Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2004   #1
DR#1
Rookie

Default Domanick Davis problem

i have figured out what is wrong with domanick davis and why he's not to successful, well with the new blocking scheme that we have installed he has to be paitient with hitting the whole, he has to much acceleration n hits the whole too fast thats why Wells is doing so successful because he's not that fast n he see's the holes develop thats just my point of view
DR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

No your right about that Davis just has to fast of feet and is in there before he gets a chance to see the hole open up, thats why last years regular blocking scheme worked so good for him. I think once he gets used to the new scheme and has a few good games with it he will be ok ! I dont think people have the right to count davis out just cause he's had a bad first half of the season, HE"LL BE OK !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I think some people (myself included) are underestimating how long it takes for an OLine with new starters at three posiitons to learn a new scheme and use it effectively. I realize Davis might not be the longterm answer due to durability concerns, but when the line really gets it down I think Davis will do pretty well.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #4
Low Life
Rookie

Default i agree...

they were just crediting clinton portis' last successful game to his new found understanding of having patience for the holes to open up. it's still a little to do with the line not getting those holes opened up before people are in our backfield also. i think that once domanick and the line meet in the middle then things will be picking up. just my thoughts.
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Davis needs a big enough hole that he can get through without the linemen impeding his progress. It seems like everytime he tries to hit the hole, he has to squeeze through and it slows him down so the linebackers/DL can skip around and pick some daisies before even tackling him.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

it seems last year he would take off into the hole, could change directions if nothing was there and pick up 4 or 5 yards constantly, He just needs to learn how to have patience behind this new scheme, and he will do fine !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #7
Low Life
Rookie

Default calm down...

domanick's been working on his R&B album. he'll be cool just give him a little bit longer. :hehe:
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2004   #8
DreamCatcher
Rookie

He will have a better time in the 2nd half of the season now he is beginning to gel with the O setup this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read