Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-19-2007   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
I know some of you guys hate the Titans and probably won't give me any credit for saying this but I will say it.

Remember, The Titans picked Vince Young. Vince Young didn't pick the Titans. From what I've read, Vince Young said a long time ago, that he wanted to play for the Texans. It's not Vince Young's fault that he isn't with your team. I know you want him to fail but surely you can give the guy some credit. Vince has amazing work ethic that one can admire. He wants to win and when he loses, he really takes the loss hard.

I can't believe that some people want to give Pacman Jones all the credit. That is crazy! It takes a team to win and one player can't win the game alone.
I hear what you are saying about the Titans picking him and not the other way around. But, he did pick TU...

I don't give Pac-man ALL of the credit... Baronis did kick a 60 yarder.

Unfortunately, there are too many posters that really beleive Vince does walk on water and go as far as to give him all of the credit for the 8-8 season that the Titans enjoyed last year - conversely the way HWSRN was solely blamed for ALL of the Texans losses....
Old 04-19-2007   #82
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
Here is the real cover. I love the columbia blue pants with the alternate jersey. It's a pretty good look but it's not my favorite. I've uploaded a youtube video for you to see. It's Madden 07 gameplay. Very cool.
LOL. at the Columbia blue reference... It was Columbia blue with the Houston Oilers... Now its "powder blue"
Old 04-19-2007   #83
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan_Bill

click link to puke
Old 04-19-2007   #84
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I through up in my mouth........... lol..

Really? Titans are marketing the Luv Ya Blue! slogan??? *edit* Bud Adams is absolutely pathetic.
Old 04-19-2007   #85
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

well, it's under the heading "novelty - classics"...
I'd buy one. I'd wear an Oil Derrick throwback too.

The team has a rich history. I don't see anything wrong with marketing items from a bygone era. There are plenty of folks who stuck with the Oilers-Titans through it all... even living in Texas... even big time University of Texas fans who weren't too high at all on the Titans now are back because of Vince Young and a sense of idenity with the past; the Oilers era I mean. I can understand your feelings or the feelings of most any average Texan fan. As a season ticket holder myself I'd be furious if my team up and left. For what it's worth I'm pleased with the way things have shook out. I'm glad the Titans have a winning record against the Texans but over the next 10-20 years I'd like to see the Titans and Texans at the top of the division... both clubs making trips to the post season. I'd really like to see Texans-Titans be on par with other great divison rivalries around the league. The Titans haven't done anything in a while and the Texans, well, let's just face it. They never have done much of anything... (they've had their moments)...

I know something was really done to cement the rivalry with the passing on Young and the former Oilers snapping him up. (at the insistance of the Owner, no less)... Bud Adams pretty much fired our GM over Vince Young. That's funny to me. If Vince Young was at any other school outside of Texas I'm sure he wouldn't have been picked at #3. He would have slid just like Leinart. He might have gone to Oakland but I doubt it. What really boggles my mind though is after all the fuss about how Carr was hot $#!t he got thrown out on his arse like a two dollar hooker! I'd fear Vince Young in the coming years. I'd fear him more than Manning. I don't know about sophmore jinxes and Madden curses in regards to Young. Sounds like alot of hooey. I just know that come his fourth and fifth year he will be an absolute beast once the Titans get their ducks in a row. Get him some weapons... get a defense that can manage to stay off the feild. The offseason is entirely too long sometimes. I'd like to see some football.
Old 04-19-2007   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Knowing Bud they we do, its all about the money.. If he can make a buck by marketing the "classic" logo - he will and thats fine. Thats business.

BUT please, lets not for a second spin it that Bud is interested in a 10 year old Titan fan becoming a fan of the franchises history... He could care less if they know who the likes of Billy Cannon, George Blanda, Elvin Bethea, etc., etc., etc., etc. are....
Old 04-19-2007   #87
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The team has a rich history. I don't see anything wrong with marketing items from a bygone era. There are plenty of folks who stuck with the Oilers-Titans through it all... even living in Texas... even big time University of Texas fans who weren't too high at all on the Titans now are back because of Vince Young and a sense of idenity with the past; the Oilers era I mean. I can understand your feelings or the feelings of most any average Texan fan. As a season ticket holder myself I'd be furious if my team up and left. For what it's worth I'm pleased with the way things have shook out. I'm glad the Titans have a winning record against the Texans but over the next 10-20 years I'd like to see the Titans and Texans at the top of the division... both clubs making trips to the post season. I'd really like to see Texans-Titans be on par with other great divison rivalries around the league. The Titans haven't done anything in a while and the Texans, well, let's just face it. They never have done much of anything... (they've had their moments)...

