Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2006   #81
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 2006 High School Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
Weather delay now ..... Lufkin 9 - Woodlands 7

It would have been good for The Woodlands if the bad weather had held up. The score is now 31-7 with 2:44 left.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #82
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a classic tonight...

Clear Brook 41 - Clear Lake 38

3 OTs, 3 1/2 hours
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #83
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Darn, Klein lost 24-3 against Westfield. Oh well.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #84
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan4EvR View Post
Hey yall guys just thought I would let yall know theres is a big match this weekend in Katy. #6 ranked Katy Tigers vs #20 ranked Cinco Ranch both teams are 7-0. Cinco Ranch has never been Katy HS, I would know i was a 4 year starter at DE! I hope Cinco Ranch wins this. I Predict CR - 35 Katy - 21. GO COUGARS!!!!
I'm DE, too. I am at Cinco High (Sophmore team). We aren't that bad. I hope Cinco wins, too. Katy might, though. They beat Morton Ranch 51 to 0. Morton Ranch is bad, though. Next year they will be good because their JV is 3-4 or something like that. One win away from having a tying record. Watch out for them next year.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 10-28-2006 at 01:42 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #85
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I saw a classic tonight...

Clear Brook 41 - Clear Lake 38

3 OTs, 3 1/2 hours
I was there as well,( nephew attends brook, otherwise would have gone to the ball-brazoswood game, but glad i didn't) i can say that it was the best high school game i've ever been to.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #86
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY View Post
I was there as well,( nephew attends brook, otherwise would have gone to the ball-brazoswood game, but glad i didn't) i can say that it was the best high school game i've ever been to.
The thing that was fun was that no one on either side of the stadium was sitting, from the point when Brandon Y had the FG blocked with 4 seconds left in regulation until the end of the third OT. The mob scene of red on the field after Karrol caught the game winner was fun to watch (for CB fans at least). Brook put a serious hurt on Lake's playoff chances with that one. Decker and Grant are juniors so they will have a core to build around next year. Decker doesn't run the option quite as well as Oswald did a couple years ago, but he's still very good - and fast. Brook's Cornell Baxter is a good tough RB and he's also a junior. Very tough break for the Lake player ... compound fracture of the forearm I was told.

Last edited by aj.; 10-28-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-28-2006   #87
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Darn, Klein lost 24-3 against Westfield. Oh well.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #88
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Very tough break for the Lake player ... compound fracture of the forearm I was told.
Ooo, that sucks. If you could get injury information or know where...could you check on Chris Lenoir from Clements. They beat Bush this weekend 25 to 12, I think, but he didn't play. I dont know if they are resting him for the playoffs or he is somewhat injured and they dont want to take a chance or he is seriously injured.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #89
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

the battle in the 24-5A resumes tonight with Brook going down to Hopper Stadium to play Brazoswood( now ranked 37th in state) and then Pearland and Ball taking each other on
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #90
aj.
Hall of Fame

Don't forget Clear Creek hosting Alvin. Creek has the inside track on that 4th playoff spot - at least.

And speaking of Brazoswood and Clear Brook at Hopper.... Congrats to both of their marching bands as they are two of only five HS bands in the Greater Houston Area to qualify for the State competition.
Old 11-03-2006   #91
AJ121
Rookie

well looks like 24-5A is normal tonite

Last edited by AJ121; 11-03-2006 at 11:50 PM.
AJ121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #92
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Westfield gets NO love.
Old 11-07-2006   #93
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sam McGuffie

Putting on a show in the first quarter, McGuffie rushed for 376 yards and eight touchdowns on 28 carries to lead Cy-Fair past Cypress Creek 61-35 in a District 17-5A game. McGuffie now has 2,020 yards rushing this season and 29 touchdowns.
http://www.nflhs.com/StateStories.aspx?id=10046
He won't be eligible for the NFL Draft until something like 2011 since he's
not expected to graduate from HS until 2008. But this local kid sounds like
the kind of player who could get more attention than anyone coming out of
HS locally since Vince Young. Expect him to be heavily recruited by the
biggest programs.
He's reportedly ran a 4.33 40 this past summer, but I don't have a link to post so who knows for sure. I saw some film of him on local 13 the other day and he's amazing.
Also as an added curiosity is that he's a Euro-American. But anything in the4.33 range is pretty dang quick for a white boy, especially since he did it prior to beginning his junior year in HS.
check this out from youtube.com and watch this kid in action !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxnkt...elated&search=

Last edited by nunusguy; 11-08-2006 at 11:19 AM.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #94
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sam McGuffie

Thats pretty crazy. One heck of a jump.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #95
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Euro-American...what?...WTH? *Shakes head in disgust*
Old 11-08-2006   #96
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hold on, is a runningback or QB? That one play he lined up at QB it looked like, but then he runs alot to get 2020 yards.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #97
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

White men aren't supposed to be able to jump like that.

Old 11-08-2006   #98
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

That is just funny. I feel sorry for the DB or was that a LB that he jumped over. The guy didn't even move. Had he just stood up McGuffie is down. Should have been an easy tackle. Oh HS.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #99
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Sam plays football for the local high school where I live. He is having a great Junior year so far leading the Houston area in rushing averaging over 200 yds per game. He was timed at 4.33 sec in the 40 yd dash at one of the recruiting camps this summer. He is also one of the top long jumpers in the state. He is getting recruited by all of the local Division 1 schools. Good luck to him in the future. "
http://www.castefootball.us/forum/fo...s.asp?TID=3841
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #100
Texandiver
Veteran

I was not at that game, but I've been to several Cy Fair games this year and I've seen do the hurdle 3 times.

Also the morning guys and afternoon guys on 610 were talking about him today on their shows. Heck Marc said that on Saturday evening ESPN was trying to get hold of the hurdle footage.

I think Sam has put himself on the radar of more schools, and will start to be heavily recruited.
Texandiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read