Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2007   #41
MrMeToo
All Pro

Default Re: Vince Young AP Offensive ROY

Congrats to Vince.He deserved it.
Old 01-03-2007   #42
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
This coming from the 49ers fan who probably didn't even watch Vince play. And since why does it matter what his passing stats are? Isn't scrambling just as good? Why does it matter how you get the yards?
So since Vick ran for 1,000 yards he is as good as Tom Brady............? It doesn't matter how you get the yards, right?

Quote:
...Good luck with Alex Smith. Vince Young is miles ahead of him. You're just jealous.
Ummmm, ok? Alex Smith was in his first year in our system this year just like VY with a different supporting cast than his rookie year, and he is younger that Vince. So I am not sure who is ahead of who.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #43
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Ummmm, ok? Alex Smith was in his first year in our system this year just like VY with a different supporting cast than his rookie year, and he is younger that Vince. So I am not sure who is ahead of who.
VY > Alex Smith...and you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #44
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
LOL, now THAT is a good joke. Michael Vick is a poor man's Vince Young.
Why? Michael Vick is currently a better passer and runner.

I am not saying Vince Young is the next Michael Vick, because I really do not know how much he improves his passing. When I made the comparison I was talking about now.

Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 01-03-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2007   #45
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We could have had both ROYs if Carr remembered Daniels in the second half of the season.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #46
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

VY does some things better than Vick....him and Vick aren't really the same type of QB's.
Old 01-03-2007   #47
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
VY > Alex Smith...and you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!
I wasn't saying Alex Smith is better, just that making the point that he was playing in a system that was new to him also.

Time should tell what QB's come out on top of the 2005 and 2006 NFL Draft Classes. But right now it is too soon.
Old 01-03-2007   #48
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
We could have had both ROYs if Carr had not been signed back and we drafted Vince

I think that's what you meant to say.
Old 01-03-2007   #49
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that's what you meant to say.
Nope. Daniels was a great red zone threat, but then Carr regressed and stopped throwing to the TE. We would have easily beaten the Titans if Carr hadn't regressed so much.
Old 01-03-2007   #50
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

good job vince

i like that both rookies of the year were southern boys

keep doin your thing
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #51
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Yes that is exactly what I meant to say. Daniels was a great red zone threat, but Vince Young is GOD. We would have easily beaten the Titans if Carr hadn't been signed in the offseason, and we had VY.
I agree 100%
Old 01-03-2007   #52
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

blah bs award... should have been colston, or even hester. I am so tired of this "VY is the reason they win, he just knows how to win" yeah... that time his defense scored all those touchdowns...and all those interceptions he threw...and those fumbles he had... all winning moves... yes he did torch us in overtime, and I do think he will be a good player in this league for years to come, but I think there were more deserving players. As a pure quarterback after watching leinart I think Leinart had a better season than young... but young has "it"...this "it" crap. Hey everyone let me tell you, I dominate in pickup basketball, I never lose... Texans should sign me, I have "it". Give me a break...
Old 01-03-2007   #53
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
I agree 100%
Titans' OL and running game are not the same as the Texans'.
Old 01-03-2007   #54
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
blah bs award... should have been colston, or even hester. I am so tired of this "VY is the reason they win, he just knows how to win" yeah... that time his defense scored all those touchdowns...and all those interceptions he threw...and those fumbles he had... all winning moves... yes he did torch us in overtime, and I do think he will be a good player in this league for years to come, but I think there were more deserving players. As a pure quarterback after watching leinart I think Leinart had a better season than young... but young has "it"...this "it" crap. Hey everyone let me tell you, I dominate in pickup basketball, I never lose... Texans should sign me, I have "it". Give me a break...
Don't forget a 60yd field goal that Vince did not kick.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #55
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Drew deserved it more IMO .. great season by him eventhough he is a jag ... CBS was calling him a little Earl Campbell. how's that comparison..
try this one...............MJD took a 12-4 team to an 8-8 record with all his accomplishments............VY took a 4 win team who started 0-5 to 8-8.................with the worst D in the league...............THAT IS WHY HE WON IN LANDSLIDE FASHION

and for the braindead folks putting VY in Vicks class............read Rick Gosselin column today..............he is the most respected NFL writer in this country.............

