Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2004   #21
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I"d rather not see an injury, that says that we can't beat them with all their personel out there. Jags fan should be smart enough to know that a team can come from nowhere. We have yet to lose to a team that has a losing record. (Chargers 4-3; Detroit 4-2; Minnesota 5-1) I"m hoping for a great game we both have teams and quarterbacks that are used to making come from behind and last minute victories and this week would be no better, but i only hope that it is Carr's arm that wins the game not Leftwich's.

When the Texans win the AFC south will become VERY clouded, except for the Titans who are living in the cellar.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #22
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Every week we want our defense to go after the opposing QB. That's what every fan of every team wants.

Joe average fan wants the following from his team:

1) Pass for 500 yds.

2) Kill the other QB.

3) Autographed stuff.

So, anyway....here's hoping Carr passes for 500 yds. and Leftwich leaves on a stretcher. Oh, and that DD guy has a descent time.

:hehe:
This is about the most immature statement I have witnessed.

I am your Average Joe Texan and I hope no one gets hurt in the game.
to wish harm on an individual just shows your immaturity towards a football game. Put the beer down and step away from the tailgate to cool off man.
Old 10-25-2004   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Kill, Kill, Kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #24
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
In order to get an accurate comparison, go back to 2002, the expansion year, where you had that 'wonderful' offensive line, rookie running backs Baxter and Jonathan Wells, a rookie receiver Jabar Gaffney along with Corey Bradford, a Green Bay reject. Remove Carr, insert Leftwich. If you think Leftwich wiould have done better, well then there you go. Your question is answered.

Take the Jaguars last year. They had an established offensive line, good receivers, and Fred Taylor in the backfield. Duh! Remove Leftwich, insert Carr. If you think Carr wouldn't have done as well, there you go. Your question is answered.

I got a question for ya. Who's better . . . Leftwich or Peyton Manning? Who won the game yesterday?

Ahhhhhhhhhh! It must be one of those team things.
I do feel better already. You have put some perspective on the issue in a manner that I didn't really think about.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #25
Dante's Inferno
Rookie

Please people: Jacksonville took out Steve McNair, one of our most hated rivals, and we still wished him well and hoped he recovered quickly. Injuries are always horrible. Always.
Dante's Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #26
TsJagman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante's Inferno
Please people: Jacksonville took out Steve McNair, one of our most hated rivals, and we still wished him well and hoped he recovered quickly. Injuries are always horrible. Always.
Dude, we are talking about fans wishing harm on players. We don't like to see it. Read my Williams thread, you will get the drift.
TsJagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

HJam72 is pretty lighthearted for the most part. I think that if you read a few of 72's previous post's I think it is safe to assume that there was a bit of sarcasm used. I think some of us are taking those statements a bit too literally.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

True Vinny. Also while I'm totally against intentionally injuring a player it's a completely accepted and common practice to try and get some licks on a QB to get him hearing footsteps. This is football and trying to get your opponents QB's bell ringing is part of the game. I absolutely don't want to see Byron (or any opposing player) injured in a game. I absolutely do want to see Byron (and any opposing QB) go down in a monstrous hail of sacks on Sunday. Reconciling those two views I see a very narrow distinction.
Old 10-26-2004   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Monstous Hail!!! Monstrous Hail!!!

Using my vast intellect, I put everything I had into the thought process of deciding what to write in this post. Aren't you impressed?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #30
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Monstous Hail!!! Monstrous Hail!!!

Using my vast intellect, I put everything I had into the thought process of deciding what to write in this post. Aren't you impressed?

(In my best "Buzz Lightyear voice") You're mocking me aren't you.

I briefly considered "Avalanche of sacks" but at the last moment I thought a "monstrous hail" of sacks worked better. Ever see what hail can do to a car? I picture Leftwich's helmet looking like that once Walker-Payne-Smith & Co. finish with him.
Old 10-26-2004   #31
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I never said I was wishing Leftwich got hurt. What I said was that they need to go after him, as should be the case every week against every opponent and their key guys. You can go after a guy and beat and bang him around and he becomes ineffective. He may finish the game, he may not. You just got to knock him out of any kind of groove.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #32
Jwwillis
All Pro

Actually it is Carr who better have his head on a swivel. We are all too familiar with Jville and there attempts to injure our players. Texans usually don't forget when they get punked. Just ask J.J. Moses.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #33
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Unfortunately we have not done a great job at getting to ANY QB.
Actually, I'll have to disagree with you there. The team seems to really be getting it going the past few games. We had problems getting to Culpepper, but so does everyone else in the league. I'm pretty sure McNair, Collins, and Green would tell you that the pressure was there. We may not be getting a lot of sacks yet, but we are getting pressure three of the last four games. If we pressure Leftwich, our secondary can take a couple balls away.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read