Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2004   #61
BullPenAndy
Rookie

Thanks for allowing me my opinion.
BullPenAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004   #62
ColtsFan in CA
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenAndy
Thanks for allowing me my opinion.
you are welcome

ColtsFan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #63
txhoosier
Veteran

i don't quite know how to respond...but I feel a need to respond here...

Fake audibles throw off the defense...just like the real ones do. A few years ago, the Colts were playing what then was a VERY good Oakland Raider team in Indy. Colts racked up monstrous #'s in the first half, but at halftime, the defense figured out his audibles...and shut them down in the 2nd half, winning the game on a field goal. His "fake" audibles have only become more important since that game.

In this game, with MILLIONS on the line (fans and $$) if your team isn't doing WHATEVER it can to win the game, then you are coming up short.

All of this is moot, though. If PM were the quarterback of the Texans, you would be eating this stuff up. You would have a Manning jersey, probably paint 18 on your face for game day, and carry his rookie card in your wallet.

Bottom line here is this. Your opinion REEKS of jealousy, and you have no reason to be jealous. Carr is a great QB, and once the right people are in there to get the mental part of his came honed, he will be mentioned in the same breath as the PM's Tom Brady's, Joe Montanas, etc...

Just my opinion about your opinion...
Old 12-14-2004   #64
wiley2002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhoosier
Bottom line here is this. Your opinion REEKS of jealousy, and you have no reason to be jealous. Carr is a great QB, and once the right people are in there to get the mental part of his came honed, he will be mentioned in the same breath as the PM's Tom Brady's, Joe Montanas, etc...
...and the Aikmans.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #65
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

First off get the Glue off of my thread. Yall dogfood wannbes can line up your day is coming. Now I have seen QB's get a false start call but not mr. I can't fumble, throw an interception, intentional ground a ball or get a penalty. As much as he moves around in the backfield it should be false start after false start but mr. Untouchable is immune.
Old 12-14-2004   #66
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan
First off get the Glue off of my thread. Yall dogfood wannbes can line up your day is coming. Now I have seen QB's get a false start call but not mr. I can't fumble, throw an interception, intentional ground a ball or get a penalty. As much as he moves around in the backfield it should be false start after false start but mr. Untouchable is immune.

wow joe ya confused me man ! oh well dont take much for that to happen
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #67
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiley2002
...and the Aikmans.
please forgive me for that omission.

I was actually going to say Staubach and Bradshaw, but I didn't know if everyone on this board would know who I was talking about.

Hey, Joe...did you call in to SportsRadio610 on Friday evening with a suggestion on how the Texans could win the game?
Old 12-14-2004   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhoosier
please forgive me for that omission.

I was actually going to say Staubach and Bradshaw, but I didn't know if everyone on this board would know who I was talking about.
Why is that? We have a ton of fans who were hard core Oiler fans in the 70's here. This may be an expansion team but this is a long time NFL city.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #69
txhoosier
Veteran

I am used to having a bunch of young 20 somethings around...

..add Bradshaw and Staubach to my list.

Oh, and before I forget...Luv ya blue!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read