Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2004   #41
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember the fact that Culpepper will fumble the ball..he's had a monster problem with holding on to the football. I think Dom Capers should make the Texans defenders go after the ball whenever they are near Culpepper. I think it's easier to make the ball knock out of his hand then take him down, he's bigger than some linebackers.
Old 10-05-2004   #42
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The Texans have to pray and keep the roof openhttp://www.freep.com/sports/lions/sylvester-bar124e_20040924.htm

That quote was from a couple of weeks ago...
You can look at it this way, they are 1-17 when they are playing road games...I say blitz on every play that will take every Viking out of the game. We should just have Coleman covering Moss. We don't need 2 people on him. If we keep Culpepper On the run, then he can't throw it to anybody.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #43
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Moss is going to get his. No doubt about that in my mind at all
So will AJ. No doubt about that in my mind at all.

Quote:
they are 1-17 when they are playing road games
I think that's open stadiums, which means let's open the roof!!!

Quote:
he's bigger than some linebackers
At about 264 lbs., he's bigger than some defensive lineman!
Old 10-05-2004   #44
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah Culpepper is a big ol QB. I remember reading somewhere that he weighs more than every offensive lineman on the Dolphins perfect season team. Big guy. On the other hand I saw Jason Simmons put a monster pop on a great big Raider the other day so if the Texans can lay some licks on Culpepper, maybe cause a fumble, and get inside his head then we have a chance in this one.

The Vikings are a very good football team but for some reason after what we've seen this season I think I'd be more worried if they were a really bad football team. The Texans seem to be pretty good at rising to the level of an opponent. They're less good at playing above the level of an opponent they percieve to be beatable.
Old 10-05-2004   #45
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

We just have to make sure we establish a run game and sustain drives without a TO. Minnesota usually stops itself or starts tanking it all together.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #46
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Lots of good ideas. Heres my I don't think hits are going to hurt QB much at his size but even getting close may make him hurry the pass. I like "born orange" plan of mixed coverages. Blitz a safety or even a corner occasionally. I would have Simmons or Brown (weak against pass anyway)bust Moss in the chops every down and then let Glenn run with him. Earl could fill role if Brown not able to start. I would shade Coleman to that side.

Saying Moss is only part of the team is like saying the same about Barry Bonds. You simply don't let the #1 threat beat you. If Vikings go with 4 receivers, you add a cb and pull a lbacker. I think our defense can wear down their offense. Especially if we keep our D fresh with long drives that eat up clock and score at least 3 every time down the field.

Personally I expect our recievers to out perform theirs as a unit. Special teams may be the key to this game. Prediction 19 - 17 Home town boys!
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read