Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2006   #141
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default Re: The 2006 High School Football Thread

anyone think lamar cons vs caney creek next week will produce at least 100 pts between the two teams? cant wait for that game. go lamar cons.
Old 12-02-2006   #142
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sam McGuffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texandiver View Post
I was not at that game, but I've been to several Cy Fair games this year and I've seen do the hurdle 3 times.

Also the morning guys and afternoon guys on 610 were talking about him today on their shows. Heck Marc said that on Saturday evening ESPN was trying to get hold of the hurdle footage.

I think Sam has put himself on the radar of more schools, and will start to be heavily recruited.

I went to the Cy-Fair/Hightower game today, and I must say that I am still in awe. Seeing McGuffie alone is worth the price of admission and more.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #143
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Cy Fair - Pearland will be a great Region III Div. I final next Sat (at Rice). Fozzy and McGuff should light it up. Two of the best RBs in the area.

Cy Falls - Katy will play in the Region III Div. II final.

Westfield will be playing Allen (north Dallas burb) in the Region II Div. I finals. (sux for the Houston area schools to be in Region II). Westfield is in line to play powerhouse SLC if they win (and SLC beats C. Heritage).

LaMarque and Texas City will play for the 4A Region III Div. II final next weekend after TC's upset of Brenham. Congrats and no disrespect to the Stings but I really wanted to see LaMarque- Brenham...

Lamar Cons. is playing Alamo Heights in the 4A Div. I state semis.

I think that's all the GHA schools still in it....

Last edited by aj.; 12-03-2006 at 08:11 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #144
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Cy Fair - Pearland will be a great Region III Div. I final next Sat (at Rice). Fozzy and McGuff should light it up. Two of the best RBs in the area.

Cy Falls - Katy will play in the Region III Div. II final.

Westfield will be playing Allen (north Dallas burb) in the Region II Div. I finals. (sux for the Houston area schools to be in Region II). Westfield is in line to play powerhouse SLC if they win (and SLC beats C. Heritage).

LaMarque and Texas City will play for the 4A Region III Div. II final next weekend after TC's upset of Brenham. Congrats and no disrespect to the Stings but I really wanted to see LaMarque- Brenham...

Lamar Cons. is playing Alamo Heights in the 4A Div. I state semis.

I think that's all the GHA schools still in it....
Add Katy's Andre Dean to the list of the best running backs in the area.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4375406.html
Old 12-03-2006   #145
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't going for a comprehensive list or trying to slight your Tigers - I was just pointing out that two of the best will be playing each other on Saturday. Dean is a very good RB, as is Dwayne Stewart from Westfield. Jacquizz Rogers (Lamar Cons.) and his 2388 rushing yards and 48 TDs just might be better than all of them.

Last edited by aj.; 12-03-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-03-2006   #146
Boxscore
All Pro

No problem. Another item to note. Katy's team is young. They start a lot of underclassman, including Dean. They should be a powerhouse again next year.
Old 12-03-2006   #147
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
No problem. Another item to note. Katy's team is young. They start a lot of underclassman, including Dean. They should be a powerhouse again next year.
Thats become the norm for my old high school.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #148
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

when did you graduate? I graduated in 1998 from KHS
Old 12-04-2006   #149
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

I expect pearland to make it to state, they are playing very good football
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #150
aj.
Hall of Fame

Congrats to Pearland. Way to rep 24-5A and good luck at state (SA next week). Southlake Carroll, Allen, Austin Westlake and Pearland compete for the Div I 5A crown. A tough field to say the least.

Katy is done. Cy Falls advances to the state semis after beating the Tigers today 28-21 in the Region III 5A Div. II final.
Cy Falls scored the winning TD with 3 minutes remaining but Katy followed with a drive to the CF 6 yard line. Katy's attempt on 4th and 6 fell incomplete to send Cy Falls to state.

LaMarque crushed Texas City today to take the Region III crown in 4A Div II. LaMarque advances to the state semis...

4A Div I state semi's, Alamo Heights 42 Lamar Cons. 14.

So that leaves LaMarque, Pearland, and Cy Falls as the three remaining GHA schools from 4A and 5A.

Last edited by aj.; 12-09-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2006   #151
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Congrats to Pearland. Way to rep 24-5A and good luck at state (SA next week). Southlake Carroll, Allen, Austin Westlake and Pearland compete for the Div I 5A crown. A tough field to say the least.

Katy is done. Cy Falls advances to the state semis after beating the Tigers today 28-21 in the Region III 5A Div. II final.
Cy Falls scored the winning TD with 3 minutes remaining but Katy followed with a drive to the CF 6 yard line. Katy's attempt on 4th and 6 fell incomplete to send Cy Falls to state.

LaMarque crushed Texas City today to take the Region III crown in 4A Div II. LaMarque advances to the state semis...

4A Div I state semi's, Alamo Heights 42 Lamar Cons. 14.

So that leaves LaMarque, Pearland, and Cy Falls as the three remaining GHA schools from 4A and 5A.
Anybody who saw La Marque play today should have NO doubt that they are taking state. Amazing team....almost reminiscent of the 95-97 run. Texas City was crushed indeed. La Marque vs. Texas City is a HUGE rivalry down here...neighboring towns and all that.......It was crazy tonight. Great stuff by the Coogs.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #152
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Unreal finish to the Pearland game!!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #153
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
Anybody who saw La Marque play today should have NO doubt that they are taking state. Amazing team....almost reminiscent of the 95-97 run. Texas City was crushed indeed. La Marque vs. Texas City is a HUGE rivalry down here...neighboring towns and all that.......It was crazy tonight. Great stuff by the Coogs.
IMHO, at that level there is always doubt because strange things can and do happen. I was at the game, and LaMarque was awesome! They are definitely good enough and I hope they do win State.
Old 12-10-2006   #154
TxAg
Rookie

does anyone know where La Marque plays next week
Old 12-10-2006   #155
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
does anyone know where La Marque plays next week
I read that it will be at 3:00 Saturday at Berry Center. It is the awesome stadium on Barker Cypress off HWY 290.
Old 12-10-2006   #156
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

...go LaMarque.....
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #157
TxAg
Rookie

Thank you buddy im there and that is a beautiful sight
Old 12-10-2006   #158
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Win state...avenge Westfield.....
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #159
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, Klein Oak's miracle run ended. Poop...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #160
southernmiss89
Rookie

i am so glad katy is gone --- go cy falls win state

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read