Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2004   #21
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

ya know.. thats one thing.. I LOVE the NFL.. i cant get enough of it.. but im not even slightly entertained by college or arena football. I dont understand why.. but for some reason I just cant get into it.

Anywho.. thats a little off topic but that comment made me wonder about it
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #22
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i'm not really into to college but i will watch Texas play that is the only college ball i like and Arena football i have always thought is just dumb so the NFL is the best and its a lot more exciting,,,plus i hate the BCS standings in college they should have regular play offs like the nfl does it would make it more interesting !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #23
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

About the only time I watch college ball is towards the end of thier season and someone mentions a guy we should pick up. I watch a bit of NFLE, mostly to avoid total withdrawl issues and to have a bit of a look at players we have over there and to see what we might be able to pick up.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #24
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn
Smile

As a kid, I was raised a Cowboy fan back in the days of Landry/Roger/Dorsett/Pearson/TooTall/Harvey Martin,etc...Then Earl stepped in the NFL and totally blew me away, I became a die hard Oiler fan until they left Houston, now the long wait is over and I do believe we have ourselves a contender in our 3rd year...Texan fans are the greatest in the NFL! Stay Proud and Yell LOUD!!!
!!!!GO TEXANS!!!!
HardCoreTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Have no fear guys/gals! Take it from someone who has been in love with the game of football for over 50 years. I believe love for the game is passed on from one generation to another. I remember sitting on my Mom's knee and listening to football games on the radio. I took her to see her beloved Pasadena Eagles play football until the year she passed away, at age 79. Sundays were filled with church, fried chicken, and the NFL. Friday nights were reserved solely for high school football. She loved the game more than any man in my family, and I had three older brothers. Passion for the game comes from the heart, and knowledge of the game comes from watching. My Mom passed on the passion to me, and I passed it on to my girls. NOW, they are passing it on to their kids. My four grandkids have quickly become passionate TEXAN fans. They see it, live it, hear about it, and LOVE it! What a thrill it is when my 5y/o grandson comes over with his TEXAN shirt on, a big grin on his face, and gives me a "thumbs-up" sign after the TEXANS bring home a win. If you want your friends and loved ones to love the game of football, teach it to them, get them involved, and you will never have to watch a game alone. The NFL will NEVER die!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004   #26
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

SheTexan that was very well put. I actually tear up a lil. Go Texans!!!!
Old 11-05-2004   #27
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

a tissue you anyone !?! ~~~ here ya go Tim ,,,was quite sad !!

I love this game to but for some reason i dont really like the NCAA and i dont know if its beacause of how they dont really have any playoffs are the stupid BCS rankings,,,but its not even close to the NFL in my opinion !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read