Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-17-2007   #41
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

I think that subconciously when people bring up pacman as the major factor for the titan's success its just a way for some people to take a jab at VY by not giving him his props. sure, the media would have you believe Vince Young also played D and took all the FG attempts but I certainly give most of the credit to him. We can look all around for other reasons all we want but i think its too much of a coincidence that the titans started winning once they put the rookie in.
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #42
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Check out Henry's yards per attempt with Collins in the game...and then look at it with Young....an astounding difference.
Our rushing game improved toward the end of the year also, but we never changed QBs.

I can't believe I have to argue with the "Vince walks on water people" on Texans Talk and it not be in a smack section with a TENNhead.

How the mighty freedom board has fallen.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #43
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Here's a sneak peak at the cover:

try again big guy.

photochop by RyansTitans @ goTitans.com

I ain't real crazy about Vince being on that cover but if anyone will defy the curse it will be Vince. Vince is proving to be everything you people say he is.
Old 04-18-2007   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL.... Look like mirrored images to me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post

photochop by RyansTitans @ goTitans.com

I ain't real crazy about Vince being on that cover but if anyone will defy the curse it will be Vince. Vince is proving to be everything you people say he is.
LOL.... Look like mirrored images to me.....
Old 04-18-2007   #45
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Our rushing game improved toward the end of the year also, but we never changed QBs.

I can't believe I have to argue with the "Vince walks on water people" on Texans Talk and it not be in a smack section with a TENNhead.

I give honest opinion on the game of football in the NFL...I don't twist my opinions to fit homer views since I enjoy my credibility. That's just how I am.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #46
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Our rushing game improved because we only had the QB throw it 9 times a game..lol
Old 04-18-2007   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Save it Overalls. Texans Talk as you knew it, no longer exists. So, that means if the people who are now in charge says Vince walks on water, Vince walks on water....

BUT he still can't throw... Chuck Knoblauch thinks thats messed up....

Our rushing game improved, because really it had no other direction to go...

Overalls, "freedom" is a state of mind......
Old 04-18-2007   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Save it Overalls. Texans Talk as you knew it, no longer exists. So, that means if the people who are now in charge says Vince walks on water, Vince walks on water....

BUT he still can't throw... Chuck Knoblauch thinks thats messed up....

Our rushing game improved, because really it had no other direction to go...

Overalls, "freedom" is a state of mind......
So you can speak your mind but I can't? I don't get into your version of "freedom". I've been participating in this community for half a decade and everyone who has read me knows I'm a huge NFL fan in general and I just don't do homer takes. I have nothing against them...but it just isn't me. I don't like to be dishonest about my real opinions.

I give opinions on players....why don't you keep it to players too? That would be nice.

Old 04-18-2007   #49
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The curse...I hope it can make it one more year.
Old 04-18-2007   #50
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So you can speak your mind but I can't? I don't get into your version of "freedom". I've been participating in this community for half a decade and everyone who has read me knows I'm a huge NFL fan in general and I just don't do homer takes. I have nothing against them...but it just isn't me. I don't like to be dishonest about my real opinions.

I give opinions on players....why don't you keep it to players too? That would be nice.
Funny Vinny... I couldn't even make it past your first question... Where in my post did I say that?? When you answer that, then I will dignify the rest of your post.
Old 04-18-2007   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

You basically said that since I give opinions on players you may not like, this place is "different". Last time I checked, this is an opinion board. You guys just want to make things personal for some reason. I'm not talking about you when I post...but you guys seem to always dog me. Hell, I'm just talking about the game and my perceptions as I see it. No reason to equate my opinion to the official stance of texanstalk on Vince Young...as if there is one.

Old 04-18-2007   #52
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is in the NFL forum, i.e. the place to talk primarily about teams other than the Texans. I see no reason why all talk about other teams has to be smack talk or why every player on every other team has to be disparaged.

Seems to me you are the one placing limits on discussion, i.e. freedom, not the other way around.
Old 04-18-2007   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
You basically said that since I give opinions on players you may not like, this place is "different". Last time I checked, this is an opinion board. You guys just want to make things personal for some reason. I'm not talking about you when I post...but you guys seem to always dog me. Hell, I'm just talking about the game and my perceptions as I see it. No reason to equate my opinion to the official stance of texanstalk on Vince Young...as if there is one.
Vinny, you have an answer for everything.. Here I am trying to adjust to the "new" Texans Talk, which is nothing more than the "Old" Main Board where people's posts have to be a written a lot more rigid than the old Texans Talk. I have been biting my lip, so to speak, as I attempt to go through my little paradigm shift and offered nothing but encouragement for Overalls to do the same....

