Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2004   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
He needs to cut out referring to himself in the 3rd person though.

Yeah, that's a bit too close to sounding like the guy in the beer commercials. You know the ones where this one egotistical, self centered player blames everyone for his shortcomings. Not that Dunta does that, just that the whole third-person thing sounds just like the way this guy talks.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #22
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Ohhh, as soon as I start giving dunta some props, dunta goes off talking about how dunta needs to be in the probowl, dunta.

I hate the third person thing and the self promotion. So what he doesn't go one year, this guy is a star, and he will make it in the future
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #23
texansfan88
All Pro

I think he was joking about it. In the times I've talked with him, he's always been just a happy guy that feels he's blessed to be where he is.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #24
AndreJ
All Pro

Dunta, did not go out and make it a public issue as someone said earlier Gary Walker brung it up not him. All he said was "why argue with them. What more can i do. Vote for Dunta." It's not like when TO went out and self promoted himself at a press conference saying go to terellowens.com
Old 12-21-2004   #25
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Dunta, did not go out and make it a public issue as someone said earlier Gary Walker brung it up not him. All he said was "why argue with them. What more can i do. Vote for Dunta." It's not like when TO went out and self promoted himself at a press conference saying go to terellowens.com
Speaking of websites. It seems David Carr is into PC services on the side. Check it out @ http://www.davidcarr.com

P.S. I know its not our Carr....
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #26
Dime
Hall of Fame

Texans | Fast Fact: Dunta Robinson - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:32:57 -0800

Houston Texans CB Dunta Robinson is the only NFL player with at least six interceptions and three sacks this season, reports HoustonTexans.com.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #27
texansfan88
All Pro

and?????????
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #28
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

not sure if anyone pays attention to the CBS Sportsline player rankings but dunta finally passed up ed reed as the TOP defensive back according to them.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/player...gularseason/DB

Quote:
Rookie D-Rob bright spot for Texans

Dunta Robinson

He's had a terrific run in the last three weeks to help him overtake Ed Reed in the top spot in the latest rankings. He has three sacks, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.
is this important? i dunno but i like the love they are giving him compared to everyone else
Old 12-22-2004   #29
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hey, grid says that dunta robinson needs to go to the pro bowl, and grid also said that grid is just fine with talking in the third person. but grid also thinks that if dunta turns into an egomaniac there are plenty of people on grid's team.. i mean the texans.. that will kick dunta back into line.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

as gifted as Dunta is, this fact should not discount'ed - the value of having a mentor like Aaron Glenn. Dunta had the physical skills that was apparent in the beginning of the year but to be able to play the mind game in the NFL at the level he has arisen to a significant amount of credit has to go to Glenn. Glenn is an assest both on and off the field and I feel he's had more than a little something to do with Dunta's transformation into possibly the finest corner in the game in such a short span of time.

the game this weekend against J-ville will go a long way to cement Dunta's rookie season in the NFL. The Texans will be facing one of the brightest, strongest armed QB's in all the NFL in Leftwich and I'm sorry but Jimmy Smith does not get enough respect he is truely a great, clever & talented WR. This will be a true test of Duntas skill and Aarons mentoring.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #31
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

yah.. maybe when Glenn retires he will take a job as our cornerback coach
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #32
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
yah.. maybe when Glenn retires he will take a job as our cornerback coach
Wishful thinking
Old 12-22-2004   #33
jthetexan
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Hey, yes i know the pro bowl voting is over . But Dunta is a finalists for the Pepsi Rookie of the Week on NFL.com I just voted and he is tied for first place with Roy Williams. Go vote for our boy and lets give him his 1st Rookie of the Week Honors.
Now Eli is up 41% and Dunta is 20% users may vote 10x http://nfl.com/rookies/vote

Archie Manning is working hard on making sure Eli wins!!! A Manning hates to lose!!!
jthetexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #34
jthetexan
waterboy

Default Eli is kicking Dunta

Eli is up to 41% of Votes and Dunta is only 20%- you can vote 10x at http://nfl.com/rookies/vote

Go vote.....
jthetexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #35
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthetexan
Eli is up to 41% of Votes and Dunta is only 20%- you can vote 10x at http://nfl.com/rookies/vote

Go vote.....
Eli Manning??. .. He had a good week? .. Guess I missed it!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read