season ticket holders? I'm not a holder yet. I'd LOVE to go.
They are reserved for season ticket holders and we can only get as many passes as we have season tickets. I believe they gave them out to people on the season ticket waiting list last year--you might be able to contact them to get a pass--you never know--sometimes they are cool giving out stuff like this and sometimes not.
Old 05-04-2007   #8
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they only wind up in season ticket holders hands. The lines are so long, it's hardly worth waiting in them, especially since you don't know who is signing in which lines.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
I hope they only wind up in season ticket holders hands. The lines are so long, it's hardly worth waiting in them, especially since you don't know who is signing in which lines.
If they're giving out just a certain number of tickets (which is how I understand this to be), what does it matter who gets these tickets? Just because I didn't have a 1,000 dollars to shell out doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. That's how I'm interpreting your post. It seems like you're calling people who don't have season tickets 'bandwagon' people. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

For what it's worth, I'm on the waiting list now (got my degree and make a little more money now) but I've always been a huge fan. From day one. I have a dream and that's to someday sit in the bullpen or in the great seats or be one of those guys who are nuts and end up becoming a staple of the community. It's not going to happen for years but I'll never relent on that dream. Nosebleeds it has to be.

Old 05-04-2007   #10
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

NitroHonda,

I don't wish to speak for Bull Pen 1, but since I feel similiar I want to speak on it.

I too hope that it is only for season tickets holders. Shoot I need an extra perk for paying those thousands of dollars. The Houston Texans in my opinion need to do more things for their season ticket holders. The average person would wonder why even purchase PSL's or season tickets if there is not an added bonus than just buying single ticket games....

But anyways I love the Texans and will continue to shell out the money regardless. But extras would be nice.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
NitroHonda,

I don't wish to speak for Bull Pen 1, but since I feel similiar I want to speak on it.

I too hope that it is only for season tickets holders. Shoot I need an extra perk for paying those thousands of dollars. The Houston Texans in my opinion need to do more things for their season ticket holders. The average person would wonder why even purchase PSL's or season tickets if there is not an added bonus than just buying single ticket games....

But anyways I love the Texans and will continue to shell out the money regardless. But extras would be nice.
I APPRECIATE THE RESPONSE and would hope more people do. This is something that I'd like to discuss somewhat. At least become more informed on the subject.

The problem though that I see is that I'm on the waiting list now. The Texans have monopolized the ticket market. I don't know the numbers but I heard that like 60,000+ fans are season ticket holders which means EVERYONE virtually. All you're paying for is the right to reserve tickets as a season ticket holder. Anything else the Texans give you is a fringe benefit that's unavailable to the general public, i.e. the 10,000 fans (IF THAT MANY) who are lucky enough to score some tickets in a city full of Texans fans.

There's a waiting list. It's a long one, too. Only way I've been able to get my tickets over the last few years was to go to a ticket broker and grossly overpay for a single game. Couldn't afford to pay for 8 games but I could afford to pay for 2 which indicentially would be the price of one game via the broker.I guess it feels like every game is a playoff game when it comes to paying the price if you're not a season ticket holder. You just have to be lucky or grossly overspend. I think there's something wrong there.

I could be wrong on everything that I've said. Again, I'm here to become more informed.

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 05-04-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2007   #12
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I APPRECIATE THE RESPONSE and would hope more people do. This is something that I'd like to discuss somewhat. At least become more informed on the subject.

The problem though that I see is that I'm on the waiting list now. The Texans have monopolized the ticket market. I don't know the numbers but I heard that like 60,000+ fans are season ticket holders which means EVERYONE virtually. All you're paying for is the right to reserve tickets as a season ticket holder. Anything else the Texans give you is a fringe benefit that's unavailable to the general public, i.e. the 10,000 fans (IF THAT MANY) who are lucky enough to score some tickets in a city full of Texans fans.

There's a waiting list. It's a long one, too. Only way I've been able to get my tickets over the last few years was to go to a ticket broker and grossly overpay for a single game. Couldn't afford to pay for 8 games but I could afford to pay for 2 which indicentially would be the price of one game via the broker.I guess it feels like every game is a playoff game when it comes to paying the price if you're not a season ticket holder. You just have to be lucky or grossly overspend. I think there's something wrong there.

I could be wrong on everything that I've said. Again, I'm here to become more informed.
Actually, with the suckitude of our team recently, you can get PSLs off the secondhand market for usually face value now (unlike me, who paid a 400% premium for his Bullpen PSLs doh). Try looking around and see what you can find.

Heck, if you'd like to sit in the Bullpen, I'd be willing to help you out with that, giving you the tickets at cost nonetheless. You'd just have to promise me that you'd be LOUD ALL THE TIME (well, not when we're on offense, but you get the point).

If you're actually interested, PM me.

