Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2004   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
At some point you have to pick up great players. Yes the Texans would like to just get "good guys", but the fact is, that some of the "bad guys" are more talented than your "good guy."
You could say that, but then you look at a team like the Patriots.

They, as a team (players and all), would not let anyone get a big head or over-inflated ego. They truly buy into the TEAM concept as opposed to the individual-great-players-together pov. Listening to interviews with the Patriot players, they just don't let anyone get bigger than the team.

Personally, I think the Texans look at a LOT more than just talent when they evaluate a player, and that is fantastic.

Even tho' T.O. is all that, I wouldn't trade him for A.J. and his future potential.

T.O. - Mr. Mouth - is about ego - HIS.

A.J. - Mr. Quiet - is about the team.

Teams win, and individuals lose....(most of the time!)

Old 12-03-2004   #22
twinjetfan
Rookie

Ricky is a kind of person that you will never want to know. He doesn't even deserve to play any kind of football again. He is a HUGE mental case.

Here is a recent picture of him:

Old 12-03-2004   #23
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Ricky looks alot like Earl Campbell with that beard. Too bad he doesn't act more like Earl.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #24
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
For those people who want a franchise back without paying a franchise price... Ricky Williams is available

ROFL IS AN UNDERSTATMENT
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #25
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Ricky looks alot like Earl Campbell with that beard. Too bad he doesn't act more like Earl.

Just mentioning Earl Campbell in the same sentence with RW is sacrelidge.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #26
GeauxTexans
Rookie

Williams does not want to play anymore (or so he says this week) any team that even thinks of dealing with this weirdo is desperate (see the Bears and the Jeff George signing)
Old 12-03-2004   #27
GeauxTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Just mentioning Earl Campbell in the same sentence with RW is sacrelidge.
amen, they do not belong on the same page much less the same sentence.
Old 12-04-2004   #28
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I also disagree with the idea that he's minus the franchise price. he may be a headcase, but the Dolphins aren't going to give him up for nothing. There will be at LEAST a few teams willing to bid for him.

It's just not worth it. Although admittedly, it'd be interesting to actually have a running back who doesn't get hurt every single game....
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004   #29
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
I also disagree with the idea that he's minus the franchise price. he may be a headcase, but the Dolphins aren't going to give him up for nothing. There will be at LEAST a few teams willing to bid for him.

It's just not worth it. Although admittedly, it'd be interesting to actually have a running back who doesn't get hurt every single game....

I have to disagree.. Look at umm.... oh crud... I cant think of his name. Someone help me out here... He WAS on the Cowboys until he went on suicide watch or something... (his name on the tip of my tongue and I cant say it). He wasnt as good as ricky per say, but his value dropped like a brick. Sigh.. Can someone help me out with his name, its going to drive me nuts now.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Dimitrius Underwood
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #31
kuno
Rookie

Dom Capers will never let a guy like Williams play for him.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #32
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboysGal
Why not just save the grief and sign one of the decent FA RB's that will be available this offseason, ie. Lamont Jordan, Shaun Alexander, Anthony Thomas, Rudi Johnson, etc.? MIN also might make Michael Bennett available in a trade, same with STL with Marshall Faulk, and KC with Larry Johnson.
I wish we could get Shaun Alexander away from Seattle.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #33
georgewashington
Veteran

Alexander would be good, but Lamont Jordan is an animal. Thats the kind of back this team needs, and he would be at less of a cost than other FAs. The guy is quick, adn built like a wall. We need a guy that can move, but then get yards after the contact is made. The Edge wont be here, if the bengals were smart they would resign Rudi, Alexander will cost too much, Henry gets hurt too much, Ricky is always on the wacky tobaccy, so I say Jordan.
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #34
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I still like D Davis....Get a better O-line and then watch him....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read