Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-18-2007   #61
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you DB - especially your points when referring to Aikman, Emmit, etc... However, respect of a player and all out adoration are two different animals.
Old 04-18-2007   #62
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Our rushing game improved toward the end of the year also, but we never changed QBs.

I can't believe I have to argue with the "Vince walks on water people" on Texans Talk and it not be in a smack section with a TENNhead.

How the mighty freedom board has fallen.
I take issue to this. We've spent a lot of time and effort to make this site better. Wow big deal that you have to clean up your potty mouth a little. I am as big a VY hater as anyone and continually argue that point. I've am one Vinny's oldest foes when it comes to verbal jarring, we still constantly get into it. The only difference is that we cleaned it up a bit, there are young people on the internet as well. I wouldn't open a smack off with Vinny if we were face to face and my children were sitting there watching me. It's no different on the internet. You can still be respectful, it's not that hard.
Old 04-18-2007   #63
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Save it Overalls. Texans Talk as you knew it, no longer exists. So, that means if the people who are now in charge says Vince walks on water, Vince walks on water....

BUT he still can't throw... Chuck Knoblauch thinks thats messed up....

Our rushing game improved, because really it had no other direction to go...

Overalls, "freedom" is a state of mind......
Someone's been watching too much "Braveheart". "Freedoooooooooooommm". Please. Yes Texans Talk as you knew it doesn't exist, and hopefully it becomes better. This is a fan site, supported by fans. What are your suggestions for improvements? Our ears are open. We can put it to a poll and let the fans decide.

And Vince Young doesn't walk on water, he walks on luck. (<---notice the hatred for VY?) Don't lump everyone into this category, it makes my stomach turn. Where's Vinny, I need to argue with him to make myself feel better.
Old 04-18-2007   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
Someone's been watching too much "Braveheart". "Freedoooooooooooommm". Please. Yes Texans Talk as you knew it doesn't exist, and hopefully it becomes better. This is a fan site, supported by fans. What are your suggestions for improvements? Our ears are open. We can put it to a poll and let the fans decide.

And Vince Young doesn't walk on water, he walks on luck. (<---notice the hatred for VY?) Don't lump everyone into this category, it makes my stomach turn. Where's Vinny, I need to argue with him to make myself feel better.
Funny about the Braveheart reference... Not really where I was going with that, but it was in response to both Overalls and Vinny's sparring... Again, that was kinda funny!!

If you read into the meaning of my post, you will see that its not much different than your post to Overalls (just from a different angle -or- approach)... I realize that there are changes and old TT members that have been around a long, long time are going to have to make adjustments. Quite honestly, some of the changes I really like... Some changes, well, not so much -but- ce las vie!! ...

LOL, about your comment with respect to VY and asking where Vinny is...

I don't, nor will I ever "lump" everyone together, especially as it relates to VY. I have too many friends and family that are 'sips, so I know better.....

Thanks for your input, now lets get back to discussin whether VY will be affected by the so-called "Madden jinx" or even the "Sophomore jinx" or if he will struggle this year based on the Flaming Meatball's inactivity this off-season...
Old 04-18-2007   #65
SESupergenius

Quote:
Funny about the Braveheart reference... Not really where I was going with that, but it was in response to both Overalls and Vinny's sparring... Again, that was kinda funny!!

If you read into the meaning of my post, you will see that its not much different than your post to Overalls (just from a different angle -or- approach)... I realize that there are changes and old TT members that have been around a long, long time are going to have to make adjustments. Quite honestly, some of the changes I really like... Some changes, well, not so much -but- ce las vie!! ...

LOL, about your comment with respect to VY and asking where Vinny is...

I don't, nor will I ever "lump" everyone together, especially as it relates to VY. I have too many friends and family that are 'sips, so I know better.....

Thanks for your input, now lets get back to discussin whether VY will be affected by the so-called "Madden jinx" or even the "Sophomore jinx" or if he will struggle this year based on the Flaming Meatball's inactivity this off-season...
ok so we are getting somewhere. I look forward to you having my back when I slam Vinny in VY threads! Now, if you hate certain things about this site then list them, we are always looking for ways to improve it. It's built by the fans for the fans. We have no agenda other than making this site fan friendly. As far as you old TT motherboarder goes (I'll just call you TT mothers!), I understand your loss, but after I clear a few things on my list I want to address your issues about not having your posts from the previous board. Both of the systems run on the same type of database so there might be a way to import that data into it's own sub category here on this message board. We are also looking into a way that you TT mothers can have an area for smack talk. Please be patient though, we might not get to right away, but it is definitely on the list of things to do.
Old 04-18-2007   #66
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Good post!! And I will be right there for the VY slamming...

"TT Mothers" LMAO!! I for one am being patient and hold high hopes for this board. It might help if there was a forum designated to letting people voice their likes and dislikes -or- opinions about the board, rather than letting a specific thread get hi-jacked (like this one was nearly on the verge of doing)..... Here's to the success of the "new" board

I especially hope VY sucks particularly twice a year. Other than that, I really could care less one way or the other (similarly with Joseph Adai), because of the divisional implications...
Old 04-18-2007   #67
SESupergenius

