Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2004   #41
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
See this is what happens when you try throw a little humor out there! Just so you know...I have a great deal of appreciation for the big'uns. I freely admit that nothing positive will happen on either side of the ball without solid line play.
Okay. I didn't get that you were trying to be funny. It is hard to pick up the sarcasm and humor sometimes on the internet.

TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #42
clandestin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
His body composition may be radically different from his last year of College but let me tell ya, there is no humanly way possible to gain 30 pounds of pure muscle mass in one “off-season”. I’m sure that Wand is likely reconfigured his weight distribution over the last year of training, but its just not possible to do something like this since December.

By 'last year' I'm guessing they mean a year ago not last season. 30lbs of muscle is a lot, but keep in mind that the guy is 6'7 325 so there's some proportions to take into account, sounds a lot more reasonable if you describe it as cutting body fat by 9%. He also hadn't spent much time in the weight room at all during his college career (hence the 20 reps on the bench at the combine.) A full year in a NFL quality strength program is exactly what wand needed and it sounds like he took advantage of it. IF wand starts I'm fully prepared to deal with some growing pains in 2004, but I think the upgrade at LG will balance out the equation.

I think that the plans to let babin, wand, and robinson start, as well as the coleman move shows that management is looking to build a winning franchise not just a playoff team
clandestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #43
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4940 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wand #1 on depth chart at LT

I read on espn today that Seth Wand the LT project the Texans drafted last year in the third round has been inserted at LT and Pitts moved to LG. The coaches are happy with his progress and feel at this time putting him at LT puts the best 5 O-linemen on the field. I hope this actually works out and the guy becomes a solid starter. He is huge but he would be a great find if the Texans can polish him. Its good to see one of the O-line draft picks working out.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #44
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

J-man, the move of Wand to LT and Pitts to LG, if successful, opens up Palmer's play book. All of it. Being a fromer pretty boy, you should know what that means. Pitts moving around the corner with DD behind him on a counter would be home run territory. Pitts on the edge in front of a screen play would wreak havoc on defenses. Pitts is a very good athelete who blocks well in space. He did not have the optimum foot speed to be a dominate LT. But, the fact that he Made the move from LG to LT out of college and did a better than servicable jop, tells me that he could be an awesome LG. He could be an all pro Left gaurd. We'll see. So if some of us are a little pumped over the move, forgive us.
JMHO, you would be wise to take anything Irving says with a grain of salt.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #45
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Pitts is a very good athelete who blocks well in space. He did not have the optimum foot speed to be a dominate LT. But, the fact that he Made the move from LG to LT out of college and did a better than servicable jop, tells me that he could be an awesome LG. He could be an all pro Left gaurd. We'll see. So if some of us are a little pumped over the move, forgive us.
If I'm not mistaken (and I may be, I frequently find I am) Pitts was a LT in college but was projected to play G for the Texans. He only got the LT job when Boss couldn't go. Pitts grew into it but it was the position he played in college. The transition will be to G and I think he'll make a great one.
Old 05-27-2004   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

You are correct Herv. This will be Pitts first work at Guard.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read