Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the Texans draft pick of Okoye?
Yes 114 94.21%
No 7 5.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2007   #61
tbell ncsu
Rookie

well, the front seven is going to be formidable for years to come. however, i don't know what to think about a 19-year old kid going up against 30 year-old men. okoye is all about the upside. i can't imagine he will be starting next season, but i expect that he'll get plenty of playing opportunity to help him build experience. i would've taken someone else, at any position, he could make an immediate impact. for example, i think upgrading the offensive line should've taken precedence in the first round. then, pick up any one of the several solid defensive tackles in the 2nd round who could contribute immediately.

either way, it's nice of y'all to get mario some help. a d-line (and o-line too) has to be a total package. you can't plug even a julius peppers into any line and expect him to be as dominate as he is now with the panthers.

Last edited by tbell ncsu; 04-29-2007 at 06:31 PM.
tbell ncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #62
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

If we were going best D player available, I would rather have had Willis myself. Move him or DeMeco to the outside.

I think Okoye can develope into a beast, but in most systems, a DTs role is pretty much to be nothing but a space eater. Spending a high pick on a DT seems kind of a reach if you go that way. Marcus Thomas or Mebane could fill that role with value.

I kind of wish we would switch back to the 3-4. To me, Mario and Okoye would both be great 3-4 DEs.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #63
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This was tough for me. I like him as a player, but as a team we had bigger needs. I voted no, but am still psyched to see this killer line.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read