Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2006   #41
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

lamar consolidated HS is my alum....they look real good. theyre ranked 6 in state and the QB is a freshman, the running back is a junior that rushed for well over 2000 yards last yr as a sophomore on varsity.
Old 10-03-2006   #42
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 2006 High School Football Thread

Watch out for my Clements Rangers. They are leading their Fort Bend district. They also have the leading Class 5A rusher in Chris Lenoir and David Carr's brother Derrick. I have broken down some stats and stuff here: http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...049#post460049 . They also have John Hoke's (our secondary coach) son, Kyle. Kyle and Derrick are both sophomores, while Chris is a Junior.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #43
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
lamar consolidated HS ... the running back is a junior that rushed for well over 2000 yards last yr as a sophomore on varsity.
Jacquizz Rodgers. Lance talks about him all the time on SR610.

Here's something from the Chronicle.

RATING THE PLAYERS
Who’s the area’s midseason MVP?

• Colton Johnson (Jr.), RB, Waller (951 rushing yards, 9 TD)
• Sam McGuffie (Jr.), RB, Cy-Fair (769 rushing yards, 9 TD)
• Billy Noonan (Jr.), QB, St. Pius (997 passing yards, 13 TD)
• Jacquizz Rodgers (Jr.), RB, Lamar Consolidated (663 rushing yds, 15 TD)
• Clifton Toney (Sr.), RB, Furr (808 rushing yds, 106 receiving yds, 13 TD)
• Cotton Turner (Sr.), QB, Dulles (1,359 passing yards, 16 TD)

Last edited by aj.; 10-06-2006 at 07:31 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #44
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Homecoming at Leonard George Stadium.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #45
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Homecoming at Leonard George Stadium.
Westfield vs. Klein Collins was...how should I put it...a blowout. A shutout into the 50s. Then my school showed its true colors with gang fights outside the school.
Old 10-07-2006   #46
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Pearland fan needs to get in here and explain the last two weeks...
Old 10-07-2006   #47
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Pearland fan needs to get in here and explain the last two weeks...
I was surprised Is this a rebuilding year?

I went to Hightower's Homecoming, and they beat Elkins 34-17. Hard to read into 23-5A successes as on any given week the rankings within seem to change.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #48
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
I was surprised Is this a rebuilding year?

Not only no ... but heck no.

With Proctor (QB) coming over from Dobie this year and Fozzy (Longhorn commit) in the backfield, I think most everyone expected them to roll through 24-5A. With such a large, one-HS district and the access to so many athletes, there's no reason for them not to roll through 24-5A every year. I read the summary from last night and it looks like Proctor didn't play. Coach Heath is taking some heat on the Rivals Greater Houston board.

Congrats to Clear Creek btw - on their big win over previously unbeaten Lake.

Creek's offense is fun to watch - when they get it going. Lots of speed at WR. They can take control of 24-5A with wins over Brazoswood and Pearland the next two weeks.
Old 10-08-2006   #49
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan View Post
Unlikely that Klein gets KFin football, but I agree w/ you on the soccer. Klein and Kingwood were awesome in soccer. Much like you hope for Klein to beat KF in football, I hope for KF to beat Klein in soccer.

But anyway, go KF!!!
Westfield plays Klein Forest on Friday. Stay away from the game if you can, if not, invest some money into a kevlar vest...
Old 10-08-2006   #50
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what I think is dumb? Every team now takes 4 teams from each district into playoffs. I think 3 was perfectly fine. Most districts don't even have 3 good teams, now they're taking 4! And why doesn't the Division I 5A winner play the Division II 5A winner to determine one state champion instead of having two champions? High school football playoffs in Texas is about as wacky as the BCS.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006   #51
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

first off, i am a member of a 4A high school football message board. i was wondering if perhaps i can promote that message board in the texans board since its really not pro related. i can perfectly understand if t couldnt be done, but it doesnt state it in the terms of service. if i cant, then ya think we can have a section dedicated to high school football...like in the houston sports scene? i know theres a thread already devoted to HS football, but i think that people would talk more HS football on here if there was a section for it. high school football is a very legitimate topic of discussion and so i think that a section for Hs football would not go to waste. opinions and thoughts?
Old 10-18-2006   #52
AJ121
Rookie