I know something was really done to cement the rivalry with the passing on Young and the former Oilers snapping him up. (at the insistance of the Owner, no less)... Bud Adams pretty much fired our GM over Vince Young. That's funny to me. If Vince Young was at any other school outside of Texas I'm sure he wouldn't have been picked at #3. He would have slid just like Leinart. He might have gone to Oakland but I doubt it. What really boggles my mind though is after all the fuss about how Carr was hot $#!t he got thrown out on his arse like a two dollar hooker! I'd fear Vince Young in the coming years. I'd fear him more than Manning. I don't know about sophmore jinxes and Madden curses in regards to Young. Sounds like alot of hooey. I just know that come his fourth and fifth year he will be an absolute beast once the Titans get their ducks in a row. Get him some weapons... get a defense that can manage to stay off the feild. The offseason is entirely too long sometimes. I'd like to see some football.
I think you need to remember where Vince wants to be. It's a little funny that his first association to TN is that the Titans were originally from Houston.

Feel good about having VY on your team, but remember... he would much rather be in Houston, TX!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #88
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
wow....just...wow That's just wrong

You should read the book by John Pirckle, "Oiler Blues: The Story of Pro Football's Most Frustrating Team" for a little insight into your team's history and the shenanigans of your owner.

Quote:
I'd fear Vince Young in the coming years. I'd fear him more than Manning.
I don't blame you for feeling good about your QB, but let's not get emotional about it. Manning is one of the best of the best, period. I'm not a Colts homer, but he could end up being one of the greatest QBs to play the game. I'd hesitate to throw a 1 year QB into the same conversation with Manning.
Old 04-19-2007   #89
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Floyd was on ESPN recently and they asked him if he though White was going to cut it as the Titans RB and while he didn't just say a flat "no" it was clear what he was meaning to say.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #90
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Floyd was on ESPN recently and they asked him if he though White was going to cut it as the Titans RB and while he didn't just say a flat "no" it was clear what he was meaning to say.
For a minute there, I thought the question was going to be, "Can he cut his calorie and Carb intake?"

Nevermind
Old 04-24-2007   #91
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Fantasy football article on NFL.com lays out the results of the Madden curse over the past eight years.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/10144815
Old 04-28-2007   #92
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
I'd fear Vince Young in the coming years. I'd fear him more than Manning.
Old 04-28-2007   #93
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Isn't that the actual play where he falls without being touched??
Old 04-28-2007   #94
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
VY is the only guy that could break the Madden curse.
I agree.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #95
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

FANTASY:

Quote:
REALITY (Photoshop not required):

Old 04-29-2007   #96
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

To respond to KT's "VY could break the Madden curse", lets review what he did last year:

A QB in 15 games threw for 2199 yards, 51.5% completion rate, 6.2 yards per completion, 12 TD's, 13 INT's.

Can it get worse?

On a side note, in those commercials VY starting to get those chipmunk cheeks. He looks like Gary Coleman with facial hair.

Maybe him and Leftwhich should get together and have a "what you talkin bout willis" contest.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #97
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
To respond to KT's "VY could break the Madden curse", lets review what he did last year:

A QB in 15 games threw for 2199 yards, 51.5% completion rate, 6.2 yards per completion, 12 TD's, 13 INT's.

He had a better rookie year than John Elway...you can look it up. You may also want to see how well he did on 3rd downs. He was almost unstoppable on third down situations.....other than that, yeah, he sux

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #98
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom line was that he stayed home during the playoffs, just like us....everything else is fluff.
Old 04-29-2007   #99
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He had a better rookie year than John Elway...you can look it up. You may also want to see how well he did on 3rd downs. He was almost unstoppable on third down situations.....other than that, yeah, he sux
This is a no win argument for either one of us. I could argue that VY ran for the majority of his third downs and also teams were locked in on Travis Henry running the ball allowing VY to have open running lanes. Then you would come back with how spectacular of an athlete he is and how he doesn't need Travis Henry, then I would come back with something equally as stupid to say and we would ping pong back and forth until you decide that I am not only banned from this site but the other site as well.

Then I would cry.

There are a slew of QB's who had a better rookie year than Elway, Carr being one of them.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #100
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

yeah, but Carr didn't get OROY, Pro-Bowl, and a Madden cover after his rookie year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read