Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2007   #21
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young AP Offensive ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Imagine if we picked him and had both offensive and defensive ROY's.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

He certainly played well this year...but he wouldn't have won it with us. We were going to start Carr hell or high water.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #22
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

The only reason Vince Young won is because Coltson was out for a few games. If Colston never got hurt, he would have definately given Vince a run for his money.
Old 01-03-2007   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to VY. It is well-deserved, and he's going to be a force to be reckoned with for a long time.
Old 01-03-2007   #24
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Congrats to VY. It is well-deserved, and he's going to be a force to be reckoned with for a long time.
Unfortunately, we will be the ones reckoning with him....God help us!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #25
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Good job VY.

Personally, I thought Maurice-Jones Drew deserved it instead though. It was a close call from my perspective.
Old 01-03-2007   #26
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

He made every other player on the team better. The team did a 180 after he came in. Well-deserved.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #27
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
Unfortunately, we will be the ones reckoning with him....God help us!!!!!
He is...DeMeco Ryans = divine intervention...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #28
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
Tennessee won 4 more games with Vince Young at QB and Houston improved by 4 wins too. Stop with the Vince nut-hugging already. Vince wasn't the reason Tennessee won all those games anymore than Carr being the reason we won four more.

It's a team game.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

good joke....
Old 01-03-2007   #29
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm gonna give my opinion whether you like it or not...talk some football or get out of the forum.....all the little digs and personal attacks for the guys giving opinion ruins this place. Take your nut hugging comments to the other Texans forums....I'm so sick of that kind of talk here just because you don't like VY. I'll talk about VY all I want in the NFL forum.

Thank you. Very well said
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #30
JaxonVillain
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
Personally, I thought Maurice-Jones Drew deserved it instead though. It was a close call from my perspective.
I agree. Jones-Drew broke the rookie record of the most consecutive rushing touchdowns (8) in a season. He also tallied the third most all-purpose yards (2,212) in NFL history, behind only Gale Sayers and Tim Brown. I would have thought voting would have been a little closer, at least.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/commu...,1610050.story

Congrats to VY.
Old 01-03-2007   #31
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

What a joke.

VY has a lot of potential, but people hail him to be the sole reason why the Titans heated up. People seem to ignore other guys making plays on that team, for example, Pac Man Jones.

Right now Vince Young is a below average passer who can run and get all the credit for his team winning some games. At the moment I find him to be a poor mans Michael Vick. We'll see how much he progresses in terms on passing next season though.

Colston, Jones-Drew, and McNeil deserved it more in my opinion.

Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 01-04-2007 at 02:01 AM.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #32
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Great point. It will be interesting to see how VY progresses if Chow ends up as the head coach of the Cardinals. I recall hearing that Arizona had already contacted the Titans requesting permission to speak with him.
I figured Chow for this position a year ago when the Cards drafted Leinart.

Congrats to VY for taking these steps to prove his doubters -- myself one of them -- wrong. I'm not ready to crown him the next big thing, but I think he deserves the OROY honor.
Old 01-03-2007   #33
BJShan
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
...the fact that his defense and special teams carried him more than twice...
I've seen this written before and I think it's hilarious. Yes... our number 32 ranked defense carried us to victories.

With the exception of the second Jags game our defense played HORRIBLE all year long. They made a few key plays in some games near the end that gave us a chance but we won games in SPITE of our defense, not because it. That Jags game was the only game all season that the defense won it for us.

Seeing as how your a Texans fan I wouldn't expect you to have seen more than two Titans games all year long so you probably have no idea how our games actually played out.
BJShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #34
LORENZOF33
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 LORENZOF33 has been demoted to the practice squad

VY does it once again!
LORENZOF33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #35
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
What a joke.

VY has a lot of potential, but people hail him to be the sole reason why the Titans heated up. People seem to ignore other guys making plays on that team, for example, Pac Man Jones.

Right now Vince Young is a pretty bad passer who can run and get all the credit for his team winning some games. At the moment I find him to be a poor mans Michael Vick. We'll see how much he progresses in terms on passing next season though.

Colston, Jones-Drew, and McNeil deserved it more in my opinion.
This coming from the 49ers fan who probably didn't even watch Vince play. And since why does it matter what his passing stats are? Isn't scrambling just as good? Why does it matter how you get the yards?

...Good luck with Alex Smith. Vince Young is miles ahead of him. You're just jealous.
Old 01-03-2007   #36
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

congrats to VY....next year he might be a MVP candidate
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #37
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
it's simple, the titans wouldn't have won all those games without vince young. period.

but they also probably would've won that patriots game with a more comptent QB.
I'd say that's the most accurate VY statement I've heard from you to date. He wasn't very good on Sunday. The weather really didn't help and the middle of the field was so muddy he really couldn't move out of the pocket. I would say your assessment that he's not very good when he's penned in is about right. I don't expect it to stay that way for long.

I think Young will improve as a pocket passer... accuracy wasn't an issue at Texas, but he wasn't making some of the tougher throws he's making now. With offseason work on timing, chemistry, and mechanics, more in-game comfort/awareness, and an upgrade in receiving talent, I expect him to post a completion percentage in the range of 58-62% next year. I'll be held to that. Dude's got a chip on his shoulder, he'll continue to improve as long as he remains coachable.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #38
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
What a joke.

At the moment I find him to be a poor mans Michael Vick.
LOL, now THAT is a good joke. Michael Vick is a poor man's Vince Young.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #39
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJShan View Post
I've seen this written before and I think it's hilarious. Yes... our number 32 ranked defense carried us to victories.

With the exception of the second Jags game our defense played HORRIBLE all year long. They made a few key plays in some games near the end that gave us a chance but we won games in SPITE of our defense, not because it. That Jags game was the only game all season that the defense won it for us.

Seeing as how your a Texans fan I wouldn't expect you to have seen more than two Titans games all year long so you probably have no idea how our games actually played out.
believe me central texas probably see's more Titan games than the Texans.. and I think the Saints were on every week where I live
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #40
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Drew deserved it more IMO .. great season by him eventhough he is a jag ... CBS was calling him a little Earl Campbell. how's that comparison..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read