Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-21-2007   #61
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
I'm sorry but I still have not seen one mod post anything like this when an HT member says something about TT but we all get called touchy. What's up with that?
Some people didn't like TT and that is an opinion. People have opinions Harry. Come on...he never said, "I don't like TT cause Harryj added nothing". He said, "I didn't like the bs at TT". Heck, even the owner of TT didn't like the BS at TT. Give it a rest for crying out loud.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #62
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a core group of posters at TT that liked it.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #63
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
Actually, I joined Texanstalk.com a couple years ago, but I never could quite get into it. When I joined the site, I was looking for more news about the Texans, but there was just too much BS and not enough news to satisfy me, so my trips here were very infrequent. Hopefully, this will be better.

How did this post help you guys?

Old 04-21-2007   #64
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure there was. I talked to TEDC on the phone yesterday and he liked it too...but he also didn't like some of what he saw. I liked the Oilers too...but they are gone now Harry. I can't help that, and we can't help the fact that TT is gone either. Sometimes I regret accepting Kevin's offer to help him from shutting this place down completely.

Old 04-21-2007   #65
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
It didn't, but this is something my neice would ask me when we argue about rules in my sister's house.

Old 04-21-2007   #66
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Nice. That does little to answer my question as to why all I hear is that I am giving you no guidence as to what you should do but he posts that and everything is just peachy.

Old 04-21-2007   #67
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Nice. That does little to answer my question as to why all I hear is that I am giving you no guidence as to what you should do but he posts that and everything is just peachy.
vtech doesn't like me. I'm not going to bother him. I respect his opinion even though I know he doesn't like me. He made a comment that isn't much different than Kevin made. Should I take down his comments AND Kevin's comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
I know that wasn't your first time questioning Carr. As a matter of fact, I had said something about Carr on this board about midway though the first season, and gotten bashed by you, only to find you write basically the same thing on hpf the next week.

like I said way back then...you aren't worth it...I'm done.

Old 04-21-2007   #68
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Why take down any comments?

Old 04-21-2007   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Why take down any comments?
I'm asking you to attack the message and not the messenger. You haven't accepted this plea and continue to engage me on this same topic...so I can only assume you want me to take them down since I don't want personal shots taken at guys for simply stating an opinion that is not a personal attack. I made the distinction in a post above. I'll repost it.

Quote:
Some people didn't like TT and that is an opinion. People have opinions Harry. Come on...he never said, "I don't like TT cause Harryj added nothing". He said, "I didn't like the bs at TT". Heck, even the owner of TT didn't like the BS at TT. Give it a rest for crying out loud.

Old 04-21-2007   #70
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is obvious feedback there. The member states that they would like more Texans news. Hopefully we will be able to provide such content within a parameter that does not disrupt the comfort zone of the old TT members.

Feedback can be good and it can be bad, just give us something. Going around in circles over conjecture and then pointing other members out for actually providing feedback is doing no one a service, specifically in a thread meant to be helpful.

If y'all want to dance in a circle come down to Austin with some flowers in your hair and get a drum for Eeyore's Birthday next week. Otherwise why don't y'all take this to PM.
Old 04-21-2007   #71
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Vinny!Where did I attack him? I said he was not a contributing member of TT and that I hoped that would change! What are we gonna take down here/

Old 04-21-2007   #72
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 44333 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been hesitant about speaking out against TT because I was a member and enjoyed it for a long time. I also love all of the friends we have met through that site and tailgating during football season. I know most of the "original" crew there by their first names, and not screen names. It truly was (still is!) a family.

Over the last year or so, it became something completely different from what it was. Nearly every thread was overrun by 5 pages of nonsense. Nonsense is fine and fun if it is contained and in an appropriate place. Unfortunately, it got to the point where it was too much to handle for a lot of people.

