Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-21-2007   #41
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
For example, if there are 20 "Carr sucks" threads, they will be merged into a single thread. Makes the board "cleaner" and easier to read.
In another word, we're gonna have just one single big thread?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #42
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
In another word, we're gonna have just one single big thread?
No, not at all. But if you have the following threads (as an example), don't you think they should be merged because they're the same topic?

"Carr sucks"
"Fire Carr"
"The Fire Carr Petition"
"Why Carr Will Never Succeed"
"Trade Carr"
etc...
etc...
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
One thing that will seperate the new TT from being like the old HT is that every Tom, Dick and HarryJ won't be bull rushing the board for the simple fact that it's not linked at the "official" web site. That will cut back on a lot of redundancy, the one or first post wonders that just have to start their own so and so sucks thread and so forth.

With the commitment by the mods here, and a bigger group of core members, this place will be better than the old HT and in a way, start to feel more like the old TT once we've all been here a while.

I've seen it happen before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I can't tell exactly what speedy is saying, can any of the mod explain it to me in layman term, please?
Speedy is saying that he is a fan just like you are. He didn't like the traffic and the redundant idiocy of the official board any more than you or I did...and we won't get near that kind of traffic here.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking football...football...football...football...

TT.com is a football forum. It's primary function is talking about Houston Texans football. Being fans of football, and having a place to talk football, allows us fans to share ideas, thoughts, and opinions about football.

Oh yeah, subsequently, TT.com also has some off-topic forums dedicated to tailgating, politics, religion, and world events. Those are fun to post in, but does not change the primary focus of of the board, which is football, Hookem's long-term vision (and point) of his board.

Not sure if you can read between the lines, but we're going to talk a lot of football around here now...which, of course, might feel a lot different than the old TT.com. <--- sarcastic intent for humorous consumption
Old 04-21-2007   #45
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 124 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Seriously, Harry get over it already. Either stop whinning or actually provide them with some real information so they can work with everyone on making this a great place to be.

You can post, I can post. You can't degrade anyone and neither can I, that seems to be pretty fair to me.

Who was talking to you?

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #46
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 124 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
TT.com is a football forum. It's primary function is talking about Houston Texans football. Being fans of football, and having a place to talk football, allows us fans to share ideas, thoughts, and opinions about football.

Oh yeah, subsequently, TT.com also has some off-topic forums dedicated to tailgating, politics, religion, and world events. Those are fun to post in, but does not change the primary focus of of the board, which is football, Hookem's long-term vision (and point) of his board.

Not sure if you can read between the lines, but we're going to talk a lot of football around here now...which, of course, might feel a lot different than the old TT.com. <--- sarcastic intent for humorous consumption
I have no problem not posting in your football forum, hell it's about the lowly Texans anyway!

Old 04-21-2007   #47
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
Who was talking to you?
Everyone...this is a message board, not a private chat room.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have no problem not posting in your football forum, hell it's about the lowly Texans anyway!
Why don't you take part in football talk? Your insight would be appreciated, as would any football fan's perspective.

p.s. it's not my forum...it's our forum
Old 04-21-2007   #49
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Because I'm an Eagle fan! I came here to make fun of you in 2002 and met some very nice people that I now talk to on a daily basis! If I feel like discussing the Texans I'll see you all in the Rival section.

Old 04-21-2007   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Because I'm an Eagle fan! I came here to make fun of you in 2002 and met some very nice people that I now talk to on a daily basis! If I feel like discussing the Texans I'll see you all in the Rival section.
That's cool, man. You are always welcomed to chat up football in the NFL section, too. It doesn't have to be an opponent of the Texans, and fans of all 31 other teams are welcomed to set up shop and educate us about their own teams.
Old 04-21-2007   #51
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Cool!

Old 04-21-2007   #52
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Cool!
I look forward to it, man. Especially since you're a division rival of the Cowboys, so any ammo you give me will be utilized against my friends who are traitorous Cowpoke fans.

I always root for the Eagles unless they play the Texans.
Old 04-21-2007   #53
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Harry Rocks!
Old 04-21-2007   #54
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Man, this keeps up and I am gonna have to arrange for a great big group hug!

Old 04-21-2007   #55
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Speedy is saying that he is a fan just like you are. He didn't like the traffic and the redundant idiocy of the official board any more than you or I did...and we won't get near that kind of traffic here.
That's mainly what I mean, but a point I was trying to make is that once this place has been around for a while, the feel of it will be more like the old TT was, where everybody knew your name. Not saying it will ever be exactly like it. The main board can be found by anybody and everybody by simply going to HT.com. That's not the case here. You have to search for this place or somebody has to tell you about it.

And HarryJ, my Tom, Dick, and HarryJ comment was not a shot at you. More of a not so very good attempt at humor, which is why the smilie. I was a member of TT too. Not a very prominent member, but I know who the peeps are here.

And FWIW, if you want a different feel to this place than the old HT board, switch to the Khari's style on the "Quick style Chooser" at the bottom of the page.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #56
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

I like the Angy baby a little more.

Old 04-21-2007   #57
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Please allow me to intoduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and fame.....

Who shot the Kennedy's after all it was you and me .
Old 04-21-2007   #58
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

You are almost old enough to remember that!

Old 04-21-2007   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Man, this keeps up and I am gonna have to arrange for a great big group hug!
I'll be posting Eagles stories as they come across my cpu, so check in the NFL section from time to time to make sure nobody is talking trash about your team. We have a few Cowboys fans in our midst, so gotta' keep on your toes!
Old 04-21-2007   #60
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are almost old enough to remember that!
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32715

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read