Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2006   #101
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Default Re: The 2006 High School Football Thread

well 24-5A comes to an end tonight, should be interesting. Brazoswood finally emerged as the team to beat, and won the district. Right now it looks like its going to be Brazoswood, Clear Creek, Galveston Ball, and Pearland in the playoffs, but Pearland plays at Brook today and last I heard if Brook can win it by 18, the playoff spot is theirs.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #102
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

It's time for the 2006 high school football playoffs. Post who you think will win, and who you want to win.

Here is a recent Top 10 of Region 3: http://www.5atexasfootball.com/06region3standings.htm

Here is a recent Top 25 of all of Texas (Region 1-4): http://www.5atexasfootball.com/06week10ranks.htm

Personally, I think North Shore will win Region 3. I would like for Clements to win.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #103
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget there's two Divisions in 5A and 4A. Stupid, I know, but it's the system we have to deal with.

North Shore has to be the favorite in Region III, 5A Div. I, Katy is the favorite in Div II.

Pearland (Div I) has been coming on strong since they got their QB back. I saw them last night and they are a machine with Fos Whitaker (UT commit) at RB.

Clements will be competing in the Div II bracket which hasn't been released yet.

------------
Here's the unofficial playoff projections (which doesn't include last night's games) that I pulled off one of the websites. They must be halfway accurate because I saw Dulles scouting Pearland last night and they are projected to square off in the first round. They have Clements meeting Ball.

One thing that's changed this year is the bi-District match ups. For years, 24-5A has played 22-5A in bi-District. This year 24-5A is playing 23-5A in bi-District, and 21-5A is playing 22-5A. Refreshing change -- mainly because one of our 24-5A entrants would always get crushed by North Shore in the first round. Now they won't get crushed until the second round.

Class 5A Region III
Projected Playoff Pairings

DIVISION I
Cypress Fairbanks (8-1, 5-1) vs Katy Taylor (5-4, 4-2)
Aldine (6-3, 5-1) vs Houston Lamar (7-2, 5-1)
Kingwood (5-3, 4-2) vs Deer Park (6-3, 5-1)
FB Hightower (6-3, 5-2) vs Clear Creek (4-5, 3-2)
Cypress Ridge (6-3, 4-2) vs Cinco Ranch (8-1, 5-1)
Aldine MacArthur (4-5, 4-2) vs Houston Westside (8-1, 6-0)
Humble (7-2, 4-2) vs GP North Shore (9-0, 6-0)
FB Dulles (8-2, 6-2) vs Pearland (7-2, 3-2)

DIVISION II
Cypress Falls (6-3, 5-1) vs Alief Taylor (5-4, 3-3)
Houston Stratford (8-1, 6-0) vs Houston Chavez (5-4, 4-2)
Beau. West Brook (7-2, 5-1) vs Pasadena Memorial (6-3, 4-2)
FB Clements (7-2, 5-2) vs Galveston Ball (6-3, 3-2)
Jersey Village (5-4, 4-2) vs Katy (9-0, 6-0)
Houston Memorial (4-5, 4-2) vs Houston Madison (5-4, 4-2)
Baytown Lee (6-3, 4-2) vs La Porte (5-4, 4-2)
FB Marshall (6-3, 5-2) vs Brazoswood (8-1, 4-1

------------------------------

In Region II 5A Div I, I think the game everyone (at least from around here) wants to see is Lufkin v. Westfield.

Lots of good info in the Greater Houston Forum on this site --> http://www.texasprepxtra.rivals.com/forum.asp

Last edited by aj.; 11-11-2006 at 08:56 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #104
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Updating the previous post.....

The playoff projections were mostly accurate but the following corrections need to be made:

In 5A Region III Div I, North Shore plays Baytown Lee

In 5A Region III Div II, Clements plays Brazoswood; Ball plays Marshall; PA Memorial plays LaPorte

As I mentioned before, Katy is the safe pick in Region III Div. II, but I should have mentioned Pearland as threat in Div. I along with North Shore. But after watching NS shut down Fos last year, I'd still have to give the edge to NS.

Updated 5A brackets here: http://www.5atexasfootball.com/playoffs2006.htm

Last edited by aj.; 11-12-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-13-2006   #105
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like we got Brazoswood first...I dont know anything about this team...looks liek they have a good defense and an OK offense. If you know anything about them please tell me.

We (Clements) lost our starting RB to a broken arm against Willowridge (ended up shutting them out). He had 1500 yards and 17 TDs in 7 and a half games.

