Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2004   #21
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Complaining about it is quite another. Derrick Mason was just the beginning.

How do you know that? Because after 22 regular home games one guy from a team that lost complains and he's all of a sudden just the beginning? They may switch to field turf in the next few years, but it won't be because of Derrick Mason.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
How do you know that? Because after 22 regular home games one guy from a team that lost complains and he's all of a sudden just the beginning?
Well, if we don't hear anymore complaints about the turf, then you'll be right. I wouldn't put money on it if I were you though. I've heard way too many 'comments' about brown patches, green paint, and green mud, and its two weeks later in the month of December.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #23
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Complaints or not, the field looks horrible. Bring on the FieldTurf and make the end zones blue like they were in year one. That looked awesome.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Well, if we don't hear anymore complaints about the turf, then you'll be right. I wouldn't put money on it if I were you though. I've heard way too many 'comments' about brown patches, green paint, and green mud, and its two weeks later in the month of December.
And if people are complaining, especially players, it is freakin pathetic. Like fields looked perfect in the classic days of football when folks actually played in the rain/snow? Only a few stadiums like that now and recovering from a rain game can take a long time. Seems pretty silly for them to complain now when all they have to complain about is less than absolutely ideal turf.
Old 12-08-2004   #25
jhawktx
Rookie

Derrick Mason is a %$^#& Tennessee Titan. The more he complains the better I like it.
jhawktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #26
number1stunner
Rookie

I don't think Reliant will ever go to the field turf surface because of the Houston Livestock and Rodeo. Once that fieldturf is in place you can't remove it like astroturf. Those cows and horses can't run on fieldturf like they can dirt.
number1stunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #27
profan
Veteran

Generally, you find losers complaining about thr turf. How teams that came in here and won this year have complained about the turf? I say keep the grass and start watering now for the indy game.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1stunner
I don't think Reliant will ever go to the field turf surface because of the Houston Livestock and Rodeo. Once that fieldturf is in place you can't remove it like astroturf. Those cows and horses can't run on fieldturf like they can dirt.
Why couldn't you create trays of the Field Turf product and just keep doing what you're doing for the rodeo? Plus with trays of Field Turf you wouldn't have to spread them all out so they could get some sunlight? You could stack them in a smaller space until they're needed again.

Whether the surface is bad to play on or not the fact that it looks terrible remains. On it's own though it doesn't appear to be reason enough to go with Field Turf.

The Texans and Reliant Stadium are fighting a losing battle. They're doing everything in their power to avoid the reality of the situation which is basically that the field is always going to look like **** if they keep the grass. It was nice to see them attempt this and I don't knock them for wanting to do everything "all out" but it's a failure. simple as that. With one quick decision they could take the only part of Reliant Stadium that's not perfect and fix it but they insist on trying to make this work.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #29
dan7
Veteran

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1stunner
Qwest Field in Seattle installs grass over its "Field Turf" surface anytime a soccer team plays there; I see no reason why Reliant Stadium couldn't do the same thing for the Rodeo events.
Old 12-12-2004   #30
ColtsFreak2004
Rookie

Quote:
Generally, you find losers complaining about thr turf. How teams that came in here and won this year have complained about the turf? I say keep the grass and start watering now for the indy game.
I wondered who would suggest this...LOL

I figured the field was already being soaked...probably since last sunday night! LOL

ColtsFreak2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #31
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

As if Seth Wand had enough problems against Dwight Freeney. Replay the tape of Freeney's sack on Carr in the 4th quarter. Take a look at Wand's skid marks on that turf as he's trying to keep traction.

And you say those turf conditions only hurt the other team?

Yeah.

Right!
Old 12-12-2004   #32
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Once he skidded backwards and wound up on his knees and another he slid and wound up on his backside. Very poor footing. Why we didn't get him some help is beyond me. I saw a back out there once and he just ran around Freeny who then just took off towards Carr.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #33
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Does anyone wonder why they are watering down the field before the games?

I'd kill to get Seth Wand's honest opinion what he thought of the footing out there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read