Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2004   #21
texansfan88
All Pro

If they go DE it will be Marcus Spears, just trust me on this one

Pollack is too little anyway
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004   #22
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno if its *****ic or not.. but I dont think we will draft an NT unless it is OUR guy.. like David Carr and Dunta Robinson and Jason Babin were OUR guys.. and we would have drafted them regardless of who was available. the NT is maybe the most important defensive position in a 3-4 defense.. and because of that, you gotta have that perfect fit. If we get an NT.. I see us grabbing one in the 2nd or 3rd.

Gabriel Watson, Anthony Bryant, and Marcus Jasmin are all possibilities in the 2nd or 3rd round. (we have a thread talking about this over in the college football forum called "so, who is the stud DT")

Ngata is a possibility in the 1st.. if we really like him. Or possibly Shawn Cody, as a 34 DE.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004   #23
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover

as far as the coaching make sure you limit that to the defensive line coaching, not the head coaching.

i wasnt aware i suggested otherwise.

Quote:
The defensive line lacks speed big time, sure the idea is to lock up the interior with big bodies & occupy space but with todays athelete like a Culpepper it is not effective, hence dunta was brought off the end to basicly get in Culpeppers face.

are u arguing to bring in undersized defensive linemen who dont fit the 3-4 defense because dunta is fast?

Quote:
The NFL is all about speed. I completley agree with the Texans decision to draft Dunta Robinson he has quickly become my favorite Texan, to suggest Wilfork would have been a better pick well then your an ignoramus.

i was an advocate of drafting a defensive back to and never campaigned for wilfork at any time during the draft. if you read my post again carefully i think you'll find no mention of wilfork.......

Quote:
The Texans have a fine young offensive line that will improve with time as they develop playing as a unit don't be so negative have some patience.

are you quoting me but arguing with another poster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
as for our offensive line woes...the left side is young and they will get better. i have little doubt in that. mckinney is my issue.

mckinney isnt young and has clearly been the problem. wand and pitts have not yet reached their ceiling and will get better. with mckinney, what ya see is what ya get. hes topped out.

try reading my post this time if your going to quote me...or switch to o'douls.
Old 10-16-2004   #24
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

I think we should change our defensive scheme to a 4-3, put babin and Robaire back at their regular pos. and draft Derrick Johnson to play OLB. That would be sooo nice!!!
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004   #25
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

that would be a bad idea on so many levels.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read