Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2004   #1
supertankman
Rookie

Default They better keep that roof open

According to John John McClain (Oct 7, 2004 1:08:40 PM)
I think the Texans have a good chance to beat the Vikings. They better keep that roof open. Minnesota has lost 17 of 18 outdoors. Not road games -- outdoor road games. The Texans are concerned with fan comfort. In theory, that's good. In reality, teams should use everything possible to have a home advantage. I don't know of a fan who's more concerned with being comfortable than helping the Texans win. Keep the roof open, even if it snows, hails, rains, etc. High wind and lightning, now those are a different matter.
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #2
Demon
Rookie

Default Good weather ahead

At least according to the weather forecasters. It looks like a "roof open" day.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'm all for the roof being open! My sunburn from last weekend is going away, time for another one.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually the stat is 1-17 for road games on grass. Of course they probably weren't thinking of Reliant when they started keeping track but either way they are on grass.
Old 10-08-2004   #5
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I sat in the sun in section 325 for the whole game. Maybe it wasn't so bad because of the game that was taking place. I definately had a darker "tan", but I never left my seat even to go to the bathroom. Every time I needed an "adult beverage", my lovely wife went to get it for me...
Old 10-08-2004   #6
Txnpride
Veteran

Open or closed....As long as we make enough noise we got a good shot of disrupting their timing .I sat in 116 the last 2 games...Unless I can find someone to trade for my 140 sec.I wont be in the bullpen.I hope the people in sec 140 are ready for me :hehe:
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #7
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Keep the roof open, let those boys from up north get a taste of that down south Texas heat.
Old 10-08-2004   #8
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Keep the roof open, let those boys from up north get a taste of that down south Texas heat.
I'm with you buddy let them feel the houston heat.
Old 10-08-2004   #9
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In reality, teams should use everything possible to have a home advantage. I don't know of a fan who's more concerned with being comfortable than helping the Texans win.
I couldn't agree more, for this time of the season. If it is early in the season I have to say I think it is safer, for the fans themselves, with the roof closed. Having sat there for an early season game once I can tell you that the heat seemed to be bad enough to actually make some of the BULLPEN fans physically ill.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #10
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
I couldn't agree more, for this time of the season. If it is early in the season I have to say I think it is safer, for the fans themselves, with the roof closed. Having sat there for an early season game once I can tell you that the heat seemed to be bad enough to actually make some of the BULLPEN fans physically ill.
I kept checking on SheTexan to make sure she didn't pass out last weekend! The wife & I just gutted it out and baked alive..... Oh well, sunscreen time for us again this weekend, especially with the Astros playing a noon game tomorrow!
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #11
Andre Carr
Rookie

I just hope they keep the roof open . After all thats what the whole purpose was , to have open air football in Houston . The fans that complain just need to suck it up and deal with it , or just stay their sissy selves at the la casa snd soak up all that AC .
Old 10-09-2004   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Carr
I just hope they keep the roof open . After all thats what the whole purpose was , to have open air football in Houston . The fans that complain just need to suck it up and deal with it , or just stay their sissy selves at the la casa snd soak up all that AC .

I don't know why some of you can't get it through your heads that Reliant is not an "open air" stadium!! It is a stadium without a roof! Open air stadiums have open concourses where air circulates, NOT SO at Reliant! Also, if the heat affects one team, why not the other?? I know for a fact that the heat has bothered some of the TEXAN players, so don't throw that "dark jersy," "standing in the sun" theory at me. These are professional players who should be conditioned to play in any environment. We'll see how our Texans do when they go to Chicago and NY in Dec. Personally, I think they will do just fine!

I get really ticked when someone is so lame they come up with "stay their sissy selves at the la casa and soak up all that AC!" I want to be in my section, standing on my feet, screaming my stinking head off for my TEXANS, not sitting in my seat, waiting for someone to bring me a cup of ice so I can cool down enough to be able to walk up the stairs without fainting. Before you blast me for being a "sissy" I want you to know! I perfer the roof open, except on days when it's blistering hot in the North end zone. They will close the stinking roof for a "threat of rain" but will leave it open when it's 120 degrees in some sections. Think about how much louder it would be if all those fans were in their seats yelling, rather than walking the concourses to stay cool. So, the win/lose theory can go either way. Bring on the RAIN!! :hehe:
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
I know for a fact that the heat has bothered some of the TEXAN players:hehe:
I'm sure the heat bothers all the players, but it will bother Minnesota players more than it will bother Houston players.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read