Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2004   #21
kuno
Rookie

LT is special. He does not needs holes, or offensive lineman for that matter. However he is one of a kind. I think the Texans will continue to build thru the draft and look ahead....not the kind of situation where you want to throw a lot of money at a back who is getting older and has had some injuries in the past.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004   #22
phan1
All Pro

Yeah, they can't hold James, Harrison, Peyton, Wayne, and the rest of the offense and expect their defense to improve.

But where did you get your source? It's hard to think that the Colts would let a guy like that go, especially now that he's performing after recovering from that big injury. I'd let a whole bunch of guys go before James.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004   #23
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

I would love to see Edge on our team, however I don't see it happening. I'd rather see the Texans go after FA's on the Defensive side of the ball.
MIGHTYTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #24
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

No disprespect to anyone who likes Davis, Wells, and Hollings, but there is a HUGE difference between James and backup running backs. James is a feature back, who can carry the load if he has to, and has the combination of all of our backs. Yes, it may be early to give up on our backs, but if you have the chance to increase your team, you do it, and in a big way. Take for example, if T.O. or Randy Moss was available and could afford them without hurting your team, would you wait for Bradford to continue developing, or Armstrong to continue or JG? I don't think so, if you can hit a home run, why play small ball with doubles! If James is interested, best believe, Charlie C and McNair will trip over their feet trying to get to bank and their check books!
Old 11-14-2004   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Vinny, I'll give it a try next time I read something worth posting.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #26
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
No way we go after Edge. He is on the backside of his career and will want too much money.

Nuf said.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read