Quote:
I for one am being patient and hold high hopes for this board. It might help if there was a forum designated to letting people voice their likes and dislikes -or- opinions about the board, rather than letting a specific thread get hi-jacked .
There is a thread for site suggestions, please post them there. I really do value feedback. You can post your dislikes and so on, but all we are asking is to keep things relatively clean and respectful. It's not hard. Just use your wit.
Old 04-18-2007   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
There is a thread for site suggestions, please post them there. I really do value feedback. You can post your dislikes and so on, but all we are asking is to keep things relatively clean and respectful. It's not hard. Just use your wit.
Thanks... duly noted, and I also said post "likes" too...
Old 04-18-2007   #69
SESupergenius

Quote:
Thanks... duly noted, and I also said post "likes" too...
Thanks for the effort Texan_Bill. I know that is sucks to wake up to a new board and lose all of your old posts and tenure. Trust me I understand. We are trying to find a way to make the transition easier. One of the top priorities is to gain the tenure back as far as status, some people think this is a big deal, and I for one understand. We may not be able to get your posts incorporated in this message board, we are certainly going to try. I don't want this to be a split of old TT mothers and New site refugees. I just want the TT mothers to understand that we are just trying to make this site better, with more features and more of a community.
Old 04-18-2007   #70
SESupergenius

Oh, and I don't like Vince Young. I think if he hadn't of ran for the TD against the Texans in OT then he really wouldn't have gotten the attention he's been getting. He's overrated. Team will catch on and hold him in check (see Patriots game).
Old 04-18-2007   #71
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

If VY struggles this year it'll be beacuse of the following reasons: a) the only RB on teh Titans roster weights in at 300 pounds, b) the Titan's special teams unit lost its best player and one of the teams leading scores, c) both of the Titans top 2 receivers are gone and d) the D lost their best player. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #72
SESupergenius

It's just his style of QB. It's so Randall Cunninghamish. I actually like Cunningham, but with a QB if you get hurt your backup will dictate the way you play the rest of the game. Since the styles of Young and his backup are worlds apart, it will be difficult for the Titans to adjust to that if Young goes down. Which by the way, he will go down because you can't have that style and not get injured. It's just the nature of the game. That's why most teams have 2 good running backs, they tend to get banged up as the season progresses. You usually don't have the same kind of caliber backup in a quarterback as your do a backup running back.
Old 04-18-2007   #73
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Randall Cunningham and Steve McNair both learned over time to work within the structures of their offenses.. Ron Mexico has not, and from what I've seen from VY (albeit one season) he fits more of the Mexico mould to me. JMO
Old 04-18-2007   #74
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

I know some of you guys hate the Titans and probably won't give me any credit for saying this but I will say it.

Remember, The Titans picked Vince Young. Vince Young didn't pick the Titans. From what I've read, Vince Young said a long time ago, that he wanted to play for the Texans. It's not Vince Young's fault that he isn't with your team. I know you want him to fail but surely you can give the guy some credit. Vince has amazing work ethic that one can admire. He wants to win and when he loses, he really takes the loss hard.

I can't believe that some people want to give Pacman Jones all the credit. That is crazy! It takes a team to win and one player can't win the game alone. I really think Vince Youngs contagious "Play to win" attitude rubbed off on his teammates. I think Vince motivates his team to play hard and not to give up.

Vince isn't the best quarterback ever but I think, in time, he will be a really great quarterback. That is just my opinion.

I ignore Overalls comments because it is the same stuff he posts over at titansonline. It get's old and there is no place for it. We don't have a smack section on that board but he feels the need to make his petty comments known all over the board. Whatever.

I really like the new place here much better than the old one.
Good luck to your team this season
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #75
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I take issue to this. We've spent a lot of time and effort to make this site better. Wow big deal that you have to clean up your potty mouth a little.
Potty mouth. You have got to be kidding. It takes a man of low intelligence to use profanity, so genius I take offense to this.

My only point was. That all this Vince walks on water talk is homer talk for a Titans fan. He had a 1200 yard RB that was a little help, but it has nothing to do with the RB it was Vince that caused the back to get the yards. He also had a DB helping him with a TD. He had a special teams that got him a TD. I wish Vince well, but I get tired of hearing how he is the root of everything good on the Titans. That no one else on that team did anything. Football is a TEAM sport and while I realize that his stats don't tell the whole story he is not the greatest QB of all time. Heck I will even through in yet, but give me a break Just because he is from Houston and went to UT does not mean I have to praise the TITANS qb as the savior of the NFL.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #76
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

I'm glad this thread got moved here. This thread was about Vince Young on the cover of Madden at one point but turned into "Vince Young Haters Post Here" thread
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink having fun & nothing personal, football fan to football fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I wish Vince well,...
Why? I thought you were a Texans fan? Only a Titans homer would wish Vince Young well.

No offense, man - and trust me, as a Titans hater it pains me to say this...but in a one year period, Young helped win a NCAA Championship, got NFL Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowl honors, and helped his suck team go on a huge winning streak (almost making the playoffs after an 0-5 start).

Yeah, he sucks.

I think Drew Brees is a great QB, too. I guess that makes me a Saints homer?
Old 04-18-2007   #78
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I think Vince is a great athlete, a great person to the local community, and a local hero for bringing a championship to Texas.

Do I wish him success? Hmm...sure. Against us? Hell no.

Vince is now the enemy.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #79
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't believe that some people want to give Pacman Jones all the credit.
I don't know who you're talking about, but he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He gave up very few TDs and Kyle Vanden Bosch said that other than Vince, no one had a bigger impact on the Titans than Pacman.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #80
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the real cover. I love the columbia blue pants with the alternate jersey. It's a pretty good look but it's not my favorite. I've uploaded a youtube video for you to see. It's Madden 07 gameplay. Very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmskNQBJVLw

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read