Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2004   #1
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Default All the so called experts are

picking the Texans to lose big this week.So I look for the Texans to beat the Colts this sunday
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #2
Low Life
Rookie

Default really?

i'm not surprised. where'd you see that?
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #3
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Does it really matter what they say? Most of the time it's true. The colts have been a better team longer than the texans. They also went to the AFC Championship game, and they have one of the best QB's in the league. Their offense will score a lot of points, but their defense will give up a lot too. I don't know why so many of you complain about what the experts say when it's a logical prediction. The odds are against the Texans. So just sit back and enjoy watching our Houston boys win.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #4
Texas_Heat
Veteran

All the experts on espn & hbo are picking them to lose and the betting line is 9 pts
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #5
kuno
Rookie

The Colts are going to be favored by a bunch against most people. That is part of what makes beating them so fun.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #6
Low Life
Rookie

Default you're right LiveForTheGame...

but it just makes it that much sweeter when they make everybody, including the opposing team, look like *****s. i personally like to hear what the talking heads have to say so that i can say to myself

me: "see self, that guys is an *****! you were right all along!"
myself: "thanks. i know"

Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #7
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

I love listening to a lot of those guys...sometimes what they say makes zero sense. I just don't worry about what I don't agree with...and it makes me angry even more when they're right
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2004   #8
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

hopefully they'll be wrong this week
Old 11-11-2004   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Cnnsi has us losing 31-14
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #10
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Cnnsi has us losing 31-14
The Ravens without Jamal Lewis Tood Heap and their starting Oline could get 14 on the Colts D.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #11
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat
All the experts on espn & hbo are picking them to lose and the betting line is 9 pts
Seems like the Texans feed off stuff like that. Probably have that bit of news pinned on the wall by their locker room .. Give them a challenge and they get inspired.
And besides, they won't be on a mountaintop this week!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #12
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

The Colts are a good team and we lost big last week. Thats all the experts care about so I wouldnt expect any less. I like winning against the odds
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

if you look at their picks from week to week all they ever pick is the team with the most wins (most of the time) They were wrong quite a bit last week !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

the difference between the broncos and the colts is defense and running game.

We showed up stale, we didnt execute.. that is all true.. but the reason it was a blowout is because of the bronco defense and running game.

Their running game allowed them to complete pass after pass as we bit on their run fakes. And their defense prevented us from scoring in return.

The Colts are a finesse team with no defense. They dont force the run.. they use the pass to open the run.. so we wont have to worry quite so much about their running game. We are more likely to get burnt by them dumping the ball off to edge than him pounding the rock.

Also.. their defense is ****.. total ****.. complete and total ****. They will not be able to keep us from scoring like the bronco defense did.

Anyone saying this will be a blowout, just doesnt understand the facts :P. Even if we went in there and played the same way we did last week.. we would still be able to keep the game close.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read