Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2007   #21
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Ok, don't laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
but I have not seen this suggestion anywhere (and maybe that should tell me something). David Carr has had his bell rung like few QBs ever. The words shell shock are routinely used. Ok, so why should not psychological counseling be a suggestion? Would it allow him to over come "bad habits" that have been mentioned? Build his confidence? Would it alleviate the post traumatic shock? Would the union allow it? Would Carr agree to go or could he be forced to? Probably a million reasons why this would not work, but it popped in the old computer like brain of mine & I said "well why the heck not?"
Hey maybe Bob Mcnair could set up an appointment with Dr Phil and go on his show to discuss the situation.......Then Dr. Phil can figure out what is wrong with Davey.
Old 02-10-2007   #22
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
I disagree. I can't remember that many times when DC had his "bell rung". With the newer rules, the NFL has protected the QB to a point where a hard hit is seldom seen compared to how it used to be years ago.
Aikman was hit hard and frequently. Carr, no. Just sacked often, and many of those sacks are just Carr tripping over his own feet or assuming the fetal position as the D approaches.
Or running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage...

I think David should definitely try counseling if he hasn't already, but I don't want the Texans spending another $12 million to see if such an experiment works.
Old 02-10-2007   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it would help at all and here's why:

I picture Carr sitting there listening to the occasional comment by a psychiatrist who he knows would run for his life, screaming like a girl, if he had NFL defensive linemen and linebackers chasing his butt. Furthermore, they have a tendency to listen a lot, say, "Talk more," occasionally, and then occasionally make some kind of comment that makes the patient think, "Well, duh....no kidding, Sherlock," or "You know I can't do that. You just know that I also can't sit here and say that I can't do that."

Talk--irritating waste of time, that might make you feel better for like 2 hours.

Meds--always, ALWAYS have side effects. Some of them might take years, but then you liver is permanently ruined. Meds are never the answer, unless you are really crazy and, therefore, don't have a choice anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #24
abbest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATHANHALE View Post
...when all things are considered with real people in the real world who do their best to make ends meet and provide for their families, this post IMO is really sad.................
The only help Carr needs is packing!
abbest is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read