Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2007   #41
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Or spins it that way since Moulds didn't work out.
Haha!

But really, I think Kubiak would prefer to use Walters more often. But there were only so many opportunities in the passing game (which is few in the second half of the season) and Moulds already frustrated 'cause he didnt get enough.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #42
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Haha!

But really, I think Kubiak would prefer to use Walters more often. But there were only so many opportunities in the passing game (which is few in the second half of the season) and Moulds already frustrated 'cause he didnt get enough.
Quite a few questions will be answered this weekend, and quite a few different ones will be generated. It'll be nice to have something solid to talk about.
Old 04-26-2007   #43
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Quite a few questions will be answered this weekend, and quite a few different ones will be generated. It'll be nice to have something solid to talk about.
It would be happy if they get 2/3 the result of last year's draft.
We don't have quite the position this year, and no 2nd rounder either.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #44
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Despite my last post, I don't want a wide receiver in the first round, unless a miracle happened and C Johnson was available at 10 (won't hold my breath), or probably the first day for that matter. I think David Carr was the biggest reason that Moulds caught such fewer passes than AJ; but, I definitely do want DBs (probably plural), as opposed to linemen, which is just a little lower on my list.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Despite my last post, I don't want a wide receiver in the first round, unless a miracle happened and C Johnson was available at 10 (won't hold my breath), or probably the first day for that matter. I think David Carr was the biggest reason that Moulds caught such fewer passes than AJ; but, I definitely do want DBs (probably plural), as opposed to linemen, which is just a little lower on my list.
I just do not see the Dline as one of our urgent needs. Some of the pick ups last year (as mentioned a few posts back) were doing better. I am looking for a trade down and picking up a second (Green Bay) or possibly the Denver deal that is rumored with us getting their 2nd & 3rd after swapping to 21. If we can pick up a CB, FS, WR as starters we are in good shape. Then for depth we can use 4th, 5th and 6th for another WR, CB/FS and best player available @ 7th. I think a center may be possibly added to the mix some where if we get the extra 3rd from Denver.
Old 04-27-2007   #46
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkTex View Post
I don't know if it's a Colts hangover or elation that Carr's gone or just unabashed homerism, but I don't think most of you realize that this is one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL right now. In fact, it may very well take a miracle for us to improve on 6-10. The light at the end of the tunnel for this team isn't the playoffs. The light is Darren McFadden.
Oh, the gloom and doomsayers! Can't you understand the fact that The Texans were making wholesale changes last year with the arrival of Kubiak. Especially difficult was the fact that they were changing defensive schemes entirely. If you've never run anthing but a 3-4, it's going to take that 1st year for your personnel to adjust. The 2nd year should be better if for no other reason that your personnel are more familiar with what they're doing.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #47
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Daniels production went down last season partly because of Carr and partly because of himself. If I remember correctly, I remember Kubiak mentioning Daniels hitting the rookie wall. I don't think he used those exact words, but it was something similar to it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read