Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-30-2007   #21
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default Re: D.D. Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
A little birdie told me Morlon may be cut....
But if you all don't know my feelings towards Morlons play, I'll let them be known now...

The guy is borderline terrible...
i think your sentiment is shared by many of us. borderline terrible + vastly overpaid? wonderful combination. this interest in all these LB's certainly puts SOME validity into greenwood being a June 1 cut. i doubt barber and clark would have come here unless they knew they would be getting some solid PT. i'd think lewis would feel the same.
Old 03-30-2007   #22
TheBestForTheTexans
Rookie

I'm all for adding more depth and options at LB, not to mention bringing in a good guy that I graduated high school with here in Houston.

NFL LB, not bad for our star FB.
TheBestForTheTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #23
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

DD Lewis is one of my best friends cousins, and his family lives around here, I am almost positive he is going to sign becuase of inside information I have. He was part of the seahawks defense for the past 5 years or so and played for texas....so he has played in plenty of big games, I think he would be a great addition.
Old 03-30-2007   #24
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
DD Lewis is one of my best friends cousins, and his family lives around here, I am almost positive he is going to sign becuase of inside information I have. He was part of the seahawks defense for the past 5 years or so and played for texas....so he has played in plenty of big games, I think he would be a great addition.
I think I read that he played in a SB which if true should be helpful.
Old 03-30-2007   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

hes going to have to fight roc alexander for #28

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #26
Rightnow
Veteran

According to McClain on 610 last night, the Texans want more speed at the LB position. I don't know how much speed some of these veterans are bringing, but I at least it increases the competition.
Old 03-30-2007   #27
Sco-tai
Veteran

Someone on this board made the VERY wise comment just last week or so (and I've heard this before)...any time you have a LOT of something...that means you don't have enough (quality).

Great example....look at ALL of the WR's that the Patriots have on their roster at present. It's freakin INSANE! I mean.........9 WR'S even BEFORE the draft! hahaha WOW!

15 Kelley Washington WR 6-3 218 8/21/1979
13 Bam Childress WR 5-10 185 3/31/1982
Donte Stallworth WR 6-0 196 11/10/1980
87 Reche Caldwell WR 6-0 210 3/28/1979
83 Wes Welker WR 5-9 185 5/1/1981
17 Chad Jackson WR 6-1 215 3/6/1985
10 Jabar Gaffney WR 6-1 205 12/1/1980
19 Kelvin Kight WR 6-0 213 7/2/1982
81 Jonathan Smith WR 5-10 194 11/28/1981

With all of the LB's were bringing in....that tells me....we aren't sure about any of them (or atleast not any particular 3). We did the same last year...and that was BEFORE we knew what kind of immediate impact RYANS could/would have.

I'm not complaining....I'm fine with finding the 2 most suitable stop-gaps for 2007. But let's understand that whether it's DD Lewis, Clark or whomever (wait...did I just say LEWIS & CLARK...haha), we'll need to get another RYANS-CALIBER guy in 2008 since 2007 appears to be more WR & DB and Line (both) focused).

Did I mention I still would like to see us draft a freaking kicker. hahah

We resigned Stanley....again. McNair must be his uncle or something.
Old 03-30-2007   #28
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Greenwood seems lost at times...hell most of our LB's are lost half the time.

Last edited by YellerLotYeller; 03-30-2007 at 10:36 AM.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

we had a seriously bad linebacker problem after DeMeco last year so none of this surprises me a bit.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we had a seriously bad linebacker problem after DeMeco last year so none of this surprises me a bit.
agreed. it also shows LB's are easier to aquire via free agency than other positions like cb/ot/de so they can focus on these in the draft

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #31
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

D.D. Lewis when he was at UT seemed like Derrick Johnson before Derrick Johnson...dude was nice back in the day...(back in the day was like, 2001...lol)...but yeah, he was a tackling machine then...problem was some games he'd have a rough go at it if the O-Line had great run blocking...(Like the Colorado game in 01...big 12 title game).

He'd be a great addition, and if xTRx's "birdie" is right...damn, Rickizzle is gettin rid of ALL Casserly's mistakes....in 2008, I guarantee yall, look for TJ to be on the chopping block in 08.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #32
jopatmc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
D.D. Lewis when he was at UT seemed like Derrick Johnson before Derrick Johnson...dude was nice back in the day...(back in the day was like, 2001...lol)...but yeah, he was a tackling machine then...problem was some games he'd have a rough go at it if the O-Line had great run blocking...(Like the Colorado game in 01...big 12 title game).

He'd be a great addition, and if xTRx's "birdie" is right...damn, Rickizzle is gettin rid of ALL Casserly's mistakes....in 2008, I guarantee yall, look for TJ to be on the chopping block in 08.
I think we should trade him now. Draft Okoye and trade TJ for either a pick or DB, OL.
jopatmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #33
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well i think morlon has the talent to be good but i don't think his talents really translate to the field as well as casserly and capers thought it would...remember when he was in miami he seemed to be a solid LB but i think we're seeing that his production was due to teams running away from zach thomas

with the guys we are bringing in like danny clark, shawn barber, and now dd lewis to force greenwood and wong to compete
Old 03-30-2007   #34
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
borderline terrible + vastly overpaid? wonderful combination.
Sincerely,

Charlie Casserly.
Old 03-30-2007   #35
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
D.D. Lewis when he was at UT seemed like Derrick Johnson before Derrick Johnson...dude was nice back in the day....but yeah, he was a tackling machine then...problem was some games he'd have a rough go at it if the O-Line had great run blocking...(Like the Colorado game in 01...big 12 title game).
very true
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #36
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

lewis signed with denver (suprised)
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0407/418375.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read