We got a good backup but he is also one of the best receivers we have so...the injury can't help the team.

Hopefully we can get past the first round this year (Last year we got beat 48-0 by Katy in the first).
Old 11-13-2006   #106
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

I've been gone from Texas a long time. Has Klein Oak ever been good? We weren't so hot while I was there 91-95. lol
Old 11-13-2006   #107
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Looks like we got Brazoswood first...I dont know anything about this team...looks liek they have a good defense and an OK offense. If you know anything about them please tell me.
Not spectacular. Good RB. Solid D.

Their best effort, aside from beating Pearland, was shutting out a good Clear Creek offense. When they beat Pearland they came back from 22-0 to win. But Pearland was missing it's starting QB for a few games during that stretch and that hurt them. Pearland's star RB did play in that game....ran up 180 yards and had a couple TDs. Lenoir should be able to do the same as long as Clements mixes the pass with the run.

B-Wood is also a bit schitzo. They beat Pearland (currently the best team in 24-5A) but then lost to Alvin which is the 24-5A equivalent of FB Bush (in terms of W-L record).

Last edited by aj.; 11-13-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-13-2006   #108
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheus_Rex View Post
I've been gone from Texas a long time. Has Klein Oak ever been good? We weren't so hot while I was there 91-95. lol
They got kicked down to 4A for two or three years but now they are back in the district with the other Klein schools.

They were really good about 6-7 years ago but recently they have been horrible.

But I think they made the playoffs in 4A last year & are doing okay in 5A this year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #109
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Lenoir should be able to do the same as long as Clements mixes the pass with the run.
Unfortunately, Chris (Lenoir) broke his wrist a few weeks ago, so he is out. I am going to have to talk to him when I get back to Houston, see what really happened.
Old 11-14-2006   #110
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
They got kicked down to 4A for two or three years but now they are back in the district with the other Klein schools.

They were really good about 6-7 years ago but recently they have been horrible.

But I think they made the playoffs in 4A last year & are doing okay in 5A this year.
Yeah let me tell you, no win seasons are depressing. We aso never won a homecoming game while I was there. LOL
Old 11-15-2006   #111
TxAg
Rookie

LA MARQUE - The La Marque High School football team will enter the state playoffs without starting quarterback Durkelyn
Old 11-15-2006   #112
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It sure is interesting to go to a school where students come from both high schools in the district...my friends on the Westfield football team have been talking smack to the Spring guys..."What happened? 35-0? Well, at least you got playoffs....not."
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #113
TxAg
Rookie

I just wish my Dickinson Gators would have made the playoffs but im sure next year they will and some!! they will have 20 of 21 starter back from a 6-4 team
Old 11-18-2006   #114
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sam McGuffie

Cy-Fair running back Sam McGuffie followed up his area-leading regular season with an impressive 288 yards with 5-touchdown performance with only 17 carries.
Bobcat Sam McGuffie gained 248 yards in the first half, capped off by a 90-yard scoring run in which he broke 5 tackles.
http://www.chron.com/c/apps/sports/h...core&year=2006
Not a bad days work last night for Super Sammy.
Looks like he got 248 of his 288 total in the first half, so guess they rested him in the second half. Dang, he might have had some decent stats if he had played the whole game ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #115
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sam McGuffie

He is exactly what Texas needs. Texas doesn't really have great runningbacks, plus they fumble to damn much. McGuffie to Texas, Mack make it happen.

We'll have the two Mc's

McCoy and McGuffie
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #116
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Clements lost a 14 point halftime lead and ended up losing the game against Brazoswood 42-35. Clements was up 14 points in the 3rd quarter when a pass from Derek Carr hit a receiver in his hands and was intercepted and returned 60 yards for a touchdown.
Old 11-18-2006   #117
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
LA MARQUE - The La Marque High School football team will enter the state playoffs without starting quarterback Durkelyn

i live down here...kid got busted with a full bottle of Xanax.not good.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #118
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Westfield over the Woodlands...yeeaaah!
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #119
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Heh, Klein lost 72-24 over Lufkin. Ouch

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #120
aj.
Hall of Fame

23-5A and 24-5A had a very competitive bi-district.

Pearland (over Dulles) and B-Wood (over Clements) advance from 24-5A.

Hightower (over Clear Creek) and Marshall (over Ball) advance from 23-5A.

In other action I was surprised at how close the North Shore - Baytown Lee game was. Is there a chink in the armor?

Lufkin is one of the best HS teams with one of the most highly recruited WRs in the country. No shame there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read