I'm not saying that I never go off-topic or enjoy mindless conversation. Sometimes it's great to act a fool and blow off some steam with buddies online, especially with people that you enjoy spending time with in real life. Hell, I co-own a message board where that's all we do. It's a message board with absolutely no point. That's not what TT was or is, and I don't think it was fair to treat it that way.

The biggest point that I think we are overlooking is that Kevin paid for TT out of his own pocket. Why in the world would anyone expect Kevin to continue shelling out money for a site that had a handful of posters? A site where he even admits that he didn't want to visit? It just seems silly to me.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #73
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 44333 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And there used to be a larger core group that liked it. Sad but true.
Old 04-21-2007   #74
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
There is obvious feedback there. The member states that they would like more Texans news. Hopefully we will be able to provide such content within a parameter that does not disrupt the comfort zone of the old TT members.

Feedback can be good and it can be bad, just give us something. Going around in circles over conjecture and then pointing other members out for actually providing feedback is doing no one a service, specifically in a thread meant to be helpful.

If y'all want to dance in a circle come down to Austin with some flowers in your hair and get a drum for Eeyore's Birthday next week. Otherwise why don't y'all take this to PM.
We are talking about the TTMB here. If he is talking about something else I don't know why him calling Kevin's work on the main page BS would be any help to this covo.

I have never been a hippy.

Old 04-21-2007   #75
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Vinny!Where did I attack him? I said he was not a contributing member of TT and that I hoped that would change! What are we gonna take down here/
"attack the message and not the messenger" is just a phrase...I just want you to see the difference in breaking down the argument moreso than breaking down the poster....other than that..we all cool.

Old 04-21-2007   #76
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
And there used to be a larger core group that liked it. Sad but true.
So as long as you folks are comfortable everything is peachy?

Old 04-21-2007   #77
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
So as long as you folks are comfortable everything is peachy?
I was a member probably just as long as you were. I don't want to get in a pissing match or anything over it though.

All I'm saying is that it used to be a larger community. The size of the community decreased as the quality of posts/threads did. It turned people off.
Old 04-21-2007   #78
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

I'm sorry, i never saw you post over there at all! I have no way of knowing you were even a member!

Old 04-21-2007   #79
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
I'm sorry, i never saw you post over there at all! I have no way of knowing you were even a member!
I had quite a few posts over there. I stopped posting as much when the off-topic brigade moved in.

I think the last major thing we posted was Dante in his undies the night of our engagement. That was way back in July.
Old 04-21-2007   #80
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
You're right, it wasn't all that bad...look, he said no more than Kevin did when Kevin said he didn't like the quality of Texanstalk....you guys just have to decide if you want to go forward with this or if you just want to make this hard on us on an ongoing basis...that's your choice pards. Frankly, I see some of you guys who are fighting us....and just hope you stop it.
For ME, as in my opinion, part of the problem seems to be that this "merger" is going one sided. The "old main board" people love it. A large number of the "old TexansTalk" members don't care for it as much. We are losing a closer knit family atmospear, one at which I care how Yankee did on a test, or how Joe and Bull Pen 1 are doing. The BS that the "old Main Board" mods are trying to shut down was what made Texans Talk what it was. It may have morphed into something Kevin wasn't as proud of as he once was, but to me he should be proud to have given birth to a place people were proud to call there home board. Sure we may not have posted as much real news as at the "official" site, but we really took part in each others lives. I realize we will never get that back and it saddens me. I am trying to adjust but give us old members a chance to adjust. It isn't easy for us to see all these new posters, come to what we thought of as "our board", and post how glad they are to see it has been taken over by the "old official board". So when Harry or myself get a little cranky about what is happening it really doesn't help to be jumped on and called troublemakers just because we missed our "old Texans Talk". We will adjust, but it looks like we are the ones doing all the adjusting. It is hard to just say "if they just changed this or that I would be happy" because it is the feel of the board and you can't just explain it easily. It is like when you buy a house and move in it takes a while before that house becomes a home. We lost our home and it isn't easy to see so many people happy that we did.

Tim

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read