Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2004   #1
pegmystic2

Default Will DD be back in the line-up this weekend?

How bad is his sprain?
Old 10-04-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

From what i've heard its not to bad i think they were holding him out for precautionary. I hope he's back for the Vikes if he can hold on to the ball which i'm sure he can we can start blowing teams out (well some teams) !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I hope he's back too, but I'm not sure about blowing teams out. We'll definately need an effective running game against the Vikings and their talented DLine. I hope the O-Line plays like they did yesterday. They were playing great. Can't wait till Sunday.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

From listening to Capers on his radio show, he said that Davis is "making progress" in that he doesn't feel much pain when running straight ahead, but it still feels tender when cutting, so it's "day to day".

Translation: I don't think Capers will want to risk re-injury until he's confident that Davis is 100 per cent, and he won't be 100 per cent on Sunday. So, maybe next week.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #5
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Well i'm pretty happy with our runningback situation, i was expecting DD to miss a couple games and Hollings is the only one who hasn't broken out yet. I think we might be one of the few teams to have 3 different players rush for 100 yards in a game this year.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #6
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
From listening to Capers on his radio show, he said that Davis is "making progress" in that he doesn't feel much pain when running straight ahead, but it still feels tender when cutting, so it's "day to day".

Translation: I don't think Capers will want to risk re-injury until he's confident that Davis is 100 per cent, and he won't be 100 per cent on Sunday. So, maybe next week.
If Davis is going to be this delicate, the Texans definitely need to start evaluating college RB's
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #7
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I wanna see Hollings out there getting a bulk of the carries. I know i feel like i'm jumping on the Wells bandwagon, but in the 2 games he has played this season he has run the ball well. Not great, but very good. On his only goal line situation he got the ball in on the first try, could turn into our short yardage back.

The couple of runs i saw from Hollings looked quite impressive, also the 2 games Davis doesn't play (he barely played in KC) we are 2-0
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2004   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
If Davis is going to be this delicate, the Texans definitely need to start evaluating college RB's
Let's try not to overreact. Running backs take a lot of punishment. And from what I saw Sunday, they seem to already have adequate depth at the position if the offensive line is doing its job.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #9
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought he was supposed to get 2000 yards this year.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #10
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
but he will no longer be the focus of the offense.
don't think he really was intended to be. i think the o-line stunk it up so bad in the first two game, carr had to check down. and even 20-25 carries means he's still a big part, not counting the 2-4 receptions he's going to get as well.

Quote:
wow, i guess davis decided he wanted to severly sprain his ankle instead of shutting up doubters against the cheifs
Old 10-04-2004   #11
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

The Texans need to find a running back who can be depended on to play every Sunday. Sure, injuries are going to happen.......especially at running back. However, Davis is proving to be a little too delicate to be a starting running back in the NFL. He was injured at the beginning of last year, then once he became the starting running back he ended up missing time later in the season. He has already missed a full game and most of another this year. He has never....NEVER.....made it through a complete season in the NFL or college without missing time due to injury.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

All I know is that Carr has a sprained ankle, won't practice till later in the week.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

DD will never be another Priest Holmes, that's for sure!! Holmes ran over a 100 yds against us on a hurt ankle, and he's still out there playing. The NFL is not for weenies! JMO
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #14
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

He means Carr...
Here ya go

Read down to the bottom of the article titled: Extra Points.
It was also in the Chronicle
Old 10-05-2004   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
.... also the 2 games Davis doesn't play (he barely played in KC) we are 2-0
That has nothing very little to do with Davis and a lot to do with how Palmer calls plays when Davis is in there. As long as they keep the offense opened up like this, Davis will have a good year and the Texans will win ball games. When they start thinking Davis needs to be 45% of the offense, that's a problem.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
The Texans need to find a running back who can be depended on to play every Sunday. Sure, injuries are going to happen.......especially at running back. However, Davis is proving to be a little too delicate to be a starting running back in the NFL. He was injured at the beginning of last year, then once he became the starting running back he ended up missing time later in the season. He has already missed a full game and most of another this year. He has never....NEVER.....made it through a complete season in the NFL or college without missing time due to injury.

Ladanian Tomlinson is not available!!! I repeat, "Ladanian Tomlinson is not available!"... I don't know who you are all thinking about when you talk about RBs being durable and playing 16 games in a season with any regularity:

Jamal Lewis- missed two complete seasons
Clinton Portis- missed the playoffs and a coupl of games last year
Ricky Williams- well, you know.
Priest Holmes- hip injury in 2002
Ahman Green- misses games, including a few last year
Stephen Davis- has missed games every season of his career
Travis Henry- has missed time in 3 of his 4 years.
Edgerin James- missed an entire season, plus other games
Marshal Faulk- one season in Indy, significant time in St.Louis the past 4yrs
Deuce McAllister- umm, he's out right now
Shaun Alexander- (one exception) he's been very reliable
Michael Bennett- no way!
Fred Taylor- has missed many games in his career

So, let's have some perspective. There aren't many RBs that can take the pounding weekly and not miss significant time. Who wouldn't want Tomlinson or Emmitt Smith?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

We're 0-2 when he's played and 2-0 when he hasn't. Sounds like we don't need real bad. It's becoming more and more apparent that the durablility issue
is long-term for DD. He may end up doing for us what it was origionally thought he would - 3rd down back and maybe punt/kickoff returns. RB by
committee is working real good right now anyway.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #18
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Let DD heal. It looks like Wells has something to prove right now.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #19
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck
Arrow i've looked high and low...

but i can't find any info on DD's status as we near sunday. anyone heard/read anything? im just anxious/excited about the thought of carr/dre/DD healthy and playing together while the texans are on an upswing, first time in franchise history we have momentum!! :woot :woot !!
Old 10-07-2004   #20
texansfan88
All Pro

listed as questionable on the injury report. being questionable is defined as the player having a 50-50 shot of playing in that weeks game. The new injury report will be out tommorow
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read