Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2004   #41
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

It's getting colder. Now the high has dropped a degree to 19.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #42
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Latest forecast is for 14-24 degree temp range and windy: wind-chill is gonna
be tough stuff. We got a Cal QB, Lou TB and top 2 receivers are from Fla.
Bears favored by 1 point with O/U @35-36. This will be much different than
playing in the cozy, warm confines of Reliant. Game is anything but a slam
dunk for us. I think I'm gonna be impressed if they can win it up there.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #43
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
This will be much different than
playing in the cozy, warm confines of Reliant.
Possible interpretation of this statement: The Texans will show up for the first quarter.

When we were getting set to watch the Jets game, some people around here hoped for a performance like we saw in Buffalo last year. I could go for that this weekend. Ugly wins are fine with me at this point!
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #44
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
It's getting colder. Now the high has dropped a degree to 19.

http://weather.wgntv.com/US/IL/Chicago.html?main=1

keep in mind the wind chill will be significant. the winds off Lake E-coli will be whipping. I went to the aquarium about a block away on Wed and it was horrible. I'm starting to wish for a retractable roof at Mothership Field.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #45
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cold, windy and snowing. Looks like we had better hope the o-line shows up and opens holes for DD because it will probably be a tough day to pass. If they show, I think we can win. If the line gets stuffed, it will be a LONG cold day in hell and we lose.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #46
bruenice
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan
Urlacher is out again. Thier O-line is horrid!! We can take this one. Is anyone coming up for the game. bring a heavy coat. 19 degree wind chill this morning, get ready.
Took me a couple of days to respond to this, but my family and myself will be making the trip up from Cincinnati for the game.
bruenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #47
lab_nerd
Rookie

i belive it will be EXTREMELY tough for the texans to win here in chicago...i love the texans...but if our d-line shows up to play like they should, it will turn into a defensive struggle...cause our offense aint goin nowhere!
lab_nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #48
DreamCatcher
Rookie

In these conditions DD could be in for another monster game and if the D keep the form that they showed against the Colts ,then a Texan victory is achievable.
Old 12-16-2004   #49
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetero doxy
if they don't beat the bears then capers will be fired. mcnair understands benchmarks like that.
I believe that Capers is safe at least through next year.
His co-ordinators may be on the hot seat though. I don't know if Capers would go to the wall for his co-ordinators or not.

BTW Do you watch the games. I can't recall you coming in after a game to comment on the execution, playcalling, gametime coaching decisions, ect. I for one would like to hear your take after the games are played. Maybe you have and I just missed it.

cac
Old 12-18-2004   #50
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans: 17
Bears : 20

If this game were in Reliant, I'd have us winning by 10.

Last edited by HJam72; 12-18-2004 at 12:59 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004   #51
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 23
Da Bears 16
Old 12-18-2004   #52
soldier field
Rookie

Bears 27

Texans 3
soldier field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004   #53
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier field
Bears 27

Texans 3
The Bears haven't held anyone to that few points all season and nobody has held us to that few points all season. There's no way it's gonna be that bad. Furthermore, the Bears have the worst offense in the NFL and we just held Indy to 23. The only reason we lose this game, by a small margin, is because we bite on the road.

Last edited by HJam72; 12-18-2004 at 08:26 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004   #54
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Texans 31 Bears 0
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004   #55
SESupergenius

"I'm Mr. Sharper Miser, I Mr. Won, I'm Mr. Sharper Miser I tackle everyone. They call me Sharper Miser, whatever I touch, starts melt in my clutch......I'm too much!"
Old 12-18-2004   #56
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
"I'm Mr. Sharper Miser, I Mr. Won, I'm Mr. Sharper Miser I tackle everyone. They call me Sharper Miser, whatever I touch, starts melt in my clutch......I'm too much!"
Um....... yeah interesting! I hope you're on our side.
Old 12-19-2004   #57
SESupergenius

uhhhhh, yeah ok. And I hope you are too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read