Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2004   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
He got 190 total yards and we lost because teams will be happy to give Davis 190 yards. Do you not think that if the Colts wanted to stop Davis, they would bring people up to the line??? They didnt bring people up on the line because they wanted Davis to carry the load, they werent scared of him. I dont think I will find one person on this board, including yourself Beastly and TexansTrueFan, who would say that the 190 yards Julius Jones got last week wasnt a different 190 yards that Davis got. Jones' 190 got safties creeping to the line and allowed Keyshawn-freaking-Johnson to catch a 40 TD pass, Davis' 190 yards didnt allow AJ to get free deep. Of the 6 games where Davis has touched the ball 30 times, we are 0-6. The 3 times that Julius Jones has had 30 touches in a game, the Cowboys are 2-1 with the lone loss against the Ravens. Davis will produce but his producing doesnt make defensive coordinators lose sleep. Opposing coaches think everytime Davis touches the ball instead of AJ is a plus. I dont think I have seen a CB jump on a play action fake to Davis all year long.

Yes, DD got 190 yards. 62 of those yards were on dump off passes, because Carr couldn't find a real receiver. Why? Because the O-line couldn't protect him long enough. It's true. They love for DD to get the ball ON PASS PLAYS. I don't know if DD is the real deal or not. I'm just not sure. What I do know is that our O-line is a much, much bigger problem. Handoffs to DD should happen often and are a good thing. Passes to DD should be embarrassing to the O-line (and sometimes Carr, who just can't FIND the open receiver at this point). SHAME, SHAME!!!

If DD always played the way he did today, this team SHOULD win A LOT of big games, but it's not his fault that he's our #1 receiver. He doesn't even want that job.

"I dont think I have seen a CB jump on a play action fake to Davis all year long."

Yeah, that's because DD has had a bad year, for the most part. Like I said, I still don't know what to think about him. But, today it was absolutely not DD's fault that we lost. Anytime he RUNS well, it's not his fault that he is also the #1 receiver.

Last edited by HJam72; 12-12-2004 at 10:23 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read