But...back to the subject at hand. PSL's really aren't that hard to obtain, so it might not even really be worth it to be on the season ticket holder's list.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

NitroHonda - We (the existing Season Ticket Holders) feel your pain, but we do want "some" value on our investment.

The "All Access" event just started last year...the story I've heard is that it was an idea brought over from Denver. It helps remind the loyal Season-Ticket holders that there are actually "perks" once in awhile. The lines were extremely long last year, and the placement seemed pretty random. While you may have gotten lucky and got the sig. of someone like Mario Williams or DeMeco Ryans, you might just as likely been stuck in a line for somebody on the Practice Squad (or worse).

Remember, we also get the privilege of paying full-price for pre-season games. There's no diff. in cost between a first week pre-season game OR a week 17 playoff-decider in terms of game ticket & parking pass.

I've got no trouble "giving back" (see above), if there's something I can't put to use due to scheduling. However, I spent the time & $$$ to become an original PSL / Season-Ticket holder, I'm not gonna feel too guilty about having benefits that the General Public doesn't.
Old 05-04-2007   #14
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Thanks

I guess this is all payback for being a chronic hijacker? LOL

If anyone would like to send a kid along for the ride please know thats exactly what your tix would go to. All would be from single moms who will prolly appreciate the free daycare as I know at least one has to work Saturdays.

I am gonna hit the breakfast buffet with them on the way out, too. I hope I get to take as many as I can stuff in Ma's soccer sled.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2007   #15
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If they're giving out just a certain number of tickets (which is how I understand this to be), what does it matter who gets these tickets? Just because I didn't have a 1,000 dollars to shell out doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. That's how I'm interpreting your post. It seems like you're calling people who don't have season tickets 'bandwagon' people. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

For what it's worth, I'm on the waiting list now (got my degree and make a little more money now) but I've always been a huge fan. From day one. I have a dream and that's to someday sit in the bullpen or in the great seats or be one of those guys who are nuts and end up becoming a staple of the community. It's not going to happen for years but I'll never relent on that dream. Nosebleeds it has to be.

I'm not saying I'm a better fan than you are, all I said was these (this event) tickets are for season ticket holders. It the choice of the season ticket holders wheather are not to attend.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda
Nosebleeds it has to be.
Nosebleeds aren't so bad, bro'. I've had a season ticket since the beginning, first in 600s and now in the 500s. They are non-PSL seats, too. You can see the game going both ways from the 500 endzones (sort of like a Madden view, I figure).

Us mountain goat herders make some noise up top, well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
While you may have gotten lucky and got the sig. of someone like Mario Williams or DeMeco Ryans, you might just as likely been stuck in a line for somebody on the Practice Squad (or worse).
We were in one of the regular lines when they traded out players and were fortunate enough to get DeMeco's autograph. He was "only" the 2nd round pick, so most folks didn't pay him much attention. I have little doubt, though, that he'll be one of the longer lines this time around.

Our picture with Bull Pen 1 at All Access 2006:

Old 05-05-2007   #17
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Nosebleeds aren't so bad, bro'. I've had a season ticket since the beginning, first in 600s and now in the 500s. They are non-PSL seats, too. You can see the game going both ways from the 500 endzones (sort of like a Madden view, I figure).

Us mountain goat herders make some noise up top, well!!
Ditto DB!

I have been a loyal section 500 occupant since year 2, hubby has had 500s seats since day 1. It is great to sit in the NEZ because you can sit and watch the plays develop....its pretty cool. Someones, we sneak down to the Bullpen and hurrah with BullPen1 and the gang.

We can bring it as loud as any other part of the stadium.

If we have any extra tix.....you got 'em Tailgater. Thats just too cool what you are doing with the kids....you usually roll with extras to sporting events don't you? I know you do to the Copperheads.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS, I'm asking all my season ticket buddies if they plan on going, and I've got a couple of 'not sures'. I've asked them to let me know if they can't make it, and if I can get extra passes, I'll let you know asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Someones, we sneak down to the Bullpen and hurrah with BullPen1 and the gang.
That's awesome.

I'm going to have to pay a visit to the Bull Pen next year. It would be cool to meet some of the rabid fans that I've gotten to know from the boards.
Old 05-05-2007   #19
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Someones, we sneak down to the Bullpen and hurrah with BullPen1 and the gang.

Rut roh, thought I got that typo fixed. Oh well.

Maybe us posters should meet in a predetermined tailgating area at Reliant....kind of like last year. Would be nice to have more than a handful of Blue Crew and us FILOites to chatter at (not that there is anything wrong with the usual). Anyone know the particulars for parking this year?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #20
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I'm going to have to pay a visit to the Bull Pen next year. It would be cool to meet some of the rabid fans that I've gotten to know from the boards.
From one hardhead to another, it would be great to have you there!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read