clear lake vs galveston ball should be an interseting game to see
AJ121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #53
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ121 View Post
clear lake vs galveston ball should be an interseting game to see
hmm ball beats lake
pearland beats creek
alvin beats brazoswood( big upset)

so really that leaves the district standings at

1. Ball 3-0 Games Left- Brazoswood, Pearland, Creek
2. Brazoswood 2-1 Games Left- Ball, Brook, Lake
3. Lake 2-2 Games Left- Brook, Brazoswood
4. Creek 2-2 Games left- Alvin, Ball
5. Pearland 1-2 Games Left- Alvin, Ball, Brook
6. Brook 1-2 Games left- Lake, Brazoswood, Pearland
7. Alvin 1-3 Games Left- Pearland, Creek

All of these teams are pretty much still in this race,

If Brazoswood falls to Ball next week, and Brook wins their homecoming against Lake, and Pearland beats alvin as expected, then come 1 week from now we would see Ball in first and a four way tie for 2nd. Top 4 teams make playoffs .
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #54
aj.
Hall of Fame

24-5A is bizarre this year.

Brazoswood beats Pearland, the odds on District favorite, shuts out and totally dominates Creek at Creek's homecoming, then loses to one of the two weakest teams in the District (Alvin). I've seen Alvin, Brook, Ball, and Creek this year (in addition to Friendswood, Dobie, Nimitz, and Westfield).

Pearland got it's QB (Proctor) back which was the problem they were having. Fozzy (UT commit) had over 400 yards rushing and 4 TDs last night. They could win out.

Ball has good balance and this is their best team in a few years. They were relying on defense early but their QB Patino is starting to get it going. Marcus Taylor looks like a little Reggie Bush out there at times, and not just because he wears #5. The kid can catch and put the moves on people after the catch.

The Ball-Lake game was crazy at the end. Lake tied it 27-27 with 0:59 left in the game but then Ball ran the ensuing kickoff back 91 yards to set up Patino with the game winner with 0:12 remaining.

Lake and Creek are very close competitively. Lake runs a read option that is tough to defend (they rarely pass the ball) and Creek with their track stars on offense runs the same Baytown Lee spread offense that made Drew Tate a starter at Iowa. Brook is the weakest of the three Clear schools this year. I would be very surprised if they beat Lake next week but strange things can happen when you get these neighborhood rivals together on the field. Brook lost its best DL a couple of weeks ago to injury and that will hurt them the rest of the way.

I have yet to see Brazoswood but a friend of mine saw them against Creek and gave me a scouting report. Good size and two legit RBs. Although, again, I have no clue what happened to them last night because I wasn't all that impressed with Alvin's defense when I saw them a couple of weeks ago.

Creek has three D-I commits: Taylor Echols (Tulane), Jereme Brooks (Utah), and J.J. Mullins (Kansas State)

Ball's Frank Avery has commited to A&M.

Last edited by aj.; 10-21-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2006   #55
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can anybody give me a rundown on 23-4a or 24-4a......i can't remember which one la marque is in

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #56
aj.
Hall of Fame

23-4A

The Cougs are 7-1 and ranked 7th in state.

Their only loss was to 5A Pearland 24-14 early in the season when Pearland was at full strength.

Two games left against Santa Fe and Dickinson....they should finish 9-1 and take District. They beat the Stings last night and have already beaten Friendswood so they are in control of their own as they say.

They have an offensive lineman 6'5' 290 Andre McGaskey headed for UT next year.

Lamar Consolidated, Brenham, and LaMarque are the class of the 4A schools in this part of the state.

Last edited by aj.; 10-21-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2006   #57
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Can someone tell me what is the website name to get scores for Texas high school football I forgot it.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #58
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

www.texashsfootball.com
Old 10-21-2006   #59
AJ121
Rookie

for some weird reason 24-5A teams have bad games during homecoming. Lake beats Pearland, then lake gets beaten by G-ball. you should see some of the ccisd middle school games, they are extremely competitive
Old 10-21-2006   #60
AJ121
Rookie

ball i think has an important role in deciding who makes 24-5A playoffs. i think its possible the go 3-0 but then they can likely go 0-3

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read