Both Overalls and I merely stated our opinions. I have been consistent on my opinions of VY and have never waivered. I'm pretty sure that Overalls has as well. Yet I do understand that we have to express those opinions a lot differently now on the unofficial official old main board.

"Freedom" is what you make of it... "Freedom" different meanings for different people... "Freedom" doesn't always come unconditional or without some limitations...

PS.. I HAD been a member of TT twice as long as the "Old" main board, as well as many other former members..

In closing, VY will have a horrific year.. Not only Madden Jinx but that coupled with the typical sophomore jinx..
Old 04-18-2007   #54
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I just hate places that talk about me when I talk about the players...Don't worry though. I'm stepping down. I don't need it.

Old 04-18-2007   #55
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta love it when somebody's hatred blinds them to facts, and the fact was that last year VY played better then all teh nay-sayers said he would. Hell, I thought there was little chance of him succeding at all, let alone this early, in the NFL. I still don't hink he's going to have a long career, as most running QB's do suffer injury; but I'll be damned if he didn't paly better then I thought he ever would as a rookie.

Will he break the curse? No, mainly because I don't beleive in things like curses.

This is a message baord attacking soembody simply because their opinion differs from yours is a childish tactic. If you think you are right try backing it up with facts not bitching.

If nobody's posts have been deleted (unless they were obsecen or outside the limits of good taste) how is anybody;s freedom being trampled on?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #56
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just hate places that talk about me when I talk about the players...Don't worry though. I'm stepping down. I don't need it.

Ahh, come on V. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. I, for one, have appreciated being here the past year and a half and having guys like you, Honoring Earl and others who hold similar values and who like to evaluate the players without getting personal with the posters. I haven't had the run-ins, except for family Carr and a few others but overall the disagreements are what makes the board fun....as long as it stays on point with the teams and players. I used to be on another non-Texans board awhile back and I knew I had done something right when people couldn't stop trying to attack me. It means you are in their head a little...lol

Disclaimer: This post in no way means I can't post peacefully with those who have opposed V in this thread. Please carry on.

As for VY, there is nothing to say. Until proven otherwise he is better than most thought he would be and continues to outperform expectations and those who want to see him fail. He could won a SB and people will still rip him for something.
Old 04-18-2007   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I actually thought VY played BETTER than I originally thought he would... In fact, going into the season, I didnt think VY would get a sniff. I thought the Titans would have done with him, what the Oilers did with Steve McNair. I thought they brought in Kerry Collins to be VY's Chris Chandelier...
Old 04-18-2007   #58
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't you wish you had a dollar for all the silly things said about Vince Young by both his supporters and his detractors since the first time his name was discussed?

Personally, I like Vince Young and would have been ecstatic for him to be a Texan. Just because the worst case scenario happened and he went to Tennessee, doesn't mean that everyone has to lockstep think he is going to stink on ice. I'm not going to root for him in a TN uni, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the things that he is able to do.

I believe this is going to be an interesting season for him. Without two of the running backs, and the effect that PacMan has, I am curious to see what he can do. Will Lendale step away from the donuts? Will there draft class be able to make immediate impact? Oh, and how about that Madden curse?

People said that VY was going to struggle his junior year with the inexperienced WRs that Texas had at that time. They obviously didn't. It will be interesting to see what VY can do without the star CB/returnman/***** helping, and less experience at running back.

He's not on my favorite team, but Vince Young is not someone I would ever bet against.
Old 04-18-2007   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Well, obviously none of us know how the season will play out, but he wont have any weapons or an O-line to work with, unless the Titans make a lot of hay in the draft and whats left time wise, between now and the season.. They have been way too inactive this off-season...
Old 04-18-2007   #60
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 279120 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the old battle between the head and the heart.

As a Texans fanatic, I really dislike our opponents (especially Tennessee). My heart wants to say they all suck.

But my head, as an NFL fan, realizes that great players will be on teams that I hate. It was this way in the early 90's with the Cowboys. I hated that team, but man, I had nothing but respect for Aikman, Emmit, Moose, etc.

All this being said, I wish nothing but the worst for VY. But I know I never get what I wish, so it'll just have to be a wait-and-see long haul thing. May the curse of Madden permeate his sophomore year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read