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsl...n.6f005d6.html

Remember the Titans in 2007

07:24 PM CST on Tuesday, January 2, 2007

If you like statistics, you aren't going to like the Tennessee Titans.

They finished dead last in the NFL in defense this season, allowing an AFC-high 400 points. They also finished 27th in offense with a rookie quarterback who wound up as the 30th most efficient passer in the NFL.

But I'm more excited about the future of the Titans right now than any other team in the NFL.

Start with the fact a young, franchise quarterback is in place. His numbers aren't pretty – Vince Young threw more interceptions (13) than touchdowns this season (12) and had a couple of real flat tires, passing for fewer than 100 yards in three of his 13 starts.

But Young did what he does best – what he did so well at Texas. He wins. Young engineered four fourth-quarter victories and another in overtime on the way to an 8-5 record as a starter. He beat playoff teams Philadelphia, the Giants and Indianapolis on successive weekends during one late-season stretch.

In my draft preparations last spring, I thought Young would take at least year to figure out the NFL game. I was wrong. His intangibles were strong enough to overcome any technical deficiencies he encountered at the quarterback position.

Most NFL quarterbacks must learn how to play the position before they can win games. Young proved he could win while learning. He's going to be special.

Having the quarterback in place is 75 percent of playoff contention. The other 25 percent is just as bright for Tennessee.

The Titans entered 2006 in a rebuilding mode. They fielded the youngest roster in the AFC and the fifth-youngest starting lineup in the NFL on opening day. The Titans finished the season starting recent 10 draft picks (from 2004 on) and finished 8-8.

AP
Vince Young was 8-5 as a starter in his rookie season. Whatever the Titans need this off-season to take the next step as a playoff contender, they are in a position to get. The NFL roster size is 53 players. The Titans already have 60 players under contract for 2007 – and they are still $41 million under the projected salary cap of $106 million.

Not only that, the Titans have 10 draft picks this April – an extra fourth-, sixth- and seventh-rounder. And this is a team that likes to develop its own players. Fifteen of Tennessee's starters in the finale against New England were homegrown.

That's why I love the Titans in 2007 and beyond. If the AFC South champion Indianapolis Colts look over their shoulder, they will see the Titans bearing down on them in a full sprint. That gap will continue to close this off-season.

Last edited by Bongo59; 01-03-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #56
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Texans don't win games either...so what's your point?
LMBAO! Brilliant.
Old 01-03-2007   #57
bigcarlos
Veteran

Congrats to Vince
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #58
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
should have been colston, ...

Marshall Faulk agrees with you. He said Vince is a very good player but "all his highlights are of him running."

The panel (Shefter, Woodson, and Faulk) unanimously agreed that DeMeco was the right guy for DROY.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #59
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
try this one...............MJD took a 12-4 team to an 8-8 record with all his accomplishments............VY took a 4 win team who started 0-5 to 8-8.................with the worst D in the league...............THAT IS WHY HE WON IN LANDSLIDE FASHION
well heck with your philosophy colston or Bush should have gotten it.. heck those two got N.O. a bye in the playoffs after picking 2nd in the league...

MJD had more combined yards than anyone else in the history of the league except 2 people from what I read and I will have to look up those two because I can't remember off of the top of my head..

Anyway very good rookie class this year, it is good for the NFL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #60
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Imagine if we picked him and had both offensive and defensive ROY's.....
I've been bemoaning that lost opportunity all day. Actually longer than that - I guess we've known for a couple of weeks now that they would both win rookie of the year honors.

I'm happy for Vince. I know it means a lot to him after all of those nasty things were said about him prior to (and after) the draft. All he does is prove the doubters wrong - time and time again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read