Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2007   #1
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario reflects on first year

I have absolutely no desire to re-visit the car racing episode, but the second half of this article is interesting.

Quote:
"Last year, there were a lot of curves in the road," Williams says. "I've seen all the adversity you can go through, the off-the-field talk, people saying this and that about you. I look forward to showing what I can do when I'm healthy."
I also look forward to seeing what he can do when he is healthy! Hopefully, it will be a sight to behold.
linkhttp://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...williams_N.htm
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I could easily have said, 'I can't go,' " Williams says. "There were times I was getting two Toradol (pain killer) shots during games just to numb it up so I could do what I could do."
People forget this--Mario easily could have avoided playing while injured. Dude showed some toughness in having his toe nails taken out and playing through a very painful condition. Remember how often we have had players on the sidelines with turf toe?
Old 04-27-2007   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I could easily have said, 'I can't go,' " Williams says. "There were times I was getting two Toradol (pain killer) shots during games just to numb it up so I could do what I could do."

Williams, who set an N.C. State record with 26 sacks, has established scholarship funds for his two nephews, Marius and Nicholas, who's father was a marine killed in Iraq.
Says it all from a character and drive for results standpoint in my opinion.
Old 04-27-2007   #4
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the end of the article where they talked about everyone's rookie seasons. Seeing what Sims and Hawk did, and Demeco did better than either of them. Cool.
Old 04-27-2007   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
People forget this--Mario easily could have avoided playing while injured. Dude showed some toughness in having his toe nails taken out and playing through a very painful condition. Remember how often we have had players on the sidelines with turf toe?
turf toe is probably harder to play with to be fair. You can't push off when your big toe isn't allowing it. Mario gets a bit of a pass though....but just a bit.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Take the injury situation and couple it with a few really dominant moments, and I am cautiously optimistic about Mario. He made some big plays on defense last year, and then he toughed out an injury that would probably sideline many players. I think if it weren't for all the Bush rhetoric last year, people would be able to see more objectively Mario's contributions.
Old 04-27-2007   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
turf toe is probably harder to play with to be fair. You can't push off when your big toe isn't allowing it. Mario gets a bit of a pass though....but just a bit.
My understanding is PF causes its most severe pain when attempting to push off as well so while the location of the pain is different, the effect is largely the same--a limitation/inhibition on pushing off.
Old 04-27-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Didn't Steve McNair always play through turf toe (among many other injuries)?

Nice article, though, and I look forward to seeing Mario play with a chip on his shoulder. The constant sniping his way does not seem to be lost on him.
Old 04-27-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Didn't Steve McNair always play through turf toe (among many other injuries)?

Nice article, though, and I look forward to seeing Mario play with a chip on his shoulder. The constant sniping his way does not seem to be lost on him.
I myself am getting overly sick and tired of the Freakin Bullcrap that fox and espn say. Heck I was watching a damn baseball game and one of the annoucers had to say some crap about taking Mario versus vy or bush. These comments are not very professional, and look like amature hour. Yesterday on the NFL draft special on ESPN Trey Wingo and a few snide remarks, I serously would love to slap the piss out of him.

Old 04-27-2007   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I myself am getting overly sick and tired of the Freakin Bullcrap that fox and espn say. Heck I was watching a damn baseball game and one of the annoucers had to say some crap about taking Mario versus vy or bush. These comments are not very professional, and look like amature hour. Yesterday on the NFL draft special on ESPN Trey Wingo and a few snide remarks, I serously would love to slap the piss out of him.

Such anger.... Smack them once for me.
Old 04-27-2007   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm right there with you Specnatz, and I'm getting a gut-full of the crap.
And I'm also really puzzled by the bashing ? Where's the upside for the commentators anyway ?
All I can figure is that most of their audience is primarily limited to a Fantasy Leauge mentality, and can't understand let alone appreciate the idea of drafting an outstand D player #1 because he doesn't touch the ball ?
BTW, brace youself for much more of the same this weekend because the #1 Bush fan, Kornheiser, is supposed to be working the Draft on ESPN.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Should we worry a bit about the Plantar recurring?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Should we worry a bit about the Plantar recurring?
PF is not normally a recurring problem.
Old 04-27-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Nothing said it louder than the Colts game. Mario and Ron Dayne could barely walk the second the whistle blew. But they got up, limped back to the line, and continued to kick some a$$!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Exactly . The whole team manned up for that game .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Darn!
I watch ESPN redo the first 9 picks of the draft.
They had us taking Bush at #1
Ryans went #9
Mario dint make the list.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Darn!
I watch ESPN redo the first 9 picks of the draft.
They had us taking Bush at #1
Ryans went #9
Mario dint make the list.
Even though hindsight is 20/20, ESPN still got it wrong. VY would have been the obvious choice for a major upgrade to this team, all things considered. (And no, I'm not a VY / Titans homer!)

And knowing what we know now, I think DeMeco would have been a top 5 pick. Dude was DROY, for crying out loud.
Old 04-27-2007   #18
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yesterday on the NFL draft special on ESPN Trey Wingo and a few snide remarks, I serously would love to slap the piss out of him.

Ha, if Wingo gets to you, I highly suggest you avoid Chris Collinsworth on Inside the NFL at all costs. That guy simply would not let up on Mario and the Texans at all.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Ha, if Wingo gets to you, I highly suggest you avoid Chris Collinsworth on Inside the NFL at all costs. That guy simply would not let up on Mario and the Texans at all.
At least Collinsworthless was in the NFL versus never having worn a jock-strap in his life Wingo
Old 04-27-2007   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
That is because Collinsworth still hates Houston for all those loses he took from the Oilers.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read