Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Manning breaking Marino's record against us?
Yes, we get smoked 39 76.47%
Yes, but we win anyway so who cares. 3 5.88%
No, but we lose against a running game 6 11.76%
the 3's: CB's with 3 INT's, LB's with 3 sacks - we win. 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2004   #21
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopes are not high for this game. Maybe if they keep it close, like he only throws 4 touchdowns instead of 5 we can be a little satisfied.

Would be ashame if one of those big fat o-linemen rolled up Paytons leg. Just kidding, don't want to put the hex on Theism... er... I mean Manning.

Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

5 touchdowns? Nah, I don't think he'll get it against the Texans, but he might. I don't see any way possible that we will win that game, though. Indy gets at least 30 points in that game and we'll be lucky to get 25. 45 to 10 is more like it, with 3 or 4 touchdown passes.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This weeks stats don't show the one littel glimmer of hope we have of winning this game. Even though he didn't rush for 100 yards against the Jets, Domanick Davis pretty much did if they don't wipe th 60 yard TD away with a crappy holding call. As a matter of fact, Davis did start to show his seasons improvement against the Colts ( I think he ran for like 98 yards that game).

The Colts loss to the Jags earlier this year and much of it had to do with Taylor's running. If we are to win this game it means we have to put up a very good running game early. Not to establish play action, but to keep the chains moving and Peyton on the sideline. I believe we can run the ball much better this week and win this game that way. Getting into a scoring match will be way out of our league at this time with Indy. Most of all our D needs to just crash the LOS all day. Who cares if that leaves people in single coverage. It is going to happen even if we drop back our LBs so might as well do something to tick Payton off and hit him at all cost.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #24
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

He throws 3 against us and breaks the record the next week. As for us winning or losing, we play alot better at home, but if we let the colts jump out like with did the titans, it will be almost impossible to catch up because their offense will just keep scoring. We are going to have to out score at least 30 to have a shot at beating them.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #25
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
This weeks stats don't show the one littel glimmer of hope we have of winning this game. Even though he didn't rush for 100 yards against the Jets, Domanick Davis pretty much did if they don't wipe th 60 yard TD away with a crappy holding call. As a matter of fact, Davis did start to show his seasons improvement against the Colts ( I think he ran for like 98 yards that game).

The Colts loss to the Jags earlier this year and much of it had to do with Taylor's running. If we are to win this game it means we have to put up a very good running game early. Not to establish play action, but to keep the chains moving and Peyton on the sideline. I believe we can run the ball much better this week and win this game that way. Getting into a scoring match will be way out of our league at this time with Indy. Most of all our D needs to just crash the LOS all day. Who cares if that leaves people in single coverage. It is going to happen even if we drop back our LBs so might as well do something to tick Payton off and hit him at all cost.
You hit the nail on the head here. Clock management is the key...if you let PM and company get into a groove, there's trouble. DD is going to have to run, and run all day long.

I am a Colts fan, but I like the T's as well. (Just not this Sunday...)
Old 12-06-2004   #26
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Well i guess all our expectations for this team were high....Yes they have soo much talent but the overall picture is they have been playing teams with good records who as much as we hate to admit are better then us....Their a young team with much to learn yet and i look forward to next year being a stronger and better team then this year....At least now i'm just going to watch the rest of their games without automatically expecting them to win because its just too disappointing when they don't....Not to mention the sick nervous feeling i always get before their games...lol... Hey, i'd love it as much as everyone else if they won the rest of their games, but realistically they are playing tough teams all the way till the end....Gosh i sure wish they had the Patriots schedule for the rest of the season, talk about an easy schedule....GEEEZZZ, could they have made it any easier for them???
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #27
PlanoColt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Manning's not going to throw 5 TDs in Reliant. He never has, he never will because the Texan fans will never let him stand at the line & audible for 20 seconds. If the Texans can find a way to slow down the Colt pass rush, they'll be in this game.
if he can have close to a perfect passing game and throw TD's at arrowhead stadium, then he can do it at reliant. crowd noise does not bother the colts at all.

that being said, I don't think he'll throw 5.. he may throw 3 or 4 though.

Last edited by PlanoColt; 12-07-2004 at 09:33 AM.
PlanoColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #28
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
The Colts will completely maul the Texans next week and honestly, they should be able to handle the Texans. If they are for real then the Texans should be just one more speed bump on the way for them. I think they are and I think we will be.

And the Texans don't have 4 quarters of focused mistake free football in them. No way they are capable of holding anything together long enough to beat the Colts. They'll be lucky if the Colts don't hang another 40 on them.

WOW man all season long we have been nothing but positive and now just cause 1) we've got blown out a few time 2) we cant play 4 quarters of FBall 3) Our O-Line sucks 4) Our D-Line sucks 5) And our coaches are conservative you lose hope, Whats the deal with that ???????
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #29
coltsrule
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton2marvin
If Manning does not get 5 td's next week, it will have NOTHING to do with the fans. He has'nt be rattled by crowd noise all year, the audibles are made with hand signals anyway so i dont understand how the crowd can stop that.
besides, We have 2 home games following yours; Baltimore and San Diego. I am sure Manning and management would rather he break them at home and get extra little boost in those games. I predict manning will get 3 on this weekend, 34-21 Colts; In a ho - Hum game. The record falls the next week and he goes one to throw 58 total.

Your team has prospects, don't give up the ship yet!
coltsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #30
coltsfreeney93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I was saying it over a week ago in another thread in the NFL forum and I'm still saying it. Sack Manning. If you can't bring the pressure you're going to lose bad. I'd keep coming with the blitz until he's having trouble finding his way to the huddle. Overload the line, expect to be burned a few times for doing it, and put his butt on the ground. Just let Peek run wild. Give him the start and tell him that he's got to put the smack on Peyton.

And even if we do get to him we're going to lose if the offense shows up with it's usual lousy performance.

That's good theory..but to actually put that to work is a whole other ballgame. The offensive line is one of the most dominate in the league (7 sacks given up all year..number 7 coming from a bad snap by a first time center last sunday against the titans..so really you are looking at 6 legit sacks). And to blitz Peyton all the time would be signing a death wish..just ask Green Bay. Peyton has the quickest release in football..so getting pressure is very difficult. He can audible the plays to match perfectly to counter your blitz efforts.

Here's to a good game...and hopefully the Texans players are mature enough to not want to purposely injure anyone. That would really put a damper on the respect your up and coming team has. Injury free on both sides!
coltsfreeney93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read