Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-17-2007   #21
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Darn now that I know that I will have to change my predictions for this season, we might just beat the mighty homeboy twice!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #22
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The "Madden Curse" is kind of funny. I am not personally a believer, because there's no real concrete reason it should continue happening the way it does.

However, the Curse continues to happen, whether I believe it or not. So I guess we'll see.
Old 04-17-2007   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i was just informed that ladainian tomlinson was actually the first asked to be the madden cover boy but turned it down. i wonder if he's superstitious.
Old 04-17-2007   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a sneak peak at the cover:

Old 04-17-2007   #25
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
VY is going to struggle next year even if he wasnt on the cover. Saying the Titans havent done anything is an understatement.

Brown and Henry are gone so they have a 300 pound Lendale White so no running game.
Lost Bennett and Wade so a couple of unproven, young guys have to try and play.
Add that they also lost their #1 CB and best PR/KR for a minimum of 10 games and I'd say the Madden curse just got an early start this year.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #26
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

VY will accept any challenge and believes in his heart he can overcome anything. Never have met the guy, but that's what I have heard and read about him.

I find it rather amazing the guy just keeps getting better and better regardless of what the skeptics say. Yeah his mechanics are little different, but he just get it's done, and his way! Gotta love that!

BTW, infantrycak, I am a very loyal UT fan that went to both Rose Bowls. Even after the 2nd Rose Bowl I was skepitcal of VY in the NFL. A buddy that went to the game with me asked me the next day, "What does this guy have to do prove it to you?" I had no answer and ceased being a skeptic on VY playing in the NFL.

Bottom line, if there is a Madden curse, VY is the only guy that can break it in my opinion!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont' think Eddie George should qualify. He had his best year during his Madden cover. Fumbling the ball should not qualify as a jinx, because every player is going to make mistakes during a season, even the best of them (albeit the fumble was during the playoffs, but still, he suffered no injuries).

But the rest of the covers are some very intriguing coincidences.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #28
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool VY on next Madden Cover

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169244...stnews;title;2

Quote:
Though the official announcement wasn't due until later tonight, the cat is out of the bag: Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young is the cover athlete for this year's Madden NFL game. The honor was supposed to be revealed on tonight's episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, where the cover athlete is a surprise guest.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #29
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

LOL, sorry mods. Didn't associate the two threads. I thought he was screwed for a different reason
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #30
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
VY is going to struggle next year even if he wasnt on the cover. Saying the Titans havent done anything is an understatement.

Brown and Henry are gone so they have a 300 pound Lendale White so no running game.
Lost Bennett and Wade so a couple of unproven, young guys have to try and play.
The loss of PacMan is a huge thing too. He was the key to a number of their wins. He maybe makes the ProBowl if he isn't doing the repugnant human being thing.
Old 04-17-2007   #31
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Um, take Manning off that team and they win no ring. Your logic escapes you young vulcan.
If the Indy D that faced us was the same D that faced KC in round 1 or even the Bears in the Super Bowl, they would not have rings.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #32
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The loss of PacMan is a huge thing too. He was the key to a number of their wins. He maybe makes the ProBowl if he isn't doing the repugnant human being thing.
VY wasn't doing his magic every week, PacMan had a lot to do with the Titans' success.
Old 04-17-2007   #33
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
VY wasn't doing his magic every week, PacMan had a lot to do with the Titans' success.
Young was incredible on 3rd downs last year with 10 TD's (6 passing and 4 running) and a 64.6 first down conversion ratio, with five 20+ passing throws and 8.7 yards every time he took off running on 3rd down. That had as much to do with the Titan wins as anything pacman did.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #34
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Young was incredible on 3rd downs last year with 10 TD's (6 passing and 4 running) and a 64.6 first down conversion ratio, with five 20+ passing throws and 8.7 yards every time he took off running on 3rd down. That had as much to do with the Titan wins as anything pacman did.
I thought you watched every Titans game. Can you honestly say the Titans would have won 5 games without PacMan?
Old 04-17-2007   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought you watched every Titans game. Can you honestly say the Titans would have won 5 games without PacMan?
If your QB is nearly unstoppable on 3rd down...you are not going to lose too many games. The Titan defense gave up over 400 points. They were only one of two teams that gave up that insane amount of points.

Old 04-17-2007   #36
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
Add that they also lost their #1 CB and best PR/KR for a minimum of 10 games and I'd say the Madden curse just got an early start this year.
Yeah, that 10 game suspension is gonna hurt and I personally think it is stupid. I believe Henry is the one that has been convicted by the law and his punishment is less. PacMan has just been in the wrong place at the wrong time but has not been convicted of anything. "Innocent before proven guilty" is just a cool phrase I guess.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #37
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing like Titans love on a Texans board.

Young is still more a rb than a qb and with all the Titans loses, he will have to be a WR too.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #38
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That had as much to do with the Titan wins as anything pacman did.
Only the silly (like the media) would credit all the Titans' wins to VY and only the silly would credit them all to Pacman. Fact is both played well and poorly in some games and the team won and both had spectacular games where they made the difference. Take Pacman or VY off that team and replace them with Petey or Carr and they lose 2-3 games more either way.
Old 04-17-2007   #39
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Only the silly (like the media) would credit all the Titans' wins to VY and only the silly would credit them all to Pacman. Fact is both played well and poorly in some games and the team won and both had spectacular games where they made the difference. Take Pacman or VY off that team and replace them with Petey or Carr and they lose 2-3 games more either way.
The running game was pretty good as well, yet it never got any recognition.
Old 04-17-2007   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
The running game was pretty good as well, yet it never got any recognition.
Check out Henry's yards per attempt with Collins in the game...and then look at it with Young....an astounding difference.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read