Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-21-2007   #81
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I had quite a few posts over there. I stopped posting as much when the off-topic brigade moved in.

I think the last major thing we posted was Dante in his undies the night of our engagement. That was way back in July.
I was there from day 2 and I never saw a football post from you, I guess we just frequented different forums.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #82
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
For ME, as in my opinion, part of the problem seems to be that this "merger" is going one sided. The "old main board" people love it. A large number of the "old TexansTalk" members don't care for it as much. We are losing a closer knit family atmospear, one at which I care how Yankee did on a test, or how Joe and Bull Pen 1 are doing. The BS that the "old Main Board" mods are trying to shut down was what made Texans Talk what it was. It may have morphed into something Kevin wasn't as proud of as he once was, but to me he should be proud to have given birth to a place people were proud to call there home board. Sure we may not have posted as much real news as at the "official" site, but we really took part in each others lives. I realize we will never get that back and it saddens me. I am trying to adjust but give us old members a chance to adjust. It isn't easy for us to see all these new posters, come to what we thought of as "our board", and post how glad they are to see it has been taken over by the "old official board". So when Harry or myself get a little cranky about what is happening it really doesn't help to be jumped on and called troublemakers just because we missed our "old Texans Talk". We will adjust, but it looks like we are the ones doing all the adjusting. It is hard to just say "if they just changed this or that I would be happy" because it is the feel of the board and you can't just explain it easily. It is like when you buy a house and move in it takes a while before that house becomes a home. We lost our home and it isn't easy to see so many people happy that we did.

Tim

Exactly!

Old 04-21-2007   #83
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 40918 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
I was there from day 2 and I never saw a football post from you, I guess we just frequented different forums.
I posted mostly in the tailgating and off-topic.

See? I love off-topic! LOL
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #84
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Laughter will help a lot!

Old 04-21-2007   #85
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
I think the last major thing we posted was Dante in his undies the night of our engagement. That was way back in July.
Oh, that's the one thing I'm glad is gone. I completely forgot about that.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #86
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 40918 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I still have the pics. You better be good or they are going right back up.
Old 04-21-2007   #87
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Dante, if I wanted to see you in your underwear again I would have asked!

Old 04-21-2007   #88
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

I also still have that picture of your grill 84!!!
Old 04-21-2007   #89
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For ME, as in my opinion, part of the problem seems to be that this "merger" is going one sided. The "old main board" people love it. A large number of the "old TexansTalk" members don't care for it as much. We are losing a closer knit family atmospear, one at which I care how Yankee did on a test, or how Joe and Bull Pen 1 are doing. The BS that the "old Main Board" mods are trying to shut down was what made Texans Talk what it was. It may have morphed into something Kevin wasn't as proud of as he once was, but to me he should be proud to have given birth to a place people were proud to call there home board. Sure we may not have posted as much real news as at the "official" site, but we really took part in each others lives. I realize we will never get that back and it saddens me. I am trying to adjust but give us old members a chance to adjust. It isn't easy for us to see all these new posters, come to what we thought of as "our board", and post how glad they are to see it has been taken over by the "old official board". So when Harry or myself get a little cranky about what is happening it really doesn't help to be jumped on and called troublemakers just because we missed our "old Texans Talk". We will adjust, but it looks like we are the ones doing all the adjusting. It is hard to just say "if they just changed this or that I would be happy" because it is the feel of the board and you can't just explain it easily. It is like when you buy a house and move in it takes a while before that house becomes a home. We lost our home and it isn't easy to see so many people happy that we did.

Tim
Duly noted. Much like you had that closeness at the old TT board it was surely evident on the old main board as well. It just mattered on laying that footprint in a thread. I certainly would not and have never shut down a close knit group's thread discussing personal matters nor have I seen any of the other mods do the same.

The only thing I have seen any of the old mods asking folks to adjust to is not making personal attacks on people's opinions. Outside of that we are all in essence adjusting.
Old 04-21-2007   #90
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
I also still have that picture of your grill 84!!!
Ok, I'm starting an embarassing pictures of Dante thread.
Old 04-21-2007   #91
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Quote:

I dare ya!

Old 04-21-2007   #92
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only thing I have seen any of the old mods asking folks to adjust to is not making personal attacks on people's opinions. Outside of that we are all in essence adjusting.

Does this rule apply if they are a Cowboy fan?
Old 04-21-2007   #93
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

See, this can be a problem! I tend to take a swing at a Cowboy fan or Meatball fan whenever I see one.

Old 04-21-2007   #94
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah, I remember you! You were another poster that added nothing to TT! Hopefully you'll get better.
Hey, y'all have a lot in common then! j/k, man! a little smack, as requested

Seriously, though, I think when everyone sees what features are in store for the future of TT.com, you will celebrate with elation because you will definitely have the opportunity to keep your group alive and well within the new & improved TexansTalk. Hookem has not forgotten his TT roots, and none of us want to see any of y'all gone under unhappy circumstances.

Please just be patient and understand that some things take time.
Old 04-21-2007   #95
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Hey, y'all have a lot in common then! j/k, man! a little smack, as requested

Seriously, though, I think when everyone sees what features are in store for the future of TT.com, you will celebrate with elation because you will definitely have the opportunity to keep your group alive and well within the new & improved TexansTalk. Hookem has not forgotten his TT roots, and none of us want to see any of y'all gone under unhappy circumstances.

Please just be patient and understand that some things take time.
I can't wait. It is going to be a fun season!!
Old 04-21-2007   #96
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hey neighbor, what did you do to Dante's sausage in that avatar?

And is that a battery next to it? If it is, I need to tell you it doesn't work that way.
Old 04-21-2007   #97
SESupergenius

Quote:
For ME, as in my opinion, part of the problem seems to be that this "merger" is going one sided. The "old main board" people love it. A large number of the "old TexansTalk" members don't care for it as much. We are losing a closer knit family atmospear, one at which I care how Yankee did on a test, or how Joe and Bull Pen 1 are doing.
Tim
That was exactly the problem, The new TT did exactly to the old tt board members what the new official site did to it's previous members. It left them out of the loop and abandoned. I tried to get the mods/admins to see this and to find a common ground. Hopefully now after such direct communication between the both sides, everyone can mend fences and work out some of the issues.
Old 04-22-2007   #98
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I think everything will kind of get back to normal once the season gets going. It's the off season and there really isn't much to talk about. Next week should be full of football talk with the draft.
Old 04-22-2007   #99
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See, this can be a problem! I tend to take a swing at a Cowboy fan or Meatball fan whenever I see one.
Not a problem if smack is kept in smack forum.

But if someone trashes people in a football thread, then instead of talking football we are reading a LOOK AT ME thread about how clever someone thinks they are playing amateur Don Rickles, and a bunch of nonsense.
Old 04-22-2007   #100
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tim
Unfortunately, you would have lost your old home anyways. The happiness is that there is a home for anyone, not that the old TT was destroyed.

You are right--it will never be the same as the old though.

There are still all sorts of places where personal sorts of talk can happen, like this thread.

Ultimately, the alternative was that the old TT was going to be shut down because the old MB wasn't secure and was killing the server, and the new MB could have been hosted anywhere--but this was a way for TT to survive at all. Doesn't make it feel any better, but that is the way it was.

You never know, maybe we can make this place better than the sum of its parts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read