Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2004   #21
dmt217
Veteran

Now that's what I call putting the "Hitstick" to good use. Anyway, I'd love to see it again on the 'net. Does anyone have a link?
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #22
texansfan88
All Pro

Man, I still have not seen it
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #23
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

No thats not the only reason he got the game ball...he's played his heart out for this team and had made several huge plays including about 4 (??) in this win...I dont know the exact number but maybe someone that has the game on tape or has dvr can be more exact.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #24
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I also heard that he lost a family member within the last week.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #25
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Man, I still have not seen it
I haven't seen it in any of the recaps of the game yet, but I think someone else mentioned that there's a good chance it will be on Texans Huddle on Thursday. That's probably the best bet, but I'm going to watch Monday Night Countdown to see if it's on the "Jacked Up" segment. They tend to show more clips from the game than ESPN. I almost hope the NFL fines him so they'll have to show the clip more often....ALMOST. I've been looking for a clip on the net, but I haven't found one. Anyone hear if Simms was injured at all? I'd hate to see that happen.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #26
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I haven't seen it in any of the recaps of the game yet, but I think someone else mentioned that there's a good chance it will be on Texans Huddle on Thursday. That's probably the best bet, but I'm going to watch Monday Night Countdown to see if it's on the "Jacked Up" segment. They tend to show more clips from the game than ESPN. I almost hope the NFL fines him so they'll have to show the clip more often....ALMOST. I've been looking for a clip on the net, but I haven't found one. Anyone hear if Simms was injured at all? I'd hate to see that happen.

You almost hope they fine him?? You cant be serious ???? It was a clean hit and frankly it was about time someone on this team starting laying the wood like we all thought they would this year.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #27
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
You almost hope they fine him?? You cant be serious ???? It was a clean hit and frankly it was about time someone on this team starting laying the wood like we all thought they would this year.
That's why I said almost. If they fined him then the hit would be highlighted on most sports shows, and then everyone who hasn't seen it would finally see what all the fuss is about. It's not out of the question for him to be fined though. They fined Roy Williams for that hit on Coles in the Redskins/Cowboys game last Monday night. His hit was very clean, and he was still fined $7500.
Old 10-04-2004   #28
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Ok...what exact time does this "Jacked up" segment come on tonight? I saw the hit from the stands and my jaw dropped. Really felt bad for the guy...he was rolling around in pain for awhile.

Good to see he got up after a minuite....and good to see his head was still attatched to his shoulders as well.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #29
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Ok...what exact time does this "Jacked up" segment come on tonight? I saw the hit from the stands and my jaw dropped. Really felt bad for the guy...he was rolling around in pain for awhile.

Good to see he got up after a minuite....and good to see his head was still attatched to his shoulders as well.
I'm not sure of the exact time. It's usually on sometime during the hour and a half pre game coverage ESPN does on Monday Night Countdown. It's genearlly towards the end, but I'll be watching the whole thing just in case.
Old 10-04-2004   #30
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I have watched that hit multiple times on Tivo, I hope that NFL films caught it and they have a good shot of it on film on Inside the NFL, but they have been really weak on Texans highlights so far this season on HBO. When i first saw the hit i thought it was on Robert Gallery and i thought his career was over.

The hit was simply brutal and Sims better be thanking his lucky stars that Simmons is under 200lbs... if that was someone even 25lbs heavier he could have been down for alot longer. Sims hit the ground before his helmet did.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #31
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Great hit. I was shocked both of them came out uninjured. I hope someone can find a link on the net of the hit.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #32
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I cant believe that didnt make the Jacked up list. It was a better hit than any of the five they had on there.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #33
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I think it wasn't on there cause there wasn't a real clear view of it on film
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #34
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
I cant believe that didnt make the Jacked up list. It was a better hit than any of the five they had on there.
Quote:
I think it wasn't on there cause there wasn't a real clear view of it on film
agreed, definately better than all except maybe the henderson "rick james" slap :hehe: someone has got to have had a good angle on it. i REALLY hope it makes it on the internet. if anyone finds it please post where you found it!!
Old 10-04-2004   #35
texasguy346
Mod Squad

I thought for sure it would be on Jacked Up. That list was horrible, but I did like the Henderson slap and the hit on Brooks at the goaline by the Cards.
Old 10-04-2004   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

They showed on FoxSW that Capers gave Jason Simmons the game ball. He mentioned Jason was one person who went throug alot last week. What happened? Other than the hit, I don't know why Jason would've gotten the game ball.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #37
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

^ death in the family
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #38
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know who exactly passed away as far as relation to him? I am praying for Jason and his family.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #39
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Totally Football show comes on at 5:30 today on FOX SW. They might show the hit on there.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read