Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-19-2007   #21
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

For someone on the outside looking in, it would look like we hammered each other in the "smack talk" forum.. but what the outsider did not know, was that we actually got along and from time to time would PM each other and the like...

It's a game within the game type thing that most would not understand.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if I had known how much TT had changed to mirror the old board, including having my login name, password, and rep all set, I would have been over here long before now. You can't say I didn't give that new piece of crap the old college try, though.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #23
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Well, if I had known how much TT had changed to mirror the old board, including having my login name, password, and rep all set, I would have been over here long before now. You can't say I didn't give that new piece of crap the old college try, though.
Well said. I got an e-mail for this site. When I checked it out, I thought I somehow got a link to the old boards, but Texan Talk was smart enough to take alot of the old info and put it to good use. I tried the new board, but I just couldn't do it. This reminds me too much of the old boards NOT to be on here. Also, I won't be suprised if this becomes more popular than the new forum.

Last edited by LORK 88; 04-19-2007 at 09:23 PM.
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #24
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If you notice, a lot of old TT people that are caught up in this were also members of the the old main board too... I wasn't exactly a wall flower over there, nor were others from TT. We just a lot more personalized relationship amongst the posters on TT. Heck, even folks like 1stDown (jags fan), Blazing Arrow (Titans Fan) and a couple of others all knew of each other...

For someone on the outside looking in, it would look like we hammered each other in the "smack talk" forum.. but what the outsider did not know, was that we actually got along and from time to time would PM each other and the like...
Texans Talk is our home because we felt comfortable with it. It started out as a Blue Crew thing but it really grew fast. Many of us were HT members but we got a chance to get more personal here and get to know eachother. HT was always uptight. You would post something between you and someone else and someone would delete it (if they didn't like it) or move it somewhere else without telling you. TT was a haven for friends who actually care to know eachother.

I hope this board doesn't change into HT. TT has always had some character that I hope never gets sterilized into some "paint between the lines", "do what I say not as I do" beaurocracy. Remember, TT was successful and respected before.

I was also one of the first here to support this. I hope we ALL win with the change!
Old 04-20-2007   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post

I hope this board doesn't change into HT. TT has always had some character that I hope never gets sterilized into some "paint between the lines", "do what I say not as I do" beaurocracy. Remember, TT was successful and respected before.

I was also one of the first here to support this. I hope we ALL win with the change!
It won't since we don't have to follow the Texans code of conduct and we won't have to keep letting back in posters that skirt the boundaries of acceptability. Also, this place will be a little more "adult" and less protective of the kids. I mean, the Texans didn't want to give any of their Families any reason to have to block any part of houstontexans.com from their youngsters. We don't have that issue to deal with and we also do not have to put up with redundant trolls here. This place will be well moderated, but more wide open...it's a fine line but it won't be exactly the same as the old texanstalk nor will it be the same as the old houstontexans.com concept...as we still will not allow personal attacks and over the top vulgarity.

I will augment on the post counts for the old members if you contact me and give me an estimate of your old post counts for those who would like to have a record of their history at Kevin's original site. Please just PM me and give me your estimated post count and give me your estimated original date that you joined Kevin's site.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007   #26
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing that will seperate the new TT from being like the old HT is that every Tom, Dick and HarryJ won't be bull rushing the board for the simple fact that it's not linked at the "official" web site. That will cut back on a lot of redundancy, the one or first post wonders that just have to start their own so and so sucks thread and so forth.

With the commitment by the mods here, and a bigger group of core members, this place will be better than the old HT and in a way, start to feel more like the old TT once we've all been here a while.

I've seen it happen before.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I Tom, Dick....or Harry?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #28
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
One thing that will seperate the new TT from being like the old HT is that every Tom, Dick and HarryJ won't be bull rushing the board for the simple fact that it's not linked at the "official" web site. That will cut back on a lot of redundancy, the one or first post wonders that just have to start their own so and so sucks thread and so forth.

With the commitment by the mods here, and a bigger group of core members, this place will be better than the old HT and in a way, start to feel more like the old TT once we've all been here a while.

I've seen it happen before.
So You've just taken over, huh?

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
So You've just taken over, huh?
What are you arguing about?--the fact that redundant threads will get merged? Funny, one of the complaints I have heard from TT posters is they didn't like the old HT MB because there were redundant threads. So what is your position, or are you just carping?
Old 04-21-2007   #30
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What are you arguing about?--the fact that redundant threads will get merged? Funny, one of the complaints I have heard from TT posters is they didn't like the old HT MB because there were redundant threads. So what is your position, or are you just carping?
Threads have nothing to do with it! It appears you just can't or won't understand. We left HT because we didn't like it and now it is here. I sure hope that helps.

Old 04-21-2007   #31
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

I have restricted myself to tailgating and no sports talk, what's the problem?

Old 04-21-2007   #32
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It appears you just can't or won't understand. We left HT because we didn't like it and now it is here. I sure hope that helps.
No it doesn't help at all. You carp but don't provide any specific comments about why you didn't like HT or what specifically is going on wrong here other than it isn't exactly like TT. Yankee provided a forum for specific suggestions and you have provided none. That's the difference between trying to make something work and provide constructive feedback and just carping for the heck of it.
Old 04-21-2007   #33
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

What is so hard about understanding that two different boardshad two different posting styles and they do not mesh! Why is pointing that out carping and not answering the question?

Old 04-21-2007   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
What is so hard about understanding that two different boardshad two different posting styles and they do not mesh! Why is pointing that out carping and not answering the question?
Because just saying they are different isn't specific enough to be useful. What kind of post specifically was allowed on one and not on the other that you think needs to be here? What kind of post has not been allowed on the revamped TT that you think should be? "They do not mesh!" is a conclusion rather than anything useful. We have been virtually begging for specific feedback and all we get is "but it was different." You're right, it is different and it is going to be different so you will either have to get over it and give us feedback on specific elements you don't want lost or I guess can just keep up the non-specific complaining. We are trying--give us something to work with.
Old 04-21-2007   #35
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

You are asking us to fix something that we didn't think was broke! We didn't break anything! I have said time after time that this will all work itself out in time but you are still asking what we want changed or done! I haven't had any posts or threads changed or deleted so I can't help you there!

Old 04-21-2007   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are asking us to fix something that we didn't think was broke! We didn't break anything! I have said time after time that this will all work itself out in time but you are still asking what we want changed or done! I haven't had any posts or threads changed or deleted so I can't help you there!
No, he is asking what you want us to do. Obviously your answer is simple, you want us to change it back, but Kevin has said on many occasions that he was going to shut that board down. You can pretend that he just shut it down if you like...or you can come here and work with us to make this better. That is just something you are going to have to decide for yourself.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #37
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

I don't want anything changed now. I just want it to be fair.

Old 04-21-2007   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I can't tell exactly what speedy is saying, can any of the mod explain it to me in layman term, please?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #39
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't want anything changed now. I just want it to be fair.
Seriously, Harry get over it already. Either stop whinning or actually provide them with some real information so they can work with everyone on making this a great place to be.

You can post, I can post. You can't degrade anyone and neither can I, that seems to be pretty fair to me.
Old 04-21-2007   #40
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I can't tell exactly what speedy is saying, can any of the mod explain it to me in layman term, please?
For example, if there are 20 "Carr sucks" threads, they will be merged into a single thread. Makes the board "cleaner" and easier to read.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read