Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2004   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think play calling is our problem right now. We can't throw deep. We can't protect Carr against 4 down linemen. I don't know how good Palmer is, but we didn't lose to Indy because of him or Capers. It took guts to keep going with DD in that game (the rushing, I mean) and we did better than most impartial people would have thought.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, in the second half I thought "Damn! Why are they still trying to run Davis when clearly the Colts have adjusted to that and are now shutting him down" but honestly it's not like we were really able to do anything else in the second half.

With Davis running effectively we weren't able to find open recievers downfield and with Davis held in check we still weren't able to find open recievers downfield. Carr had no time to work with. The zone blocking scheme many of us have been complaining about is starting to look like it's going to come together before the Texans master the art of pass protection.

The o-line has to improve or we're at an impasse. We can apparently run some now but running alone isn't going to win games. It'll eat clock and keep games close but it's not enough.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems the trend is for a defensive coordinator against the Texans is let Carr do the work of taking our playmaker out of the game. What I mean is let DD touch the ball instead of AJ. DD had a good game and seems when he has a good game we end up losing the game (this season). When we spread the ball and DD doesn't get as many touches we play alot better.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #24
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Let's compare (1st number 2003, 2nd number 2004) ...
Very informative. Thanks for the effort.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #25
JaguarsFan1
Rookie

I remember when Palmer was the OC for the Jguars. I also seem to remember the offense being in or near the top. Maybe its the execution of the plays and not the play calling.
JaguarsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read