Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2004   #61
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Appreciate the stats.

But they just reinforce the fact that Reliant is selling a lot of seats, too (I'm only defended my home turf :hehe: ).

Our average is 70,571 this year, even though the official capacity of Reliant Stadium is only 69,500!!

However, now that you bring up the stats, why is the 2003 average for JAX only 53,509?! You are 31 out of 32 that year (with Houston at 10th that year).

Let's dig deeper: 2002 JAX average is 56,277?! (Houston is 9th that year)

Or 2001 JAX average is 60,442?! (Houston did not have a team that year)

hmmmmm...interesting to note that our average attendance for 2 1/2 years is GREATER than our stadium's "official" capacity...and JAX stadium is...well...NOT averaging near it's capacity.

I do appreciate the information. Too bad it does indicate who speaks out of their assumption!
Well, to be fair you would have to compare those numbers with Jacksonvilles in there first 3 years as well. When the newness wears off and a team starts to lose a few attendence goes down. I am not sure what Jacksonville's attendence was like in their first 3 years, but I am sure you will see a difference.
Old 10-30-2004   #62
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Probably need to get your hearing checked then, Kuno. Reliant will make your ears bleed. I know, I've been to every single game. If it's not top 5 then I don't want to be where it's any louder than I've heard it at Reliant. That's loud enough thank you.
KC would make your head pop then....heh.
Old 10-30-2004   #63
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Green Bay, Wisconsin seems to sell out fine.
Hmmm. I dont think the Packers stadium is anywhere near the size of the Jaguars.

BTW, what is with the stadium smack? It is weak and has nothing to do with football or the quality of fans a city has. If I remeber correctly Houston has already lost one football team and I dont use that to judge you guys. Nor would i insult your stadium, cause it is a very nice stadium and a great place to see a game. The welcome from the fans was not very warm, but overall it is one of the best stadiums in the NFL.
Old 10-30-2004   #64
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BTW, what is with the stadium smack? It is weak and has nothing to do with football or the quality of fans a city has.

i agree. i don't know why that Jags fan even started this thread in the first place.
Old 10-30-2004   #65
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuno
Hmmm. I dont think the Packers stadium is anywhere near the size of the Jaguars.

BTW, what is with the stadium smack? It is weak and has nothing to do with football or the quality of fans a city has. If I remeber correctly Houston has already lost one football team and I dont use that to judge you guys. Nor would i insult your stadium, cause it is a very nice stadium and a great place to see a game. The welcome from the fans was not very warm, but overall it is one of the best stadiums in the NFL.
if you were to make a 200,000 seat stadium in green bay it would still sell out. what kinda response is that
Old 10-30-2004   #66
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
if you were to make a 200,000 seat stadium in green bay it would still sell out. what kinda response is that
A fair one I thought. I figured you were comparing a small market team to a small market team. THe size of the stadium would come into play in the comparison. However I get what you are saying. Green Bay would sell out no matter what. They also have had a long time to get it that way. Green Bay has a long and great history and relationship with the Packers. It took years to get there and other teams that are new will get there one day.
Old 10-30-2004   #67
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember when the Oilers could never sell out a game. I hardly ever saw a home game when I was a kid. The only time I ever saw the Oilers was when they were on the road because we could never beat the 72 hour deadline either. That kind of stuff works both ways.
Old 10-30-2004   #68
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

all this banter is frivolous, Texan fans you need to represent bottom line. The Game is in less than half a day, you should all be resting for the ambush @ Relient. I can't go but I'll be watching and this is what I want to see I want to see Relient so loud that left witch cannot communicate the snap count. I want a sea of RED standing, celebrating and supporting the Texans.

today in Jacksonville they called it the largest cocktail party in the world, evidently it didn't help as Flordia lost :hehe: see in Texas we don't drink cocktails we drink beer & lots of it difference being we don't ***** foot around with make believe beverages we drink the real thing and in a few hours the stadium will be filled to capacity with over 70,000 screaming beerloveing Texans. Its on!

Old 10-30-2004   #69
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

13 Hours and 26 minuites till kickoff!
Old 10-31-2004   #70
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
all this banter is frivolous... in a few hours the stadium will be filled to capacity with over 70,000 screaming beerloveing Texans. Its on!

4 hours to Go Jags Go
Old 10-31-2004   #71
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Green Bay, Wisconsin seems to sell out fine.
Whats wrong with this picture? GB/FL? Team with heritage/...

How many football games and golf courses are a there near GB that are just a gas tank away on any given fall weekend?

P.S. Surfs up...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read