Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2004   #21
LenMan
Rookie

So you think anyone who is not happy with the way the Texans are are performing is not a true fan? I am way over here in Germany and not buying tickets to the games, but I am still mad as hell when the Texans lose. I have suffered throughout the years with all the Houston teams...and have on many ocassions bad-mouthed the teams only to come back the next season and pull for them. The Texans have not improved from their innaugural season, in that they still make turnovers at the worst times and give up the big plays. (Cliche') Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose. So, they are in some closer games..but they are still losing. They have cut down on the sacks, however sacks are still allowed at the most crucial moments in a game. Drives are still being halted with penalties. It is all about the wins and losses. I don't want to hear about them being an expansion team, 3 years removed. If this team looks like this next year, there will be more Harry Bipeds complaining. And they will all be fans!! This fan is now pulling for a better position in next year's draft!
LenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #22
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think we have the following chances of winning each game:

at Chicago 60%
at Jacksonville 35-40%
Cleveland 75% (that team has packed it in)

I expect us to go 7-9 and possibly 6-10.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #23
Harry Biped
Rookie

Thanks Porky, you're absolutely right about what I was trying to say. Some on here would imply that because I have chosen the position that it is not a good value that makes me a bad fan, but that is not true. I have a closet full of Texans gear and have had season tickets since the day they went on sale. I've come to the conclusion, that in my current financial situation, with the Texans failing to deliver a quality product, my money would best be spent somewhere else. I don't know why those who don't understand that are so pompous as to think that they have a right to concern themselves with whether or not I retain my season tickets or should have the right to post on this website. It's not like they are the Texans welcoming committee anyway. It won't be long before the novelty of the games will wear off and those folks will stop caring about the Texans just like they did with the Oilers. I'll go on record once again and state that I am a huge Texans fan and it hurts me to see them not perform to the level that the organization is capable. If they don't make significant changes then I'll spend my money on the Astros and watch the Texans on TV.

Last edited by Harry Biped; 12-13-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Harry Biped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #24
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcolby
Let me get this straight: you picked them to get 5 or 6 wins, so they ARE performing to your expectations. What's your problem here?

We're dealing with a third year team that is dealing with turning that final corner that adolescent teams need to turn. The second youngest expansion team, the BROWNS have been around since 1999 and they don't have a CLUE when they are going to get to where we are, buddy. That one playoff game they got was a fluke. We're doing great compared to other 3rd year franchises.

Glen
No. Only compared to one. The Browns. And might I remind you who drafted that junk heap of a team they have, Chris Palmer. The Jags and Panthers were in the playoffs their 2nd year.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
No. Only compared to one. The Browns. And might I remind you who drafted that junk heap of a team they have, Chris Palmer. The Jags and Panthers were in the playoffs their 2nd year.
in all fairness (to your hatred of Chris Palmer) he had a week or 2 to get his staff assembled before the draft... That is impossible.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #26
Harry Biped
Rookie

The Texans had their staff in place an entire year before they made their 1st draft pick.
Harry Biped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #27
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

and teams didn't know the "ART" of free agency yet and how to keep their good players when Jacksonville and Carolina came in
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #28
gcolby
Veteran

Plus JAcksonville and Carolina loaded up on aging veterans. After the first two years, they cratered (Carolina) or put themselves into salary cap hell (Jags).
gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #29
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thank you Kansas City...

For keeping us out of last place for one more week!
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #30
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
For keeping us out of last place for one more week!
As someone pointed out above, even if TN had won last night, the Texans would not have been in last place since they beat TN head-to-head this year twice and have a better division record 3-2 v. 1-5.
Old 12-14-2004   #32
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Wow.... That went OT

Ok, trying to get back on topic.

I've been a fan since the Dallas game in 02. I lived in Ohio, born and raised. No idea I was going to move to Texas.

I get sad when we lose on Sundays. I got to as many games as I can hoping every day for a win.

So yeah, I can see season ticket holders wanting to not pay that much for losing seasons.

On the flip side...

I HAVE seen marked improvment. We have the talent. We have the drive. We have the desire.

Being a young team, we often get too excited and fail to gel. And it's those games (or halves) where everything clicks, and we play like the team we should, that make me proud I'm a Texans fan.

So the question isn't what do we do in the draft, who do we blame, etc- it's how do we play Texans football all year long?

As for playoffs- we're a long term team. It might take us a bit longer than other expansion teams to get there, but we're not gonna' crash the year after.

My thoughts :-)
Proud to be a new member to the message board.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #33
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Hell I'll take a ticket, and I don't care if it is a game where they win or loose. I'm stuck at FT. Campbell,ky where all they show is the d a m n Tennesee Traitors loose close game(HE!HE!). Just like last season I'll will be in Iraq and miss the 2005 season, and not get to see my Texans beat the Titans or the Colts next year. My last sweet memory before this season was when the Texans beat the dreadful Steeler's 24-6 with only 47 yards of offense, and there are alot of Steeler fans in the Army. You can bet that I gave them hell.
1.GOD
2.Family
3.Country
4Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Big Sarge, I used to work in Clarksville (used to eat at some down home steakhouse up there in Ft Cambell all the time) and hooked up a lot of you guys with auto loans up there. You are certainly deep in Titanville.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #35
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
Ok, trying to get back on topic.

I've been a fan since the Dallas game in 02. I lived in Ohio, born and raised. No idea I was going to move to Texas.

I get sad when we lose on Sundays. I got to as many games as I can hoping every day for a win.

So yeah, I can see season ticket holders wanting to not pay that much for losing seasons.

On the flip side...

I HAVE seen marked improvment. We have the talent. We have the drive. We have the desire.

Being a young team, we often get too excited and fail to gel. And it's those games (or halves) where everything clicks, and we play like the team we should, that make me proud I'm a Texans fan.

So the question isn't what do we do in the draft, who do we blame, etc- it's how do we play Texans football all year long?

As for playoffs- we're a long term team. It might take us a bit longer than other expansion teams to get there, but we're not gonna' crash the year after.

My thoughts :-)
Proud to be a new member to the message board.

well welcome to the message board, and as you can see there are some of us fans who look at the team as (glass half full, and some half empty) i say the glass is 3/4 full. And it wont be long to we're a force to be reckoned with !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read