Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2004   #21
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Yeah, it started with what the Texans thought would be a late second ...
bold mine.

More than what "the Texans thought," I believe that the NFL at the time of the supplimental draft considered it a late 2nd round pick ... so did Hollings agent, who I believe settled for late 2nd round money.

The way I look at it, the Dealer was showing a 6 and I had 17. I didn't take a card. What the rest of the players at the table do after that, or what the next card is doesn't affect my decision as to whether I did the right thing ... the Texans took a chance to have Hollings learning their system in 2003, with the second 4th round pick from 2002 draft, that they had parlayed into a late 2nd round pick in 2004.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

There is not a RB around today that would look good with the O-line we have right now. They just aren't doing their job, and I do not think they are the right personel for the new zone blocking that has been implemented this year. (who's decision was that, anyway?)

That being said, it'll be interesting to see how Hollings does with the poor line performance. If he can make something happen, just imagine what he could do given a consistent line.

Personally, I wish we'd get a bruiser that just carries defenders with him as he busts through the middle. I get tired of seeing our RB go down with the first hit.
Old 11-26-2004   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Clone Earl Campbell. Start working on it now and we might have a viable running threat by the time the offensive line learns how to block using the zone scheme.

And none of this 1/8 actual size stuff. I don't want "Mini-Earl". I want the real thing!
Old 11-26-2004   #24
GeauxTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Clone Earl Campbell. Start working on it now and we might have a viable running threat by the time the offensive line learns how to block using the zone scheme.

And none of this 1/8 actual size stuff. I don't want "Mini-Earl". I want the real thing!
Like the idea but there is only one Earl Campbell
GeauxTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTexans
Like the idea but there is only one Earl Campbell
Then we start working on an "Age Reduction Serum" to bring him back. I wonder though.....don't the Saints still have his rights? Either way that will probably also take less time than the 0-line takes to master the zone blocking scheme.

And yeah that was a zero and not an "o" in "0-line". It stands for "zero blocking".
Old 11-26-2004   #26
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I saw Campbell a couple of years ago and he could barely walk. It was pretty sad. Note to RB's: if you want to walk when your 50, run out of bounds every now and then.
Old 11-26-2004   #27
GeauxTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Then we start working on an "Age Reduction Serum" to bring him back.

Quote:
I wonder though.....don't the Saints still have his rights?
I had forgotten that, what a sad way for one of the greatest to end their career.

Quote:
Either way that will probably also take less time than the 0-line takes to master the zone blocking scheme. And yeah that was a zero and not an "o" in "0-line". It stands for "zero blocking".
GeauxTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #28
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

What happened to Hollings?
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #29
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I think I heard on the radio after the game he was injured on special teams play... not 100% sure on that.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #30
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Does it matter i was pretty happy with Davis today, showed he still has his quick fett and can still make people mis in the open field ! Maybe this is waht Davis needed to get going again !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #31
Houston Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I think I already know what we have in Hollings. He's a guy with questionable durability who seems to need a bigger hole than Davis does when running between the tackles. He's a long strider with decent hands who does well when attacking the outside but he has poor vision and cutback ability when running inside. And yes, I can say that even though the guy only has 56 regular season touches over two seasons.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think we gambled...and lost. No harm in rolling the dice, but I'm confident he's not the franchise or workhorse back.
Houston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #32
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I found where Capers said he pulled a Hamstring.....
Old 11-28-2004   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I found where Capers said he pulled a Hamstring.....
Was that while putting on his pants or pulling up his sock? If it was the sock injury again then I say they don't let him wear any socks for the rest of the season and maybe not until training camp if need be. Those nagging sock-donning injuries take a long time to heal up properly and maybe if we start rehabbing it now then it'll get better in time for next years training camp.
Old 11-28-2004   #34
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Herv you are just plain bad.................

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read